Paul Macca - Playing at the Cavern Today - Free

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14469
edited July 2018 in Guitar tFB Trader
Just announced - Paul is playing today at The Cavern  - 2pm - Free tickets - first come first served
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12686
    Wow... that would be worth seeing.

TBH - his new single is the best thing he's done in *years*.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12085
    impmann said:

Yes probably best since "Young Boy"
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14469
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:

hopefully we'll get to see some video clips of this, in some form or another shortly after
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Is it still pay to play, there?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    usedtobe said:
    I reckon he can afford it....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    usedtobe said:
    I reckon he can afford it....
    he might even get a discount - old mates rate
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1327
    if someone down liverpool can get me a ticket £80 cash in hand ill drive down long shot i know

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8198
    mark123 said:
    if someone down liverpool can get me a ticket £80 cash in hand ill drive down long shot i know

I think you missed at least one '0' off the end of that, buddy....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    ha !
    supposedly named on ticket and checked at door  so at £80 its a risk but not worth a £800 big risk
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12452
    I must be in a tiny minority of possibly one who wouldn't go and see it if it was next door, most disappointing artist I have ever seen live, loved the beatles, not Mccartney though thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    munckee said:
    I must be in a tiny minority of possibly one who wouldn't go and see it if it was next door, most disappointing artist I have ever seen live, loved the beatles, not Mccartney though thanks.
    Nor me. He was brilliant. In the 60s and 70s a musical genius. 80s and 90s still brilliant. Since then? No ta
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    interesting what was your dissapointment ?his vocals? guitar? song choice?Whole band?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    mark123 said:
    munckee said:
    interesting what was your dissapointment ?his vocals? guitar? song choice?Whole band?
    His voice has been getting worse for some years now.. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12452
    Saw him at glastonbury and he was bored rigid and playing wings songs (he has every right of course!) until the cameras started rolling and then he was mister fun.  I didn't think he voice was great or his choice of songs.  Luckily we gave up and went to another stage before his 3 hour version of hey jude.  He seemed so far away from the beatles it was like watching your uncle performing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    Nor me. He was brilliant. In the 60s and 70s a musical genius. 80s and 90s still brilliant. Since then? No ta
    I've not brought a Macca album since I was 16 - Silly Love Songs and that alone might tell you why I never purchased another one - Yes he is getting older and yes his voice has gone a bit - But it is Macca at the Cavern Club !!!! - That is sheer history and I bet he'll play just a few Beatles Songs and probably early covers from the original era, with little else, other than maybe a new single - The history and occasion for me is what it is about - Not sure if/when he ever played there again

Yes he keeps playing Hey bloody Jude, but the audience love it - Thought the clip of him at Hyde Park with Bruce was brilliant and shows 2 legends just enjoying them selves - Surely what it is all about
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    munckee said:
    I've not brought a Macca album since I was 16 - Silly Love Songs and that alone might tell you why I never purchased another one - Yes he is getting older and yes his voice has gone a bit - But it is Macca at the Cavern Club !!!! - That is sheer history and I bet he'll play just a few Beatles Songs and probably early covers from the original era, with little else, other than maybe a new single - The history and occasion for me is what it is about - Not sure if/when he ever played there again

Yes he keeps playing Hey bloody Jude, but the audience love it - Thought the clip of him at Hyde Park with Bruce was brilliant and shows 2 legends just enjoying them selves - Surely what it is all about
    Bruce Forsyth? I wish I’d seen that!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24852
    guitars4you said:
    With you all the way Mark - I’d give my left plum to see the surviving half of Lennon & McCartney play in a venue like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Thought the clip of him at Hyde Park with Bruce was brilliant and shows 2 legends just enjoying them selves - Surely what it is all about

I was there for that, it was fantastic...well until they pulled the plug!

Would love to see Macca at The Cavern, it's not really about him now is it, it's a massive nostalgia trip...although this is of course him plugging his new stuff and an easy way to get a lot of publicity which is something he's a master at.

I remember watching the broadcast of the "Run Devil Run" gig he played there, must have been utterly fantastic to be in the room, as I'm sure today was as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12686
    munckee said:

This.

I saw him last about 20 years ago at a private gig as the warm up for a tour... there was only about 500 of us, and he was bloody fantastic.

All this about his voice - ffs, he isn't 25 any more. I hope I can sing half as well when I'm that age. I can't sing that well now...

I'd love to be there, but it ain't gonna happen.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom