Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Slash Album and Tour announced

What's Hot

Comments

• I am in America this week but Mrs BCB managed to get me tickets and has ordered me the CD. Exciting! :3
    You are a lucky man Mr BCB!!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I am in America this week but Mrs BCB managed to get me tickets and has ordered me the CD. Exciting! :3
    You are a lucky man Mr BCB!!
    You wouldn't be saying that if you knew how much the fricking tickets were.  :#
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yikes, did she have to get them from viagogo or something ?

Yep!! I didn't leave adequate instructions for when to give up; I woke up to a series of increasingly desperate text messages! And then she was in a panic about paying too much. Ah well it's done now and I finally get to see Slash live after being a fan for 30 years!
    Yep!! I didn't leave adequate instructions for when to give up; I woke up to a series of increasingly desperate text messages! And then she was in a panic about paying too much. Ah well it's done now and I finally get to see Slash live after being a fan for 30 years!
    That’s awesome! You can’t put a price on that!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    edited September 2018
    Oh yeah, forgot this is out today! Been in Italy for work, and sat in Bologna airport while I wait for my delayed flight.... so listening to it on Spotify now. And the Mrs has just said my Deluxe Super Duper Mega Awesome Limited Version has also arrived at home with the hardback book and the double LP

EDIT - About 9 tracks in, and loving it so far. Really like each track - much better than the last release IMO.

Just wish Miles would really belt it out sometimes, seems he's holding back sometimes. And it's always surprising how little gain VunterSlaush actually uses.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2580
    tFB Trader
    I got my tickets for Glasgow too now!! can't wait!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Just finished listening to the album.

His best solo album ever, IMO. Superb - really great tunes on there and very well put together, if it is slightly moire restrained than I'd have liked :)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    Yikes, did she have to get them from viagogo or something ?

If I hadn't seem him before id probably pay what ever I needed to..  For a fan you just gotta see him at least once :)  Ive seen him live three times now and its just not worth the hassle for me. But for you even not knowing how much you paid, id say, worth it  :)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    FarleyUK said:
    Just finished listening to the album.

His best solo album ever, IMO. Superb - really great tunes on there and very well put together, if it is slightly moire restrained than I'd have liked

I have flicked through it..  Nothing ground breaking but I don't expect that from Slash at all..  He does what he does really well (if not actually the best) and puts out good hard rock music...  You either like Slash or you don't I guess and I do 

Also I find with him that his music as singles, I don't usually like it so much but I always enjoy them as albums so am looking forward to giving it a good listening too

I am finding Slash a bit like the Foo Fighters at the moment though as it is all a but formulaic. But where as I cant listen to their new stuff any more, I still enjoy hearing Slash play a guitar.

• I've got the CD, I've got the CD! Some instant wins and some growers, as with the last album. Approve.

Only 147 days to the gig!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great video link @Rabs. They've really got a bunch of great songs to gig. 
  • Sadly I find the newest album distinctly bland in comparison to the previous albums. Really disappointing as am a massive Slash fan. 

I'll give it a few more listens but nothing is jumping out at me atm.
  • World on Fire is the most catchy one for me off their last few albums.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    edited September 2018
    It's a grower. Listening to all their stuff, it's really damn good. As a huge Slash fam, I'm glad he constantly outputs new music.

There's a lot of good themes developed and I like the way they record, it sounds very natural. Hope you're listening to this on proper speakers!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22837
    I used a train journey yesterday to catch up with the last couple of issues of Guitarist and TGM - both reviewed Slash's album and gave it 7/10 and 6/10 respectively.  Quite surprised, in publications which rarely give anything a bad review.
  • 6/10 a bit harsh!
  • Todd Kerns is an unsung hero of rock and roll.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    I'mrreally enjoying the album. It's basically a less heavy alter bridge with slash replacing tremonti but that's still cool.