Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    @Alnico If you can't get strings I've got some manly 11s. I've just restrung the Tele and the PRS so I'm all tooled up and ready to go.

@Legionreturns In terms of the gig, I reckon we'd better see what happens at the jam to see what goes into the gig set list. Some people might not be happy with playing stuff in public that they did during the day. If we're short there are enough of us who can sing and play a few covers bands standards that will fill any gaps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Been in London all day. Ugh. So hot and only just back. Somehow got to find time to do a million jobs and then pack for tomorrow. Bah.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Snags said:
    @alnico I'll be bringing some spare d'Addarios with me - nickel wound and pro-steels, but they'll all be 10-46

@Alnico If you can't get strings I've got some manly 11s. I've just restrung the Tele and the PRS so I'm all tooled up and ready to go.

Thanks guys.
    My nut is cut for 10 - 52 and I've got 10 - 46 here, I just don't want to use them. I can't get on with thin bottom strings and 52 is just about ok for me.

I'll pop to the shop Chris mentioned in the morning and see what they've got. The strings on my Strat will probably do as they are but I would have liked to fit new ones.

I'm going to be running a feature tomorrow called "How to cope when you done ZERO practice". It'll involve me, my laptop and a seperate room, desperately cramming and learning shit because life has kept me way too busy to actually do it here. It's a common problem for a lot of people so instead of killing myself tonight with it, I'm just going to leave it until I get there and spend the first hour or two doing this for myself but also if you want to watch HOW I learn things and HOW I approach this, it might be interesting for some.

If anyone has got a flip board or dry wipe board on an easel that would mean I can do some teaching too.
    I'm not prepped for lessons as such but I can pull a couple of hours worth of "How To" shit out of the bag, more or less on spec.
    Without some kind of board to write/draw on and refer to though, that gets a bit sketchy but it's not impossible.
    See what happens.

There will definitely be a 'Panic Room' set up if I can find spare space to do it in though.
    If anyone else is a bit worried about their song(s) I'll do my best to help them out too.

I can also help with set up / restrings / faults etc on the day or if people want to know tech stuff about their guitar, how to do some jobs themselves etc.
    I'll bring some tools.
    Quick question, do I need to bring my Blues Cube amp for the jam rooms at the studio, or will there be plenty of spare amps to plug into? 
    I'm bringing my Katana just in case.
    It takes up so little space and in another room it might just prove to be very useful.
    I can also bring my Fender Sidekick 30w which I've never heard at volume yet.

I'd say bring yours anyway.

The others might disagree...?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11755
    I think bringing a praccy amp falls into the category of "if you don't need it then it can stay in your car, if you do, you will be glad you bought it".

I'm bringing my Blackstar ID Core 20, my PRS SE Custom 24 thats become my number one, that nobody seems to like, and my Crafter acoustic, and a capo, for Holy Mountain and Zombie...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Food festival is well lubricated. 

@modellista buying more beer.

@differs has been persuaded to take car home and return for more beer.

This could get messy.

Send help. 

Message ends. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6812
    Thought @differs was on holiday? Is he drumming tomorrow?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    is there a chippy nearby? I don't do dead cows/pigs.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    still to pack, so glad I didn't have a 3rd pint of that luscious Kernel IPA in the beer shop. Still, 'spose you norverners never tried it ...
    mrkb said:
    From the sounds of it the inside of his head will be...
    Right, I'm turning off the PC.

For tomorrow, I've not even close to gotten good enough at Ace of Spades to be the only guitar, so I'd appreciate a guitar 2 if we are going to do it.

For the rest, I'm just going to have fun.  Sure I've forgotten to print out something...

See you all tomorrow, wish me a clear M1! :)
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    edited August 2018
    @pmbomb I'm bringing some frozen veggie bullshit for the BBQ which will hopefully only have been defrosted for a few hours before we get there

ETA: implication being there'll be more than i need for myself, so you're welcome to some Linda McCartney junk food if you want
  • mrkb said:
    From the sounds of it the inside of his head will be...
    @differs is due at the airport at 3:30 am.... oops! 

Right, I'm turning off the PC.

For tomorrow, I've not even close to gotten good enough at Ace of Spades to be the only guitar, so I'd appreciate a guitar 2 if we are going to do it.

For the rest, I'm just going to have fun.  Sure I've forgotten to print out something...

See you all tomorrow, wish me a clear M1! :)
    Happy Clear M1.

I'll back you up on Ace of Spades if there's no one else on guitar 2 for that one.
    I've been playing Comfy all night, I reckon it'll sound ok.

Just got to pack a few things and file my nails and I'm good to go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nearly home time! See you all on the morrow chaps! 

I may be slightly hanging  :/ 

• I expect to leave here within the next hour. See you in 4 hours after that. Will call at the studio first, leave musical gear, then go to check in at the hotel, before returning to get stuck in. If anyone else is staying at The Cambridge, I will be happy to share taxis to/from.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I expect to leave here within the next hour. See you in 4 hours after that. Will call at the studio first, leave musical gear, then go to check in at the hotel, before returning to get stuck in. If anyone else is staying at The Cambridge, I will be happy to share taxis to/from.

I think check in is from 2ish. I'm at Cambridge too and could do with a lift around and a share around then :)
    We're sat in the Merrie England Cafe.

Silver 02 Yaris parked outside. 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    Mr Google is a lying bastard. 4 hours minimum my butt, here in 3 without speeding. Off to find the Merrie England so I don't pee in @Sasquatch_Bob 's yard
  • Alnico said:
    We're sat in the Merrie England Cafe.

Silver 02 Yaris parked outside. 
    Blimey! You're early lol 

See you in a bit. Might enlist you for help ;) 

This discussion has been closed.