Gibson SG in hot pink fade

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I actually rather like it ... 
    Putting the jack socket on the edge means a. you don't have to have a right angled jack to avoid bashing your hand on the jack plug if you do 'windmill right arm' (yes I do ... embarrassing, but there you go). Also, I have lost count of SGs with nasty cracks around the jack socket as it's normally just backed by fairly thin wood rather than a metal plate.
    Having two extra frets seems a good use of otherwise wasted space.
    The colour scheme ... I don't mind it. 
    The odd thing about that image is the humbuckers seem to have no mounting feet or height adjustment ... 

I think the humbuckers mount through the back. Needs a custom shape pickup for that though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    edited June 2018
    Socket on the side is probably the only good thing about it imho as it's a pita having it top mounted on an SG
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27156
    sweepy said:
    Socket on the side is probably the only good thing about it imho as it's a pita having it top mounted on an SG
    I actually really like top-mounts - they're easier to plug in when on a strap! SGs, Jags, JMs, ES-330s, etc
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2961
    Judging by the 'leaked' info on the 2019 range, they're dropping the unusual pickup mounting. If this requires a special pickup design, supply might prove to be short lived.
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    I’d like to see it with a 5 ply Batman scratch plate...it might actually look ok then. As it is...not really my cup of tea