Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28200
    The building will stay, the contents will come with us and go into a garage or a new dedicated workshop depending on where we end up.

Lady BMcH and I are both keen to have neighbours who are further away.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12365
    Sporky said:

Lady BMcH and I are both keen to have neighbours who are further away.
    Same as us. Our neighbours are nice people, but they’ve got a 15 year old daughter who apparently can only shout rather than talk and has just started having parties that would put a Motörhead gig to shame, volumewise.  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28200
    Our immediate neighbours are fine, but there's a family across the street who regularly have people trying to break their door down or sitting outside revving their engines and beeping the horn because they're too lazy to get out and ring the bell...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I've been saddened (I know, grow a spine) by all the vitriol in recent political threads so I thought that bumping up this smiley happy thread (the antidote to the perpetual grumble/rant thread in BCD) was overdue. It's been neglected for ten months which surely doesn't mean that nothing good (other than new gear) has happened to anyone in that time? Just forgotten I suspect.

Fifteen months ago @clare_bear herself made a brief return and hoped to get back into guitar playing so hopefully that worked out.

Assuming it's not all gloom and doom everywhere (heaven forbid) it would be good to see this thread continued with more tales to bring a smile and remind us what's good about life. For my part, I live with the loveliest woman on the planet so every day is good :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    yesterday was the 21st anniversary of the neurosurgery that saved my life, that is certainly something to be very happy about, and yes I am smiling :) ...
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    After a shitty week riddled with depression and anxiety that finished with having to give one of my team a shitty review and notice of being put on observation, I am actually starting to feel a little better.

I finished two pedal builds yesterday (my first in at least 3 years), we're going to see family in the UK in 2 weeks, followed by a few days in Rome to relax with MrsF, where I will be eating my bodyweight in gluten free pizza. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Jimbro66 said:

Fifteen months ago @clare_bear herself made a brief return and hoped to get back into guitar playing so hopefully that worked out.

So lovely to see this thread still going - and being used for it's original purpose of spreading positivity.

Yes, I have been playing my guitar again - thanks for asking
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Nice to hear from you @clare_bear , I hope you and yours are all well.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    Nice to hear from you @clare_bear , I hope you and yours are all well.

Thank you @Nitefly . All good thanks. Hope all is good with you. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12360
    My wife keeps notes of comments from my autistic son that make us laugh (of which there are many) she found one yesterday where he didn't want to go to school one morning and so dragged himself into the room by his finger tips and said he couldn't go to school as his spine had 'fallen out during the night.'

It was nearly good enough.... 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I logged onto my uni a day early, from a cave in Wales (user error when I booked my holiday) and found that I've passed the MSc I've been grafting at for a couple of years.  This has made me... I can't even remember what this emotion is...
    I'm super-realistic about it, I know an MSc is not pushing back the frontiers of science but it's a thing to me.
    Condensing a long story:  my strengths are qualitative but somehow I ended doing quantitative lab-based work.
    Love/Hate.
    I'd never have gone this way except because of the long story.  But I'm glad that I did.
    It's a bit like today:  Wales is feckin' weird:  one minute you're in a coffee shop in Abergavenny then you're in the middle of nowhere looking for a waterfall.  Waterfalls are "down" I went "up" and ended up on top of Pen-y-Fen. 
    So I'll ache tomorrow. 
    TLDR:  I passed something that wasn't a poo; don't follow me if you need to get anywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    Grunfeld said:
    I logged onto my uni a day early, from a cave in Wales (user error when I booked my holiday) and found that I've passed the MSc I've been grafting at for a couple of years.  This has made me... I can't even remember what this emotion is...
    I'm super-realistic about it, I know an MSc is not pushing back the frontiers of science but it's a thing to me.
    Condensing a long story:  my strengths are qualitative but somehow I ended doing quantitative lab-based work.
    Love/Hate.
    I'd never have gone this way except because of the long story.  But I'm glad that I did.
    It's a bit like today:  Wales is feckin' weird:  one minute you're in a coffee shop in Abergavenny then you're in the middle of nowhere looking for a waterfall.  Waterfalls are "down" I went "up" and ended up on top of Pen-y-Fen. 
    So I'll ache tomorrow. 
    TLDR:  I passed something that wasn't a poo; don't follow me if you need to get anywhere.

Yay! Some good news! Congrats!!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Congrats @Grunfeld. A fitting reward for all that graft and something to be really proud of.
  • 479 unread posts! Anyway, congrats to @Grunfeld :bleep_bloop: 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited September 2019
    479 unread posts! ..........
    A very worthwhile read as antidote to all the political squabbling poisoning this forum
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    @Grunfeld that is fantastic news indeed - well done matey!

• I completed Inktober.

Got to drag out some techniques I've not use in years, and learned some new stuff.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12360
    Tonight is my last night of stoptober haven’t had a drink since 19th September. 

I have found it fine. Missus Munckee not so much!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    I completed Inktober.

Got to drag out some techniques I've not use in years, and learned some new stuff.
    @snakemanStoo I only found out about that this morning -- way too late to join in but it's right up my street.  Well done and I hope it was fun.

@munckee nice one!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    edited April 2021
    Bumping this because a) we all need a bit of positivity right now, and b) I just finished a massive project that's taken the last 2.5 years, and was the first thing I was put in fully charge of after my last promotion. Huge milestone and an even bigger relief to have it off my plate. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom