WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    England have scored most of their goals from set pieces, so obviously the coaching ( by a Scotsman Allan Russell ) has been spot on. 
    i suspect Croatia will try and get Mandzukic up against Kyle Walker as much as they can as he is suspect in the air and not a natural Centreback and Mandzukic likes to try and bully defenders

2-1 Croatia- Mandzukic first goal 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    England goes out on penalties
    normal service is resumed... lol..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Clarky said:
    England goes out on penalties
    normal service is resumed... lol..

If it goes to extra time, England should win.  Some of the Croatians looked out on their feet at the end against Russia.  They are an older team than England as well.  For Croatia to win, it has to happen in 90 minutes.  If it goes to extra time, England should have a lot more energy.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14319
    tFB Trader
    Very hard to man Mark Modric. He just drifts were  and when required.. IMO one of the best midfield players around today. Yet the more we can limit his influence the better chance we have

from now on in then I hope the eventual winner is from our semi final

when was the last time two teams from the same group stage met in a final ?  Assuming us and Belgium
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Very hard to man Mark Modric. He just drifts were  and when required.. IMO one of the best midfield players around today. Yet the more we can limit his influence the better chance we have

from now on in then I hope the eventual winner is from our semi final

when was the last time two teams from the same group stage met in a final ?  Assuming us and Belgium
    That was intriguing me, too, so after a quick Goooooogle:

So far it has only happened twice. The first time was in Switzerland during the 1954 World Cup. Champions West Germany and runners-up Hungary were both from Group 2. The second time was in Chile during the 1962 World Cup, champions Brazil and runners-up Czechoslovakia were from group 3.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    This is the world cup semi final. Modric needs taking out.
    we have no Pearce so Henderson  or Maguire are going to have to do it. Just do a Ramos and try and remove one of his arms. 
    Seriously everything has to go through Lovren. We have to batter him with the ball and he will give us opportunities. Henderson Knows this. I expect balls over the top of Lovren and Sterling running him Ragged. Kane to pounce on the Resulting Errors that follow. England 2 . 0 winners.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24412
    It starts in half an hour - I just want to know who to support !  Who do we stand a better chance against ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Hope for extra time!
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    2 quality teams on show tonight!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24412
    As much as it goes against the grain for an Englishman to support France, I have to say Belgium look more dangerous, so I'm rooting for a French win, which could be better for us IF (and it's a big if) we win tomorrow.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15590
    missed the 1st half hour, so only just catching up now, but feck me France look good. A real combination of great individual skills and team play. Hard to see them losing on the basis of the last 15 mins or so

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    VimFuego said:
    missed the 1st half hour, so only just catching up now, but feck me France look good. A real combination of great individual skills and team play. Hard to see them losing on the basis of the last 15 mins or so
    I dunno, Belgium look like a good solid strong well organised and well drilled team - going to be very difficult to choose between them
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Not been the cautious game I’d anticipated although still 0-0 at this stage and I can still see it going all the way. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Can't split them. Both look so dangerous, and so much quality all over the park. Just incredible sides.
    If Martinez had played the tactical loss against England, this would be the final.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Don’t much fancy our lot meeting either of these if they get past Croatia tomorrow. Astonishing pace and skills. Cracking entertainment as a neutral!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    Just saw Mick Jagger in the crowd. What's he doing there?, turncoat traitor!

The King of Belgium and French President watching, who do we get tomorrow? Timmy Mallett and Eddie the Eagle?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13953
    France are a class apart on the attack, little touches of magic

• IvanMCIvanMC Frets: 91
    The reign of Messi won't endure... did you lads see that? Mbappe deserves to lift and kiss that cup.
    IvanMC said:
    The reign of Messi won't endure... did you lads see that? Mbappe deserves to lift and kiss that cup.
    Shame Giroud is playing shite tho...