Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Gibson 2019 line up full details.. (ohh and a new case design)

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    For balance there’s a solid red coloured firebird that looks totally awesome. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1031
    Really like the JR and would happily try one out if the price is right. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10722
    edited July 2018
    ICBM said:

And when are they going to just accept that what everyone thinks of as a Les Paul Standard is actually the Traditional, and just drop the 'Standard' and call the Traditional that? 
    https://youtu.be/4xgx4k83zzc

0:38 

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    viz said:
    ICBM said:

And when are they going to just accept that what everyone thinks of as a Les Paul Standard is actually the Traditional, and just drop the 'Standard' and call the Traditional that? 
    https://youtu.be/4xgx4k83zzc

0:38 

I knew that was coming before I clicked on the link. Still made me laugh though..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    Forget the looks of that Junior.  It's got the horrible Slim Taper neck.  Seems to me like they are trying to force you to go Custom Shop to get a good one.
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4175
    p90fool said:
    Guys, let's put that hideous Scratchplate back on the S.G. I mean, we're struggling, so that's bound to help. Let's offer 2 colours though, just for choice, like.
    I've always preferred the batwing scratchplate on an SG, and it also means you can put P90s in it if Gibson forgot to. 
    :)
    +1

small guard is only better if the whole body is more the heavily contoured early 60’s style, which is never is
    +2
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5866
    p90fool said:
    Guys, let's put that hideous Scratchplate back on the S.G. I mean, we're struggling, so that's bound to help. Let's offer 2 colours though, just for choice, like.
    I've always preferred the batwing scratchplate on an SG, and it also means you can put P90s in it if Gibson forgot to. 
    :)
    Heathen :)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2171
    I like the new case. I get narked off honking around a coffin sized case. The high performance models look ridiculous. 
    All I want is a black les Paul custom that doesn't cost as much as a brand new Kia. And why can't they make a decent flying v....again one that doesn't cost a fortune.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10894
    Wildwood have listed some 2019 models on their website, $3.4k for a standard, $1.2k for a tribute

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product-category/electrics/gibson-usa/2019-gibson-usa-line/
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1347
    Ironically I think the case is the only thing they’ve got right...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6398
    No 330, 339, 175 hmmmm
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    I like the LP junior, I can live with the big scratchplate. Wish they’d do an SG junior at a budget price, I’d even accept a large scratchplate version.
  • Guitars aside, those cases look bloody awful :-(
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    crunchman said:
    Forget the looks of that Junior.  It's got the horrible Slim Taper neck.  Seems to me like they are trying to force you to go Custom Shop to get a good one.
    For those of us with smaller hands, the slim taper neck is brilliant. It’s possibly my fave neck profile
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    So one argument is that companies can't just keep selling the same old tat - they need to diversify and go with the times. But Gibson SPECIFICALLY caters for people who want to capture golden-age rock and roll instruments and are happy to pay for them. I really, REALLY don't understand why they keep going off the reservation.

Is any modern metal player thinking to themselves: oh sh**t I've got to get me one of them les pauls, they've got chrome pickup rings!
    My problem is the lack of pro features. Where are the simple refinements like bigger frets? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    edited August 2018
    jeztone2 said:
    So one argument is that companies can't just keep selling the same old tat - they need to diversify and go with the times. But Gibson SPECIFICALLY caters for people who want to capture golden-age rock and roll instruments and are happy to pay for them. I really, REALLY don't understand why they keep going off the reservation.

Is any modern metal player thinking to themselves: oh sh**t I've got to get me one of them les pauls, they've got chrome pickup rings!
    My problem is the lack of pro features. Where are the simple refinements like bigger frets? 
       Jumbo frets no nibs and a maple neck,  then i would consider buying one  . And it will still look like how a Les Paul should .
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11877
    roberty said:
    Wildwood have listed some 2019 models on their website, $3.4k for a standard, $1.2k for a tribute

https://wildwoodguitars.com/product-category/electrics/gibson-usa/2019-gibson-usa-line/
    Holy smeg, that's going to be £3k for a standard in the shops here...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11470
    daveyh said:
    crunchman said:
    For those of us with smaller hands, the slim taper neck is brilliant. It’s possibly my fave neck profile
    I've got the shortest fingers of ever seen on an adult male (apart from my Dad) and I don't like that profile.
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    roberty said:

Holy smeg, that's going to be £3k for a standard in the shops here...
    Hmmmm, yeah. I’d be interested in seeing the prices when they come out in £
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    Will anyone pay new-release retail on a Gibson these days knowing that they will likely be reduced in time for the next model year.