Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    Sporky said:
    Thread resurrection!

This week was pretty good. 

Been told were getting orders for two chunky and interesting jobs I designed; one is an events sound & light system for a sports/multifunction hall, the other is a corporate HQ but with three LED walls and eight subwoofers in one room, which should be at least mildly impressive. 

Also I've mostly got the hang of working with arrays in Visual Basic. Yay me etc. 
    Congrats.

My smiley today is while out for a run this morning I was part of a group of random passers by who stopped all the traffic on a main road to allow two swans and their many offspring cross to a river without getting squashed.

Happy to report nobody suffered a broken arm in the process.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    @Sporky very happy to see this thread brought back!

I helped my son to learn to ride a bike this week. We had tried a while back and it didn't go so well, but this time he picked it up brilliantly and really loves riding. Within 3 sessions he had the hang of it and he's been out riding every day having fun with his older sister.

I'd say it's the "peak dad" experience. You feel so proud.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28370
    There had been a few comments about the place being/becoming a bit negative. I figured restarting CB's brilliant thread could help balance things out.

Also I like boasting. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    This morning I got my favourite writing thing, Scrivener, up and running on the Linux laptop.  I wasn't fully confident cos Scrivener is supposed to be Windows and Mac only so I was following someone's work around and I'm not a geek, just someone who wants to make the transition from Windows.  Anyway, it works!  So that's it, I don't think need Microsoft for anything any more, so that W10 laptop could die now and I should be okay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    DB1 said:
    My 15 week old grandson trying to say 'good morning' back with a great big smile on his lovely happy face.  <3
    Time flies! My 20 month (today) grandson rubbing noses with Mrs DB1 and giggling away to himself.

Call me Dave.
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    I had good news from my hospital appointment this morning. 
    A great day!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3012
    BlueStrat said:
    I had good news from my hospital appointment this morning. 
    A great day!
    Well done @BlueStrat! ;
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27094
    Nice one Sporks (thread bump and work stuff equally!) 

I have a new job which is going ok so far, and two months in I’m now on holiday for 3 weeks. Just touched down on a sunny day in Seattle :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Nice one sonny jim, and great to see the memory of CB living on in this awesome thread!

i someetimes wonder whether she still browses tFB - if so, hello CB!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 335
    yesterday I became sixty seven years of age.
     my age is something I cherish and hopefully will continue to do so for some considerable time although whether it brings me wisdom is something I joyfully ask myself everyday as some bits of me creak with overuse but others just sag with indifference.
    I do however remain confident that I will continue to make progress if I apply myself with some diligence and a splash of good humour ...
    I am an embodiment of contradictions and most definitely still a work in progress but hopefully a little care and compassion and a sprinkling of good manners has made my company bearable, if not particularly exciting, for those who have shared it.
    Ambition is forged on a daily basis as I go about the routines which form the structure of my life and I am in good health, all things considered, and intend to continue to be so for some considerable time.
    and by the way I still play a mean guitar, if you like that sort of thing ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    After a couple of full-on and fairly draining months I'm now chilling out, lapping up the wall-to-wall sunshine and taking relaxing bike rides on the Ile de Ré. Lovely.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3012

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    While waking up and not getting back to sleep at 5.30am isn’t ideal preparation I am very excited as my band is playing a festival later today for (hopefully) a thousand or so folks
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    rsvmark said:
    While waking up and not getting back to sleep at 5.30am isn’t ideal preparation I am very excited as my band is playing a festival later today for (hopefully) a thousand or so folks
    Best of luck on that one, and lovely weather too :)
    rsvmark said:

Nice one! My daughter’s playing the main stage at Cambridge’s Strawberry Fair later - can’t wait! :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Ooooo and then they turned up on the evening news, which was unexpected and nice :)

IMG_2459.jpeg 339.1K
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 293
    edited June 2023
    Proud Dad moment on t'other side of the world.
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 293
    edited June 2023

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1851
    I'm sat in the sun outside The Boot in Weymouth  listening to American Girl and Running Down a Dream.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited June 2023
    It's been a little overcast and cooler here this morning which is nice  :)

Going to get hot again this afternoon though by the looks of it!