Tour De France 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3030
    edited July 2018

The excitement and expectation in Wales is massive; if he wins we will go mental. If he doesn’t, well, back to our default position ofso near but so far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• The excitement and expectation in Wales is massive; if he wins we will go mental. If he doesn’t, well, back to our default position on near but so far. 
    Here's hoping!

Image may contain one or more people

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2018
    Let’s hope  @littlegreenman ;;;;; Here in Snowdonia, road cyclists are everywhere; cycling has gone huge over the last few years due to the Tour. Geraint winning would be huge. And on a personal note, will hopefully teach more how to pronounce my first name correctly!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    edited July 2018
    G sprinting for bonus seconds after Primoz's epic descending was pretty good for me.

2:05 should be good enough but let's not forget the Dauphine, he could easily slide out again and fuck the whole thing up! Let's hope not, but he does still have to put in a very good ITT to take Yellow to Paris.

Not over 'til it's over...
    Whilst you’re right, losing 2 mins over 31km with his TT skills would take a really really bad day. 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    Let’s hope  @littlegreenman ;;;;; Here in Snowdonia, road cyclists are everywhere; cycling has gone huge over the last few years due to the Tour. Geraint winning would be huge. And on a personal note, will hopefully teach more how to pronounce my first name correctly!
    Or everybody will just call you G...

Don't forget his Cardiff teammate Luke Rowe and head honcho Dave Brailsford from Deiniolen!

https://i.imgur.com/t2tPiIQ.jpg
    edited July 2018
    Let’s hope  @littlegreenman ;;;;;; Here in Snowdonia, road cyclists are everywhere; cycling has gone huge over the last few years due to the Tour. Geraint winning would be huge. And on a personal note, will hopefully teach more how to pronounce my first name correctly!
    Or everybody will just call you G...

Don't forget his Cardiff teammate Luke Rowe and head honcho Dave Brailsford from Deiniolen!

https://i.imgur.com/t2tPiIQ.jpg
    Not a lot of folks realise he’s from Deiniolen and can speak Welsh; a colleague used to work with him in Gwynedd Council Highways and played five a side together. One day he just said he was leaving to give it a go with cycling in France; brave decision that payed off massively. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mi oedd o yn yr ysgol efo Malcolm Allen, ac mae ei fam dal yn byw yn Mhenisarwaun!
  • Mi oedd o yn yr ysgol efo Malcolm Allen, ac mae ei fam dal yn byw yn Mhenisarwaun!
    Yn wir! Titw Tomos, Titw Titw Tomos, Titw Tomos Las :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    The Paris stage is, by tradition, a procession behind the leader. We all know this. 

Sadly, I think Froome is enough of a knob that he might still decide to attack 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No way. I’ve never been Froome’s biggest fan but the way he’s supported Geraint once he knew his own chances of victory had gone deserves respect. The best teammate Geraint could have. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14281
    tFB Trader
    Remember that G is British with a Welsh accent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Murray is Scottish

Big difference !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nearly there now for G - big advantage in going last - He can sit and track and with team updates can ride accordingly - So looking forward to this 
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1773
    A Grand Depart through Wales one year would be brilliant. It had a great (and lasting) impact here in Yorkshire.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • The Paris stage is, by tradition, a procession behind the leader. We all know this. 

Sadly, I think Froome is enough of a knob that he might still decide to attack 
    Not going to happen. Froomey will of course go all in on the ITT to try and get a podium place as will everyone near the GC, but attacking in Paris is for the sprinters.

Hinault v's LeMond is unlikely to be repeated this year.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • Remember that G is British with a Welsh accent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andy Murray is Scottish

Nearly there now for G - big advantage in going last - He can sit and track and with team updates can ride accordingly - So looking forward to  
    Both have represented UK in the olympics, one has an OBE and the other an MBE; what’s the big difference out of interest? 

He’s not representing any country on Le Tour just his team, so he is free to be as Welsh as he wants. Let’s see what flag he reaches for, IF he wins. 

tFB Trader

Andy Murray is Scottish

Nearly there now for G - big advantage in going last - He can sit and track and with team updates can ride accordingly - So looking forward to  
    Both have represented UK in the olympics, one has an OBE and the other an MBE; what’s the big difference out of interest? 

I like G - I don't like Andy oneiota
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    I am going to be gutted if Geraint doesn't win now. 
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    Ideally it will be dry course, with no rain. I think as long as he stays upright it's in the bag. 
    edited July 2018

Andy Murray is Scottish

Fair enough. 

Excited and nervous. He’s got to win this. 
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader

Andy Murray is Scottish

Fair enough. 

Excited and nervous. He’s got to win this. 
    agree about nerves and excitement - hope it is not raining - was a threat of it  - He will know what he has to do, going last and the 3/4 head of him will still be on the course, so he'll get update and a +/- gap etc  - Wishing him all the best

And what about the young Columbian lad helping them out so much (Bernal Gomez) - looks like he might be a future star
    It’s been raining in Biarritz...