WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    edited July 2018
    Cheer for Belgium, better beer. Although I expect France to win!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:

Doing the rounds ... :-)

I suppose Kane could be Irish ... :-)

Kidding obviously, but are we supposed to be thankful for slavery then, since that is what brought their antecedents to those places? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1391
    Feck your nerves will be rattled this week English folk.
    I‘m completely neutral which makes it entertaining for me.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    https://i.imgur.com/hejiKyT.jpg

All together now... three lines on a skirt...
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    I think France will edge it tonight. 

Looking at the Croatia team, almost every player is in a top flight European side and they are all experienced players, so I think we are definitely the underdogs for tomorrow night.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    We have a great chance of winning any team with Lovren in defence. I just hope Liverpool can off load him Mignolet And Karius ASAP. The thought of Lovren or Mignolet getting a world cup winners medal grates.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474

Looking at the Croatia team, almost every player is in a top flight European side and they are all experienced players, so I think we are definitely the underdogs for tomorrow night.
    I'm hoping the fact they've sent their coach home for misconduct and had two mentally and physically draining games that both went into ET and penalties, will give us a leg up...but I'm not taking anything for granted. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13948
    I woke up this morning with a dreadful premonition Croatia 2-1 England, think I may have been dreaming or something but when I woke I was convinced the match had been played already and that was the score.

• BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    I woke up this morning with a dreadful premonition Croatia 2-1 England, think I may have been dreaming or something but when I woke I was convinced the match had been played already and that was the score.
    My problem is the opposite, i thought Sweden & Colombia would beat us. Now I',m looking at Croatia and feeling confident which is obviously a bad sign
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Croatia have some great players, possibly the most creative midfield player in world football, they'll be a handful. 

However, it's not our first day either, I'm confident we'll be able to match them.

In a low scoring, fractious game, I fancy Us to sneak past them to face Belgium in the Final. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

I disagree. Croatia were shocking against Russia for much of the game. I don't see that either team are favourites. It will be a close game. I think our set piece play could swing it as no team has been able to counter this part of our game, partly because different England players step up and score. It's not all about Harry Kane .. and Sterling with frighten them although he can't hit a barn door from three feet. This has to change.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Croatia are bound to be tired after two ET games so I rate England as favourites to make the Final. And I think Belgium will just about shade it over France tonight.

Alert. My predictions history is dodgy to say the least.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Fretwired said: It's not all about Harry Kane .. and Sterling with frighten them although he can't hit a barn door from three feet. This has to change.

I really think Sterling will pull them all over the place again, so hopefully they will be knackered at the 60 minute mark. If that happens, we have a chance. If Sterling is knackered by then too, we have Rashford to bring on.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12413
    Rocker said:
    Croatia are bound to be tired after two ET games so I rate England as favourites to make the Final. And I think Belgium will just about shade it over France tonight.

Alert. My predictions history is dodgy to say the least.
    Its close to 50/50 we may have too much energy for them, they may have too good a midfield for us.  I would say they have already peaked in this tournament though against Argentina, I sensed we could up our game against the swedes if we had to.  I think we may sneak a 2-1
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    I'm assuming that for France Vs Belgium they will be more concerned about losing than taking chances to score so 120 minutes of deadlock then penalties wouldn't surprise me at all. Early goal and it could be brilliant but I've quite low expectations of tonight. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Ben8010Ben8010 Frets: 150
    Croatia's defending of set pieces up until now has been pretty dodgy at times and we've been the best in the tournament at attacking them. Couple that with the fact they have played 120 minutes in their last 2 games then I'm cautiously confident we can take it.

I fancy France to beat Belgium tonight, but I hope I'm wrong on that one.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4725

So are all the England team, to be fair.

The bookies all make England favourites, so hard to see us as underdogs.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/croatia-v-england/winner

Not saying we'll definitely win, by any means, but in with a great chance.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    World Cup semi final = no longer about form, history or individual players. It’s about which team does the job and doesn’t bottle it on the night, assuming both teams are fit. 

I reckon its more about momentum, confidence, commitment, team spirit and drive now rather than anything else. Yes, you need talent at this point, but to be honest all 4 semi finalists have enough talent to get the job done.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7811
    I'm assuming that for France Vs Belgium they will be more concerned about losing than taking chances to score so 120 minutes of deadlock then penalties wouldn't surprise me at all. Early goal and it could be brilliant but I've quite low expectations of tonight. 

Needs Belgium to score early to bring out the French attack, then we could see quite a game develop. Without that early goal I just think France will be too cautious. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13948
    Never mind Golden Boot, Hazza Kane will be Golden Bollocks is he can poke a couple of winners in the net tomorrow

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom