R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    Come on @peachguitarsdotcom ; enough of the Fender raffle schmaffle Meh! 

Lets be having these Dirty Lemon tarts up on the website

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    edited September 2018

just got this email from GG:
    good afternoon!

I hope you're well!

Just a quick email to make you aware we have 2 x Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard 1958 Figured Top Dirty Lemon VOS NH PSL available to purchase, please find the guitar on our website here: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180814331288008--gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-standard-1958-figured-top-dirty-lem

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3875
    edited September 2018
    To all of you guys dropping 2.5 large on unseen, unplayed guitars from a company with a history of QC problems, I salute thee! Proper GAS! I guess the distance selling rules protect you anyway. FFS You've even made me want one, and I'm a Fender man!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:
    To all of you guys dropping 2.5 large on unseen, unplayed guitars from a company with a history of QC problems, I salute thee! Proper GAS! I guess the distance selling rules protect you anyway. FFS You've even made me want one, and I'm a Fender man!
    Yeah I was thinking the same. Also a fender guy but been GAS-ing for one. I suspect they should hold 80%-90% of their value depending on when you sell.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    Peach have solid QA checks in place before sending stuff out. My original choice of 335 was changed as they phoned me and said it didn't meet their standards when setting it up and asked me to pick another from the available serial numbers, with tonnes of photos. Buy with confidence from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I have pics of the GG one but waiting on @peachguitarsdotcom ;
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited September 2018
    Michael84 said:

I suspect they should hold 80%-90% of their value depending on when you sell.
    Looking at 2018/2019 Gibson prices I'd be surprised if anyone lost more than 10% on one that wasn't damaged during their ownership.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mli3 said:

good afternoon!

I hope you're well!

Just a quick email to make you aware we have 2 x Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard 1958 Figured Top Dirty Lemon VOS NH PSL available to purchase, please find the guitar on our website here: https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180814331288008--gibson-custom-shop-les-paul-standard-1958-figured-top-dirty-lem

That is nice! Subtle figuring. But Peach get my vote as I trust their setup and QC....
    Agree - much rather buy from peach/coda than GG
  • mli3 said:

good afternoon!

I hope you're well!

That is nice! Subtle figuring. But Peach get my vote as I trust their setup and QC....
    Sadly it's not the one in stock - the one available is a plaintop. They just sent me pics. 
    danny_777 said:
    Sadly it's not the one in stock - the one available is a plaintop. They just sent me pics. 
    Sadly ??? I luuurrrvvve plaintops 
  • So there has  been a billion pictures, but only. One clip of someone actually playing one?..... Come on let's hear some music made with them .. .. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    So there has  been a billion pictures, but only. One clip of someone actually playing one?..... Come on let's hear some music made with them .. .. 

+1
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I suppose I could post a video of me playing mine.

I doubt anyone would consider what they heard as music though.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've heard there will be another cherry with a nice dark board becoming available at GG soon
  • danny_777 said:
    mli3 said:

good afternoon!

I hope you're well!

Plain tops are my fave. Anything more than light figuring and I'm instantly not a fan....not sure why! Plain is understated and cool!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    danny_777 said:
    mli3 said:

good afternoon!

I hope you're well!

Plain tops are my fave. Anything more than light figuring and I'm instantly not a fan....not sure why! Plain is understated and cool!
    Having now read B&TB, it turns out I like 'fiddleback' and 'pinstripe', but no others. 

Plaintops with interesting grain are my preference.
    terada said:

Having now read B&TB, it turns out I like 'fiddleback' and 'pinstripe', but no others. 

i'll have a treat for you shortly then @terada ;
     ;) 
    mli3 said:
    terada said:

i'll have a treat for you shortly then @terada ;
     ;) 
    Don't leave me hanging! ;)
  • So there has  been a billion pictures, but only. One clip of someone actually playing one?..... Come on let's hear some music made with them .. .. 
    I’m sure there was more than one video in this thread. Mine is on page 41, way back when this thread was just a pup. If someone has a couple days to spare, maybe they could go back through the thread and find the other one?