Waste of money

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    merlin said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Fast fret is good.

Place a lint-free cloth under the strings, spray a small amount of WD40 on the cloth under the strings. Rub the length of the fretboard, making sure both top and bottom of the strings are WD40'd. Try not to get it on the fretboard, although if you do, no big deal, just wipe off.

Remove cloth.

Save yourself lots of money. WD40 comes in 100ml cans and you'll get LOTS of applications out of one. And it fits neatly in your guitar case. 
    WD40?? The stuff in the blue tin with the red straw that I use on my bike chain?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    clarkefan said:
    merlin said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Fast fret is good.

Place a lint-free cloth under the strings, spray a small amount of WD40 on the cloth under the strings. Rub the length of the fretboard, making sure both top and bottom of the strings are WD40'd. Try not to get it on the fretboard, although if you do, no big deal, just wipe off.

Remove cloth.

Save yourself lots of money. WD40 comes in 100ml cans and you'll get LOTS of applications out of one. And it fits neatly in your guitar case. 
    WD40?? The stuff in the blue tin with the red straw that I use on my bike chain?

OMG

Never use WD40 on a bike chain, unless it is purely to remove water after washing it.

WD40 will not provide suitable protection.

I suggest washing/degreasing the chain, spray with WD40 (Or GT85, much better), apply a "dry lube" then apply a "wet lube".

The WD40 gets rid of the water, the dry lube provides lubrication and the wet lube provides protection against the elements, and gives a bit of lubrication as well!

Who said I was anally retentive when it came to bikes eh?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3623
    clarkefan said:
    merlin said:
    SNAKEBITE said:

Fast fret is good.

Remove cloth.

The same.

I'd never use it on my guitars - can't stand the smell!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom