Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26647
    edited March 2020
    tekbow said:

Fretwired said:
    tekbow said:
    Just watched ep.9

Loved it, but HEAVY borrowing from Mass Effect as I suspected. IMO YMMV

My only complaint was not enough Seven of Nine .. :-)

Who bets Soong is in fact Lore ... hence the evil synth?
    Not convinced, he's done a great job of fake aging himself if so
    He'd have just created a new body for himself, based on the work that Soong did in creating a body to transfer his wife's consciousness into. That's already been telegraphed - he came out and said, "I'm the body man" (or something like that).

Lore being at the core of the synths' colony would definitely fit with the...lore - the idea of androids and/or synths taking over appealed to him as far back as Descent.

Just to add to it, I'm 99% sure that Noonian Soong didn't have any children beyond the cybernetic.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited March 2020
    Quite liked the final episode - more like TNG of old with a revitalised and more upbeat and positive Picard. Good to see Riker on the bridge of a star ship leading the fleet and threatening to kick Romulan butt. Good to see and have closure on Data. And good to see Seven has joined Picard's gang for series 2 - is Raffi going to be Seven's love interest?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
     is Raffi going to be Seven's love interest?

Judgling by the final scene, she already is!

Agreed it was a good end to season 1, and a nice final farewell to Lt. Comm. Data. No tears shed here at all, honest! ;)

Not sure where they'll take it for season 2 but I'm all in to find out...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5776
    Series two kicks off this week, that’s really snuck up. Two Trek series on at the same time, it’s been a long while since we’ve had that. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11796
    dazzajl said:
    Series two kicks off this week, that’s really snuck up. Two Trek series on at the same time, it’s been a long while since we’ve had that. 
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to it.  I bought S4 of Disco on Amazon Prime because it was £20 and it's my Trek!

I mean what's £20 anyhow, like a sixth of a Harley Benton?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
     I bought S4 of Disco on Amazon Prime because it was £20 and it's my Trek!
    Ooooh - how did you do that ?  I couldn't find it !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
     I bought S4 of Disco on Amazon Prime because it was £20 and it's my Trek!
    Ooooh - how did you do that ?  I couldn't find it !

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Anomaly/dp/B09MMB7G3L/ref=sr_1_1?crid=10YT8NTFTY30Y&amp;keywords=discovery+season+4&amp;qid=1646153973&amp;s=instant-video&amp;sprefix=discovery+seas,instant-video,68&amp;sr=1-1

That link work?
    dazzajl said:
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to it.  I bought S4 of Disco on Amazon Prime because it was £20 and it's my Trek!

I bought series one the other day, because I missed knowing it was all there on Netflix.  :3
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Awesome !!!!! =)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

I bought series one the other day, because I missed knowing it was all there on Netflix.  :3

Heck, if there was ever a time we needed Starfleet, it's now!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27126
    dazzajl said:
    dazzajl said:

Heck, if there was ever a time we needed Starfleet, it's now!
    Honestly we’re on track for creating the ST timeline. The only issue is that first half of the 21st century would be inequality, riots, and nuclear war. But our kids and grandkids might get to meet Vulcans… 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • OK, just watching the first episode of season 3. Just the first five minutes are better than everything so far.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Well Ep1 was the first episode of Picard that felt like Star Trek. if they can keep this up they'll have made up for seasons 1 & 2... 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24423
    Bah.

It's not on Prime until tomorrow.
  • As for plot, are they finally going to tie up the loose end of the worm thing from Conspiracy?!?!
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1862
    Great way to start the day. I liked that a lot.
    Not even sure what to make of that. Seems from “part 1” that we’re getting a huge, unapologetically retro, misty eyed rollercoaster through all of Treks past. And in the best Trek traditions, both probable outcomes and likely consequences are binned off for the sake of joining the story line dots. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26647
    edited February 2023
    dazzajl said:
    Not even sure what to make of that. Seems from “part 1” that we’re getting a huge, unapologetically retro, misty eyed rollercoaster through all of Treks past. And in the best Trek traditions, both probable outcomes and likely consequences are binned off for the sake of joining the story line dots. 
    Have faith. Everybody who's seen the first six episodes reckons this is a return to TNG/DS9/Voyager-style Trek, with proper writing that actually pays attention to characters rather than whining about feelings from generic cutouts. Everything I've seen so far corroborates that.
    <space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27126
    edited February 2023
    dazzajl said:
    Have faith. Everybody who's seen the first six episodes reckons this is a return to TNG/DS9/Voyager-style Trek, with proper writing that actually pays attention to characters rather than whining about feelings from generic cutouts. Everything I've seen so far corroborates that.
    Same. I'm somewhat nervous that the reviewers have only been given the first 6 eps, but so far 3/1 is the best thing with JLP since First Contact by lightyears, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 
    dazzajl said:
    I’m so Trek that my white blood cells probably look like little Enterpirses. Not the fat one of course, no one wants that. 

I’ve found more than enough to enjoy in every single incarnation we’ve had and I’ll be very happy if they span this one out until Patrick is 127. If only to see how they manage to keep shoehorning Brent into each new series. I’ve really liked Picard not being “a trek series” and looking at that universe from a new angle, we’ve got two other series of folks in Starfleet uniforms rushing around the galaxy, boldly going. (Three with the brilliant Lower Decks) But if what we get now is a rollercoaster of old faces, memories and those gorgeous scores again, I’m buckled up with popcorn at the ready.