The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• PVO_Dave said:
    Doesn't sound like my clip, think you got a good one.
    It was from a fresh batch they just had in if you fancy 3rd time lucky! :) 

Just need to get mine setup how I want it, wipe the old one and sell it on. Even had a custom made case for the head from Swanflight before there were other options available. 
    hehehe, nah I'm gonna stick with the head and remote. Too much faff to try a Stage again right now, and I'm appreciating the lack of bending down!

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2380
    Used the stage at a band practice for the first time yesterday, so much easier than the head and remote setup. 

Sadly my stage is having to get swapped out tomorrow (Andertons have been great so far), not because of any noise issues, but because of an issue with the LCD, hadn't noticed at first as I just assumed it was an air pocket under the protective film.
    Well, the swap out hasn’t gone as smoothly as I’d have liked. 

Replacement arrived when promised.. but turns out it was a used one! Don’t know if any of you guys registered one as Silv50, if so I needed up with it. It’s now being re-swapped on Tuesday as they only offered £30 off. Pretty sure it was an honest mistake and they are being quick to sort it. 

I knew it was used by the way, as missing a bag for the charging lead, finger prints / marks on the bottom of the unit (which I couldn’t then replicate / make more of) and it didn’t go through the setup procedure of setting the date / putting my name as author. Worth knowing to check any ‘new’ units you might get sent!

Fingers crossed for Tuesday.
    On a more positive note, this is a track I recorded during lockdown, with the vocals and lyrics done remotely by a friend and emailed over. All guitars and bass are Kemper, drums are SD3. 

https://open.spotify.com/track/49GAwlDoc5rlA3cK58ai00?si=0hiT2uKjTSSl_NzxahZvxw

Loads I’ll do differently next time, but my best recording so far. Only on Spotify as I thought it’d be cool to have some of my music on the streaming platforms. 
  • Public Beta 8.0 out now with new drives.

It's a do all block with a few parameters except for the Fulltone OCD which has it's own block. Sounds great to me so far.
  • Public Beta 8.0 out now with new drives.

It's a do all block with a few parameters except for the Fulltone OCD which has it's own block. Sounds great to me so far.

Do you have the release notes, please?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2445
    Public Beta 8.0 out now with new drives.

Do you have the release notes, please?
    Best bet is check the 8.0 Addendum : https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals

• Nice! Interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Shame there's no Muff update.

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Nice! Interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Shame there's no Muff update.
    Are you coming back?  ;)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Freebird said:
    Nice! Interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Shame there's no Muff update.
    Are you coming back?  ;)
    Ha, no fella, just taking a keen interest in developments! :-)

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 428
    Are the Kemper Drive presets that are supposed to be in the "Kemper Factory Content 8.0" showing for you guys in Rig Manager? They don't show up here.
  • susbemol said:
    Are the Kemper Drive presets that are supposed to be in the "Kemper Factory Content 8.0" showing for you guys in Rig Manager? They don't show up here.
    I had to download the update from the website and import the presets manually 
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 428
    Yeah, same 
    Anyone else gone for a powered Kabinet? Ordered yesterday, DXR10 is up for sale :) 

https://shop.kempermusic.com/gb/kemper/profiler/80/kemper-power-kabinet
    edited April 2021
    PVO_Dave said:
    Anyone else gone for a powered Kabinet? Ordered yesterday, DXR10 is up for sale  

I'll wait for a 2nd hand one  The Kemper is still the best bit of studio equipment I've ever bought. It brings hassle-free low latency recording & reamping to the table, and the latest profiles just make it better. It's probably the only guitar tech that's still regularly updated almost a decade later.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6963
    Freebird said:
    PVO_Dave said:

I'll wait for a 2nd hand one  The Kemper is still the best bit of studio equipment I've ever bought. It brings hassle-free low latency recording & reamping to the table, and the latest profiles just make it better. It's probably the only guitar tech that's still regularly sold updated almost a decade later.
    Fixed that for you ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Freebird said:
    PVO_Dave said:

I'll wait for a 2nd hand one  The Kemper is still the best bit of studio equipment I've ever bought. It brings hassle-free low latency recording & reamping to the table, and the latest profiles just make it better. It's probably the only guitar tech that's still regularly sold updated almost a decade later.
    Fixed that for you ;)
    I think studio use is one of its strengths. I'd use a real amp for playing live   =)
  • stratologystratology Frets: 181
    Freebird said:
     It's probably the only guitar tech that's still regularly updated almost a decade later.
    If digital tech sounds good, it does not really matter how old it is. Case in point: old Lexicon delays and reverbs still sound fantastic, even though the technology is arguably completely outdated.
    edited April 2021
    Freebird said:
     It's probably the only guitar tech that's still regularly updated almost a decade later.
    If digital tech sounds good, it does not really matter how old it is. Case in point: old Lexicon delays and reverbs still sound fantastic, even though the technology is arguably completely outdated.
    Yeah, that's true, but Kemper is adding new functionality and the product is still evolving.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2021