The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stratologystratology Frets: 181
    Given how buggy and unstable some of the final releases have been in the past, I would not recommend installing a beta release...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    Given how buggy and unstable some of the final releases have been in the past, I would not recommend installing a beta release...
    It sounds good, an excellent new addition.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • stratologystratology Frets: 181
    Freebird said:

It sounds good, an excellent new addition.
    I'm curious - while I've heard ok simulations of 'smooth' fuzz, the sound of a fuzz that is 'crapping out' - that stuttering, gated kind of sound - has been notoriously hard to simulate digitally. Can the fuzz models do that?
    edited April 2021
    I'm curious - while I've heard ok simulations of 'smooth' fuzz, the sound of a fuzz that is 'crapping out' - that stuttering, gated kind of sound - has been notoriously hard to simulate digitally. Can the fuzz models do that?
    I just had a play around with the presets. Heres a video I found on YouTube..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 421
    The Kemper Fuzz can do some of that. Maybe not as much as the Fuzz Factory crazy type of spluttering/velcro but it is a great addition, that's for sure.
    edited April 2021

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    Just thought I'd drop in to say I am really in love with my Kemper -Took me a few months to get it dialed in as I wanted but the "eureka" moment was getting a great pair of open back headphones (Senneheiser HD660s) and getting the headphone space setting just right. Now it sounds absolutely brilliant through phones at night for practicing and through my monitors for general use. The next step for me will be the new powered Kemper Kab and the remote and it'll then be the ultimate all in one. 

Does it sound as good as my Shiva? No, but it's not far off. What it does do is sound almost as good and yet give me 500 times the tonal flexibility, effects without messing around with stompboxes and gives me the best headphone and recording sound I've ever had whilst significantly reducing the footprint and weight (a consideration when everything is sitting in a back bedroom!).  
    edited April 2021
    Adamski said:
    Just thought I'd drop in to say I am really in love with my Kemper -Took me a few months to get it dialed in as I wanted but the "eureka" moment was getting a great pair of open back headphones (Senneheiser HD660s) and getting the headphone space setting just right. Now it sounds absolutely brilliant through phones at night for practicing and through my monitors for general use. The next step for me will be the new powered Kemper Kab and the remote and it'll then be the ultimate all in one. 

Does it sound as good as my Shiva? No, but it's not far off. What it does do is sound almost as good and yet give me 500 times the tonal flexibility, effects without messing around with stompboxes and gives me the best headphone and recording sound I've ever had whilst significantly reducing the footprint and weight (a consideration when everything is sitting in a back bedroom!).  
    That's about it in a nutshell. Mine is permantly connected to the audio interface, and it's ready to record or reamp within seconds, and having hundreds of different amp profiles to choose from is the cherry on top. I don't view it as being an amp replacement either, as they can both happily coexist alongside one another.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2379
    My Kemper Power Kabinet arrived today, other than missing the UK kettle lead (one dispatched via UPS for me already) it's fantastic. 

Build quality is spot on, looks superb and the built in tilt stand is a brilliant idea. Also comes with a cover and a free Kemper t-shirt :D 

Only had a very quick try earlier, sounds superb, it might just be a placebo type effect, but the amp in the room feeling was very present.

PVO_Dave said:
    My Kemper Power Kabinet arrived today, other than missing the UK kettle lead (one dispatched via UPS for me already) it's fantastic. 

Build quality is spot on, looks superb and the built in tilt stand is a brilliant idea. Also comes with a cover and a free Kemper t-shirt :D 

Only had a very quick try earlier, sounds superb, it might just be a placebo type effect, but the amp in the room feeling was very present.

That looks fantastic! It’s next on my list for sure. Is it pretty light? 
    Adamski said:
    PVO_Dave said:
    That looks fantastic! It’s next on my list for sure. Is it pretty light? 
    It's not a featherweight or anything, but compared to the DXR10 it's replaced, it's pretty light :) 
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2236
    edited April 2021
    May be a stupid question, but is the Power Kabinet only for use with unpowered Kempers, or could you use it with other amp modellers (Iridium, etc.)?
  • allenallen Frets: 717
    May be a stupid question, but is the Power Kabinet only for use with unpowered Kempers, or could you use it with other amp modellers (Iridium, etc.)?
    You can, but it isn't recommended. It isn't FRFR out of the box, it's 'GRFR' which is guitar response. The electronics in the kemper make the frequency response different.

I did a sort of review of mine.

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2442
    Might be better off looking at the RedSound cabs. They're GrFr, like the Kemper cab.
    allen said:

I stumbled across this before you posted it and bizarrely it convinced my TO buy one, even though you didn’t seem that chuffed with it! Haha 
    Adamski said:
    allen said:

I stumbled across this before you posted it and bizarrely it convinced my TO buy one, even though you didn’t seem that chuffed with it! Haha 
    Happy to be an enabler.

I've been playing it a bit louder yesterday and it's much more convincing as an 'amp in the room' when it's louder - which is great!
    Got one on order! Can’t wait to pair it with the Kemper. 
    Looks like an iOS (or at least iPad) app coming soon…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO-virEK-Mg/?utm_medium=copy_link

• susbemolsusbemol Frets: 421
    It might be for the Stage only though as, apparently, it's the only model that has a WiFi module inside right now.