5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12366
    pmbomb said:

edit: was looking for tips by actually it's way off topic - I'll ask on the playing forum ta.
    @mctoot whats that funny thing you have with not enough strings? : )
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    munckee said:
    pmbomb said:

edit: was looking for tips by actually it's way off topic - I'll ask on the playing forum ta.
    @mctoot whats that funny thing you have with not enough strings? : )
    Not 100% sure. I was given it 5 minutes before the song and they said:

"Here - it's just like a proper guitar where a couple of strings have the day off. Play a few notes on the top two strings and be a good lad". 

So I did. I've been humming that Katie Perry song all day - "I kissed a Bass and I liked it"

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24580
    @McToot - not only that, but you played my recent @GSPBASSES semi hollow Precision build which means it was a bit of a unique “not available in the shops” bass!
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    @McToot - not only that, but you played my recent @GSPBASSES semi hollow Precision build which means it was a bit of a unique “not available in the shops” bass!
    Lovely instrument that.  And @McToot molested it so hard its knob fell off.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    Some new music for today - here's @McToot (again!!) on his third instrument - the drums.  This is @CustomPedalBoards on guitar and me on bass.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited August 2018
    sorry for the delay in posting but I had a wedding to go to yesterday (who gets married on a  Monday?!?) so have only just caught up with this thread . 

WOW , what a weekend! 
    I really didn’t know what to expect from my first FB Jammers event, I hoped that I would be able to break my Open Mic duck and maybe see some cool gear and chat to 1 or 2 friendlier types . 

The first thing is that that everybody is friendly,welcoming , encouraging and supportive without exception. 
    @Sasquatch_Bob ‘s studio was an ideal venue. Plenty of space , decent rooms , Londis across the road , kettle always on and a fridge full of Budweiser .

The setup worked really well , meaning that people could Jam in either of the side rooms (run through set list stuff or just jam over a chord progression or just revel in turning their own gear up to levels that can’t be done in the average 2 bed semi ) .

it was an absolute pleasure to play with guitarists of all levels and has really brought back some enthusiasm for the guitar for me . 

Highlights for me included watching @fandango and @darthed1981  nail their 1st ever public performances. Really top work guys , proper inspiring stuff . 

Finally meeting @Alnico and watching his return to playing live and the passion for guitar that man has . 

Sasquatch Bobs’ “stance” for the intro of Ace of Spades ♠️ 

chatting to the barmaid  who was desperate for a break as ‘she’d never been so busy in her years at the club ! 

Breaking my my open mic duck , I’ve played hundreds of times as part of a band or duo but just me and a guitar was how it all started for me and so to be able to do that was pretty special for me .

There were many others , not least of which meeting 20ish really cool blokes , playing guitar all weekend, talking about gear with people who are knowledgeable and interested and just top blokes . 

everybody involved should be proud of this event. 

You did good lads , you did fucking awesome! 

@Bridgehouse  and @Legionreturns  thank you so much for your hard work in organising this .

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    that bass is cool and I want one, where from?
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    @modellista said:
    Lovely instrument that.  And @McToot molested it so hard its knob fell off.
    @pmbomb said:
    I know where you can get a molested knobless one... ;)
    edited August 2018
    pmbomb said:
    It’s a home build from a @GSPBASSES body and neck - finished in Danish Oil and stock parts. The pickup is a split coil custom wound job. Total cost probably about £450
  • Some new music for today - here's @McToot (again!!) on his third instrument - the drums.  This is @CustomPedalBoards on guitar and me on bass.

fuck i'd forgotten about that 1, love it! yes its a bit rickety at times but hey its the nature of the beast. great playing all round.
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
    ah cool thanks - I'll build one!

now I understand re the knob molestation - I was trying to figure out why a bass with one pick up needed a switch.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Some new music for today - here's @McToot (again!!) on his third instrument - the drums.  This is @CustomPedalBoards on guitar and me on bass.

fuck i'd forgotten about that 1, love it! yes its a bit rickety at times but hey its the nature of the beast. great playing all round.

Ah - I like that groove - thats the sort of thing I want to be able to develop (rather than my current "Status Quo" style 12 bar blues riffs) - will analyse that chord/note sequence tonight, play it into my Trio+ and jam along! I missed most of the freeform jamming sessions at the weekend (busy having fun in the studio) - we really need a three dayer!!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:

Ah - I like that groove - thats the sort of thing I want to be able to develop (rather than my current "Status Quo" style 12 bar blues riffs) - will analyse that chord/note sequence tonight, play it into my Trio+ and jam along! I missed most of the freeform jamming sessions at the weekend (busy having fun in the studio) - we really need a three dayer!!
    aye, thats why i wasnt to fussed about the studio bit this time and just wanting to jam. 
    the riffs in A (its always in A ask @pmbomb hehehe) 
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

OMG - I had no idea you were recording that....

Taylor Hawkins has nothing to fear but I'm pleased with that given that it was the first time I'd thumped a tub in a few years.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

you need bass A?

I'm your man.

A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A.

Nailed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    pmbomb said:
    you need bass A?

I'm your man.

Nailed.
    A is used cos you can rest your thumb on the E string.
    pmbomb said:
    you need bass A?

I'm your man.

Nailed.
    A is used cos you can rest your thumb on the E string.
    my teacher's advice was the best basses have a built in rest.
  • Enjoyed it thoroughly.. the afternoon flew by...

I would have liked to stay longer but couldnt; would have like to have chatted to some of the newer faces more.. 

One comment I would make it, whilst I used the communal area YBTB jam facilities at least twice; I missed the opportunity to sit and chat in that space like last time... I believe may have also been spillover issues for Bob's recording?? but similarly having 3 jam zones was beneficial too given the numbers of attendees. I guess that's the benefit of attending the full weekend as opposed to "jetting" in and out ;-)

So apologies to people I didn't speak to properly, and "props" to all the organisers that, against the odds, provided us with an excellent jam opportunity once again.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

enjoying that jam guys, chapeau @McToot for the drumming!