Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I'm not coming for a series of reasons. Some are to do with what's been going on here, and some due to home circumstances. I'll leave it at that, but I hope those, who do attend, have a good time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I'm not coming for a series of reasons. Some are to do with what's been going on here, and some due to home circumstances. I'll leave it at that, but I hope those, who do attend, have a good time.
    The atmosphere at the jams is very very different from how it often is on here. 

The internet is a great thing, but it’s a massive pain in the bollocks at the same time - it makes people say things in haste, and things can get misinterpreted so quickly. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    The atmosphere at the jams is very very different from how it often is on here. 

The internet is a great thing, but it’s a massive pain in the bollocks at the same time - it makes people say things in haste, and things can get misinterpreted so quickly. 
    Couldn't agree more about the atmosphere at a Jam Session.
    The world outside disappears and differences vanish as everyone has kittens about not having practiced at all until yesterday.

We're all dickheads to someone and we all know a few.
    We've all said daft things online and face to face at some point in our lives.

You might not be the only one putting personal feelings aside on the day either.
    Good luck to you Dave, whether you come along or not but say hello if you do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1244
    I'm going to bail on this as well.

I've been working far too much the past couple months, and have hardly picked up a guitar, which is why I've not been on here much lately except for a quick look now and then (have I missed more handbags being swung???).
    So I just want a weekend to relax, and do as little as possible.

I did send the money at the start of the week for the jam, which I'm more than happy to still go towards the event/tFB funds, as it's something I really do hope continues.
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Do we have a running order yet? That will dictate my cramming today (I'm supposed to be working from home and keeping the kids from killing each other, but guitar practice has to take precedence)...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5401
    @McToot No cramming!  That's not fair.  I have to do actual work, and then actual domesticity tonight. No last minute revision here :(
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    McToot said:
    Do we have a running order yet? That will dictate my cramming today (I'm supposed to be working from home and keeping the kids from killing each other, but guitar practice has to take precedence)...
    Not sure what the running order is.  Cramming also happened here, I think I've reached saturation point.  What's not learned will have to stay unlearned!
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @Legionreturns is on running order duty
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    pmbomb said:
    Haha, can't argue with that :)
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    pmbomb said:
    In fact only 4 mins stagger walk...
    Snags said:
    @McToot No cramming!  That's not fair.  I have to do actual work, and then actual domesticity tonight. No last minute revision here :(
    So far I have done SFA. Two kids getting really bored, a Sky engineer installing stuff and it IS FECKIN HOT, so nothing. 

At this rate I'm going to be winging it big time and when you have my skill levels, that could be car crash territory.

One thing I have done is restrung my 80s-tastic Jackson, which I think is a must for Danger Zone. But I've never re-strung a Floydy geetar before (I've not had this long) and I fear I may have guffed it up - maybe the strong gauge was heavier than I thought. Basically the Floyd has tipped up so it's sloping high to low towards the bridge pick up.   What have I done wrong? Or do I need to tighten or loosen the springs...

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    edited August 2018
    McToot said:
    One thing I have done is restrung my 80s-tastic Jackson, which I think is a must for Danger Zone. But I've never re-strung a Floydy geetar before (I've not had this long) and I fear I may have guffed it up - maybe the strong gauge was heavier than I thought. Basically the Floyd has tipped up so it's sloping high to low towards the bridge pick up.   What have I done wrong? Or do I need to tighten or loosen the springs...
    Loosen the springs as they pulling it down too much

If you're having trouble bring it up tomorrow and i'm sure there are plenty of us who can help sort it out.. Floyds are well annoying
  • Right... 

This is a major ballache as I'm still not clear on who's there on each day, and what songs people want to gig and therefore need to be Saturday. 

I recall we said we were going to allow more time, so, 20 ish minutes per song. 

If you are on a song you want to gig, please tell me! I'll be updating this tomorrow throughout the day, and will be happy to change stuff about. 

In the mean time, here's my work in progress, that you should be able to edit. 

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhXFsWIzRPPYkE3I44V8ptxPOhwQ

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5401
    I imagine the "gigging" bit will end up being a team decision once we've discovered whether they go well or kfuc up royally :)

However, in principle I'm content to gig anything I'm playing on as long as everyone else is. Whether I want to is another matter entirely ;)

If the gig ends up looking a bit content-light I'm sure we can pull a few easy crowd-pleasers out as buskers (Stuck in the middle, Bad Moon Rising that kind of thing).
    LuttiS said:
    McToot said:
    Loosen the springs as they pulling it down too much

If you're having trouble bring it up tomorrow and i'm sure there are plenty of us who can help sort it out.. Floyds are well annoying
    Thanks. I've had a play around and I think I'm getting there...

I'm not mad keen on gigging. It takes away valuable drinking time.  And if I have made full use of said drinking time, I will be no good gigging. The Into the Great wide open is the one I'm weakest on too...

This discussion has been closed.