The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sgosden said:
    2 of my favourite old pedals - Neunaber WET and EQD Organizer...Kemper just sounds more natural to me than both of them now. Maybe my ears have changed as surely that's bollocks! In any case, they're on the block in the classifieds as a result!

are you using them into kemper?

With drives in particular I find stomp boxes react different into helix amp than they do valve amp, and helix drives hit helix amps and valve amps differently.

I much prefer helix drives > helix amps and analogue drive > valve amp.

Gonna do a similar test with modulation when I get some free playing time.

Can't say I've ever had a problem with drives into the Kemper, they sound great.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Watching Leon Todd's newest video showing off some really nice new features for the Axe FX...pisses me right off that Fractal users get new goodies so often, yet Kemper struggle to release a dodgy Beta from one year to the next, FFS.

I'd still choose Kemper tho...because toanz!

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Watching Leon Todd's newest video showing off some really nice new features for the Axe FX...pisses me right off that Fractal users get new goodies so often, yet Kemper struggle to release a dodgy Beta from one year to the next, FFS.

The Axe Fx3 was terribly disappointing,I actually preferred the Fx2, the 3 lasted 2 weeks and the Kemper felt a lot more "organic", might all be going though as I have been playing with the dark side of late and will be going back to valves ;)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Just noticed there is another update to the Beta dated 22nd Feb.
  • sweepy said:
    Watching Leon Todd's newest video showing off some really nice new features for the Axe FX...pisses me right off that Fractal users get new goodies so often, yet Kemper struggle to release a dodgy Beta from one year to the next, FFS.

The Axe Fx3 was terribly disappointing,I actually preferred the Fx2, the 3 lasted 2 weeks and the Kemper felt a lot more "organic", might all be going though as I have been playing with the dark side of late and will be going back to valves ;)
    Good luck with it. I flirted with that a few weeks back. Bought a new amp, pedals, reactive load, some new IRs, the lot...ended up keeping some pedals, found some better profiles and sent the amp back.

I too was disappointed by the Axe FX III, I knew after a few hours that it wasn't doing it for me. I had the II XL for a year and loved it, so found that very strange.

No matter what I try, the Kemper ends up coming out on top. Whether it's because of sound, yes, even up against a valve amp, or just sheer flexibility, the Kemper just wins for me.

PS I'm not talking about feel here, because I agree that valve wins in that regard. But audiences don't feel what we do, and they probably wouldn't give a shit if they could.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    crunchman said:
    Just noticed there is another update to the Beta dated 22nd Feb.
    I was part of a closed beta-beta test group - hopefully they've pushed out that patch, as it fixed a few issues I had.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    The reverb release is now out of beta and pushed to release status 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    PVO_Dave said:
    The reverb release is now out of beta and pushed to release status 
    Good news.  Have downloaded it, and installed the latest Rig Manager.  May spend some time playing with it later and setting up some performances.
    Anyone noticed a difference in tone with the latest release? Seems to me that a lot of my profiles - especially my main TopJimi Caswell JCM patches - are sounding a lot more 'muffled' than they previously did.

Have the definition on 10 and PureCab on, but on 0.

Anyone else noticed a difference? A couple of people on the Kemper forums have mentioned it as well.
  • Can't say I have, tbh, mate. Still sounds great.

• One for @FarleyUK : 

How is the Kemper with the Headrush FRFR at a relatively low practice home volume?

I'm currently using a pair of Presonus Eris E5s but I've moved house and my guitar room is now a loft room and I'm having trouble placing the speakers because of the sloped roof so I was wondering if a Headrush FRFR as a wedge would sound good?

I like the Eris' but for what its worth they lack depth at the volume I'm playing at and need more bass - I'm sure they're accurate without but I wouldn't mind so much if a larger FRFR speaker at a low volume emphasised the bass a little more than it should.

Shame the 1x8 Headrush is not due out for a few months!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• @chrishill901 acoustic treatment is where you should put your money.

• @chrishill901 acoustic treatment is where you should put your money.
    You're probably not wrong and that will help the sound from the Eris (which do sound good, don't get me wrong) but I currently have no sound to improve as I can't get the monitors up on the poles anywhere! The room doesn't lend itself at all to it...

From my usage of them, they're pretty good for home use - I've only had them around '1' on the volume level (which goes to 11), but the sound is good.

(Well, when I hit the right notes, anyway).
  • Does anyone have any experience with the Laney LFR-112? Looks like a good solution but is it just a PA speaker in a different housing or would it feel more like a guitar amp?

Laney LFR-112

Not going to lie, just the fact that my Kemper rack would sit on top and the whole thing would look more like a regular amp is appealing. I'm hoping to go to Gear4music soon with my Kemper and demo a few FRFR solutions to try and find the best

• @chrishill901 I have no experience of the Laney but Yamaha DXR10 is great. Personally, I'd wait for the Kemper Kone and would put it in a nice Zilla cab. I have a powered Kemper and have often thought about just buying a nice V30 1x12 for it.

• @Jonathanthomas83 the Kemper Kone is just a speaker right? My Kemper is unpowered

• @chrishill901 Yes, that's correct. Ahh, sorry fella, not much use then is it!

• No worries @Jonathanthomas83 - I appreciate the help! Although now I've watched a video on them and I want one. I wonder if they'll do a powered Kemper Kabinet?

• No worries @Jonathanthomas83 - I appreciate the help! Although now I've watched a video on them and I want one. I wonder if they'll do a powered Kemper Kabinet?
    I think it's inevitable, but we'll be waiting ages, as per usual!