Clapton fans ...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11327
    His music up to about 1971 (with a small mid-80s inclusion for the Carl Perkins telly thing) was magnificent. But having read his autobiography I coulnd't escape the conclusion that he was a whiny individual.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8190
    thegummy said:

Recently I've been wanting to get into the Smiths but the things I hear morrissey has said put me off.
    It's the stuff he sings that puts me off.
    And I appreciate that I'm stretching the meaning of the word 'sings' to its very outer limits in saying that....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Hattigol said:
    thegummy said:

Recently I've been wanting to get into the Smiths but the things I hear morrissey has said put me off.
    It's the stuff he sings that puts me off.
    And I appreciate that I'm stretching the meaning of the word 'sings' to its very outer limits in saying that....
    I had always assumed the lyrics were all high school "no one understands me" stuff
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Another thing that's meant to be very influential from the same scene is the C86 compilation. I got it and it's total balls! So maybe I should stick to my instinct to avoid the Smiths
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    On any scale of utter bell endness Mauricey is the undisputed King
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited June 2018
    I guess now is not the time to state I’m a fan of Morrissey and the Smiths...

I like the music - I don’t care about the man. I swerve the songs I don’t like as I would with any artist.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom