Tour De France 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• Yep, rain's a gonna fall!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14281
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader
    Total praise to Peter Sagan for the guts he showed yesterday - glad he made it and hope he gets to Paris - The guts of some of these guys inc Gilbert - can you imagine Neymar on a bike for 3 weeks with only 2 days of
  • Total praise to Peter Sagan for the guts he showed yesterday - glad he made it and hope he gets to Paris - The guts of some of these guys inc Gilbert - can you imagine Neymar on a bike for 3 weeks with only 2 days of
    Not to mention Lawson Craddock, riding most of the Tour with a fractured shoulder!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11452
    It’s been raining in Biarritz... 
    They were saying at the end of the highlights show yesterday that it isn't a technical course in terms of corners etc.  Quite lumpy though - quite a few hills.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    The question now is whether G can get his third stage win in this TT: he’s been the strongest rider on the climbs and is more rested than anyone else.

Also can Roglic overhaul Dumoulin, who looks rather tired by comparison.
  • mixolyd said:
    The question now is whether G can get his third stage win in this TT: he’s been the strongest rider on the climbs and is more rested than anyone else.

Also can Roglic overhaul Dumoulin, who looks rather tired by comparison.
    According to Sky's DS Nico Portal Geraint won't be taking any risks today, but going last and knowing exactly how Roglic and Dumoulin are doing ahead on the road who can say?

Will Froomey go all in to try and get back on the podium? I wouldn't bet against it.
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 308
    G starts last, so if the weather is a bit dodgy all he has to do is a measured ride knowing the time of Dumoulin who goes out two minutes ahead of him.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Jaycee said:
    G starts last, so if the weather is a bit dodgy all he has to do is a measured ride knowing the time of Dumoulin who goes out two minutes ahead of him.
    It's not that easy though, on paper Dumoulin is a better time trialler, as is Froome. Fingers crossed.
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 308
    axisus said:
    Jaycee said:
    It's not that easy though, on paper Dumoulin is a better time trialler, as is Froome. Fingers crossed.
    Yup, I agree but not Two minutes faster over that type of course...... I hope 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9637
    The Grand Tours are littered with stories of the jersey wearer (jaune, rosa, rojo) riding a better time trial than expected. Even tiny little climbers have punched above their weight to hold on to the jersey. Geraint comes from a track pursuit background and beat Alex Dowsett for the UK title a month ago. Also, Brian Smith on Eurosport yesterday noted that Dumoulin is very strong in TTs in the first or second week of a Grand Tour, but is often disappointing in the third.

I’m not Froome’s biggest fan, but I’d like to see him win today. Consolation for stepping up to support Geraint as soon as he knew he couldn’t win himself.
  • Froomey away!
  • Here we go!

Goosebumps...
  • Bloody hell! Careful on those corners G!!!
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3030
    edited July 2018
    He’s flying
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Froome has looked weak at altitude the last few days, maybe his fatigue is only really affecting him in the thin air.

Little back wheel slip for G isn’t much to worry about.  Like David Millar says it’s the front wheel slips that can be terrifying.
    edited July 2018
    No, ignore that - Geraint for another stage win!
  • Fucking get in!!!!!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A lot of emotion in the post race scenes, he can let it all out now. Yes Geraint, you really have won the Tour de France!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Still needs to not fall off or something else daft though.

Champagne is on ice for the Champs demain :)