5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11755
    Sorry @mrkb, I keep writing you out of drumming history!

Here we go with Champagne Supernova with @mrkb @darthed1981 @bridgehouse and me.

That is the most serious I've ever looked!

I was actually really enjoying myself! :)
    Mr @darthed1981 - that song, at that gig was the best I’ve heard you play. You nailed it and you made me very happy - that performance alone made all the Jam organising worth it for me - watching you go from beginner to proper gig player has been a pleasure. 
    Thanks mate, been a pleasure to play alongside you lovely talented bunch :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• How did the acoustic part go?
    Strummy stuff, fingerpickin' stuff, most of it was one person playing & singing. James did one song while I backed him on guitar, it was something we cobbled together during the afternoon. Most of it was OK to listen to but I did a song on my own in totally the wrong key ...
    I thought your bits were great!
    You're too kind :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good singing on champagne supernova!
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Good singing on champagne supernova!
    Bass playing was ropey as f*ck tho!
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Good singing on champagne supernova!
    Very kind sir!
  • It was all good! :)
  • When do I get my Tom Petty impersonation? :)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    Dear heavens no, I'm still wincing about the awful 'solo'. A fine lesson in actually being prepared, that ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Snags said:
    Dear heavens no, I'm still wincing about the awful 'solo'. A fine lesson in actually being prepared, that ...
    That was ace man! One of the punters collared me after and said we had him down perfectly. 

He was barely able to stand though...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Better than Guns N' Roses live in Madrid...
    Snags said:
    That was ace man! One of the punters collared me after and said we had him down perfectly. 

He wasn’t the only one!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6812
    Snags said:

Was that the dude who claimed to be a drummer! He could hardly speak, he was well hammered!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Snags said:

Was that the dude who claimed to be a drummer! He could hardly speak, he was well hammered!
    He asked for a go on the drums and we said

”oh, sorry.. no sticks”

Ten mins later he was seen going round the club asking if anyone had drum sticks :D
  • mrkb said:
    Snags said:

That's the one! Had a very keen ear obviously. Said my vocals on Power of Love were one of a kind... but that's only coz he couldn't pronounce "fucking awful"

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5370
    Yeah. I think I'm going to be trusting my self-assessment on this one.
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    Alnico said:
    Blackjack said:
    Do you happen to have one of Comfortably Numb? Such an epic song!! 
    Aye.  There's two versions of this, this is the first one we did, in the studio.

@Bridgehouse, @Alnico @Snags @mrkb ;

Wow.

That was an experience watching that video.
    There's a lot I can take away from it although I'll agree, it's not a bad attempt for the first time above home volume and in a band since 2015.

I've clearly got the strap too long and the guitar too low. I hadn't practiced standing up so that caught me out.
    My guitar sounds like it wasn't quite in tune. I need a much better tuner.
    My string bending is flat. Need to practice that at volume, not quietly or acoustically.
    I need to "Chunk" that 2nd solo up into pieces I can remember properly and remember how it fits together. I lost track of it halfway through and just tried to wing it in Bm. Although that's always possible, I would have liked to have followed the actual song a bit more closely there.
    I chose to only play the solos on the day and it sounds ok but probably could have sounded better if I'd switched to a clean patch and just quietly backed Martin up with some chords or triads or whatever.

But all that said it wasn't the car crash I'd remembered and I'm pleased I tried.
    It'll be better and tighter next time.

Massive thank you to those in the room with me for giving me the chance to attempt that song live. It was a huge rush and if we can try it again next time, I'd love that.

Wow.
    I thought it was great - well played! Everyone!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11755
    mrkb said:
    Snags said:

That's the one! Had a very keen ear obviously. Said my vocals on Power of Love were one of a kind... but that's only coz he couldn't pronounce "fucking awful"
    I thought they sounded good, your enjoyment of the song was really coming through.

Considering how you put it together on the day, the gig setlist was a great balance of tastes.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited August 2018
    That "Power of Love" at the gig was the first time we'd ever actually played that! What with @Legionreturns being one handed, @sticker filled in on bass and we played as a trio. Good fun all round.
  • That "Power of Love" at the gig was the first time we'd ever actually played that! What with @Legionreturns being one handed, @sticker filled in on bass and we played as a trio. Good fun all round.
    I enjoyed it immensely! Great fun even if it completely wrecked my throat for the rest of the weekend haha 

That "Power of Love" at the gig was the first time we'd ever actually played that! What with @Legionreturns being one handed, @sticker filled in on bass and we played as a trio. Good fun all round.
    I enjoyed it immensely! Great fun even if it completely wrecked my throat for the rest of the weekend haha 
    I wonder if @Legionreturns has any other guilty pleasures he wants us to do?