Gibson SG in hot pink fade

What's Hot

Comments

• valevale Frets: 1052
    it looks like something left over from the spanish inquisition. new from gibson...'the double interrogator'!
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4190
    24 fret SG's are wrong, so very wrong

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    It reminds me of using a highlighter, when it’s running out. It just looks unfinished. 

I hate the non symmetrical paint job. 

Not for me. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12932
    If the whole thing was finished in the lighter pink it would be awesome.

As it is, I'm out. 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3637
    Hideous. 
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2962
    dazzajl said:
    I like it more than I like most SGs. Always thought it a bid odd that the the guitar that’s supposed to be the rebel and demon is actually the most conservative of all. 
    Who says it's supposed to be a 'rebel and demon'? It was designed to replace the failing Les Paul - which looked like your granddad designed it by the light of a gas lamp - and compete with the Stratocaster - which looked like it had come from the future. Gibson's previous effort, the Explorer, Flying V and Moderne in '58, hadn't done too well, so they chose a middle path with the SG. And it worked, and kept Gibson in the business of selling solid body guitars.

If the idea that it's supposed to be demonic comes from the horn shape - well, that's a bit like saying the 335 was supposed to be Walt Disney-ish because the horns look like Micky Mouse's ears!

As for these HPs, I think the fade is the wrong way around, it would look better with the horns coloured, and fading to dark at the rear of the guitar, like the old Lavaburst finish:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2962

sweepy said:
    24 fret SG's are wrong, so very wrong

Personally, I'd rather have two more frets than a little plastic tenon cover. Why they didn't have 24 frets from day one is a mystery to me, perhaps they just didn't think of it. "We're going to end up with a gap at the end of the fret board... I guess we can cover it with plastic."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1705
    i could live with it .

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2330
    If it was like a 60s pastel pink, I'd like it.....but that is gross. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12408
    Looks like an old red MG that’s in a driveway near me, the licked red smartie look.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1947
    Nothing a total refin wouldn't cure.
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Schnozz said:
    Jack_ said:
    Looks like it's on its period.
    +1 Oozes period IMO
    I couldn't afford it just yet, it's the wrong time of the month.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27160
    FWIW SG controls are never symmetrical. But normally they're attaching to a decent looking guitar with the socket on the front so noone notices. 

One you put the socket on the edge it makes the whole thing look really odd. Very strange design decisions.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10582
    tFB Trader
    I actually rather like it ... 
    Putting the jack socket on the edge means a. you don't have to have a right angled jack to avoid bashing your hand on the jack plug if you do 'windmill right arm' (yes I do ... embarrassing, but there you go). Also, I have lost count of SGs with nasty cracks around the jack socket as it's normally just backed by fairly thin wood rather than a metal plate.
    Having two extra frets seems a good use of otherwise wasted space.
    The colour scheme ... I don't mind it. 
    The odd thing about that image is the humbuckers seem to have no mounting feet or height adjustment ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12669
    Sorry but just no.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    I quite like the colour, although would have preferred it if the dark red had, er, bled around to the lower bout a bit more so the white/pink is framed slightly.

Not keen on the control positioning, though - they all look far too close together and not properly spaced/aligned.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10582
    tFB Trader
    Snags said:

Not keen on the control positioning, though - they all look far too close together and not properly spaced/aligned.

That appears to be conventional SG spacing ... whis both closer than LP and not regular (neither is a LP) ... it's just lack of the jack socket on the front makes it look different. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5863
    57Deluxe said:

Dessert Burst

B) 
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom