Which basic guitar design do you most associate with?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
Not a specific guitar, but which basic guitar design are you most comfortable with? eg Strat, Tele, LP, Super strat, other ....

For me it is the strat. I think that I've been a bit in denial over the years, but I always seem to come back to them. 

Many of my favourite players seem to use them, probably my favourite recorded sounds are made on them, in hand they are most comfortable for me and I like the inbetween sounds a lot. I do really like high gain humbucker sounds, but I have realised that overall I'm more comfortable with the humble strat.

So far the poll is Strat-1 everything else-0

So, which one???

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27182
    Purely due to familiarity borne out of hundreds of rehearsals and gigs and sessions it's the CS-336. The perfect blend of LP and 335 sounds, light as a feather and super comfortable. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Telecaster for me. It just feels (and sounds) like home. 

The Clash, LED Zeppelin, Springsteen, Rage Against The Machine, Status Quo, Jeff Buckley... 
    The ultimate workhorse. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7063
    tFB Trader
    Double-cut Les Paul Junior or Special. 
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4942
    Rickenbacker Bass - put me in a room of 100 instruments and that's the one I'll go for.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Tele or 335 for me. Either one feels like coming home
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10605
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    I have very split loyalties: my go to instrument through most of the years of playing has been a Telecaster, yet I know I actually get challenged and play more creatively on a Gibson scale length, either a LP or a Flying V. I can pilot a Tele on auto ... I have to think on a LP ... and sometimes that can be good.
    So pushed ... a Les Paul Special single cut ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Les Paul for me, I have a couple of Strats but I always end up playing one of my LP's. I have to play the standard standing up though, it just doesn't sit well in the lap it slides all over the place but my gold top stays put when sat, it's just anchored and is a joy to play sitting or standing, it's my favourite guitar and at £400 was my Best Buy to date. I've just got to pull my finger out and fit all the upgrades, it'll be a blinder of a guitar then.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • vizviz Frets: 10719
    Superstrat
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033

I always end up with a Strat...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    I used to think Strat but since getting my first SG have to say I think I've found 'it'.
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    I find I really play my LP more intensely. The bridge sits perfectly for muting and this helps my rhythm and gives me more control than other guitars, therefore I'm more adventurous with it. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4161
    edited August 2018
    Not sure I have one! That said, the shape I most regularly connect with is an SG; there’s something aboht that design that just feels “right” when I pick one up. Funnily enough, I’ve only owned one so far, and that was an all-original ‘62 Jr 

*edit* I’m going to fold similar-ish designs into this: LP D/C Jr/Specials, PRS Standard/Customs... anything thin, light, vibrant, and set-neck with a bit of neck & headstock angle coming into play. Big necks and punchy pickups are a plus.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2202
    edited August 2018
    A Strat - (no surprises there ), but with a humbucker in the bridge position.

It's not a competition.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Jazzmaster/Jaguar
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72563
    Rickenbacker. Mostly the 300-series semi-hollows, but also the smaller solid ones and the 4000-series basses too. There’s just something about the geometry, the feel and the sound of them that fits me perfectly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @HarrySeven a Strat? Given your reputation for owning every weird and wonderful guitar on the planet I'm surprised at this answer! Or has your role as proprietor of the (ware)house of magical musical creations informed your choice - because Strats just work.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9733
    If you'd asked a few months back it would have been a Tele. Always owned Teles due to Quo, Wilko, Springsteen, etc., and never really fancied anything else. However, I did buy a Strat on a whim and now realise it has more to offer than a Tele so my vote is for a Stratocaster.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Strat for me
    Les Paul is a very close second as I grew up listening to Aerosmith and GNR.  But honestly, Strat just pips it
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Jazzmaster/Jaguar/XII guitar-wise.
    For bass, Rickenbacker 4001.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Fender Telecaster, without question.