R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    edited September 2018
    ellwood said:
    Yep, but I like things that are off balance, design that throws the eye and irregularities. 
    Explains the festival of skateboarding Skill D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    terada said:
    terada said:
    In the spirit of WGD...Honest to god, if all my guitars were like this R8, I'd be a happy man. What a lovely thing to play and listen to, it sounds gorgeous to my ears and plays beautifully. And the smell, fuck me, that smell! ha.

Excuse the shoddy late nght noodling, but had to share because this guitar is great.

Beautiful tones there. Splendid bit of playing mate. What amp was the kemper using?
    Thank you @terada, very much appreciated, mate. It's an AC30 profile from MBritt. Kemper is hands down the best piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Well it's got me thinking about Vox now ;) 

Do you find the Kemper to be the sort of amp you need to keep tweaking? I more the sort that likes to just plug in and go.
    Difference is that the Kemper is manageable at bedroom volume. Both sound great. I'm a plug and play guy too, once I find my favourite profiles, I tweak only a few familiar parameters that I know will make the profile sound better and then I'm done. I follow the same pattern each time I try a profile I like. Happy to answer any questions you have via PM or on the Kemper thread mate...as I'm sure plenty of other will be happy to help too :-) I was a massive tube amp player for a long time, I'll never go back now I've had the flexibility and features of the Kemper.
    I think this might be the second most expensive comment I’ve read on any forum after the ‘R8s are going for £2,5k new’...

I think I need to try one out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Fifty9 said:
    terada said:
    terada said:
    In the spirit of WGD...Honest to god, if all my guitars were like this R8, I'd be a happy man. What a lovely thing to play and listen to, it sounds gorgeous to my ears and plays beautifully. And the smell, fuck me, that smell! ha.

Excuse the shoddy late nght noodling, but had to share because this guitar is great.

Beautiful tones there. Splendid bit of playing mate. What amp was the kemper using?
    Thank you @terada, very much appreciated, mate. It's an AC30 profile from MBritt. Kemper is hands down the best piece of gear I've ever bought.
    Well it's got me thinking about Vox now ;) 

Do you find the Kemper to be the sort of amp you need to keep tweaking? I more the sort that likes to just plug in and go.
    Difference is that the Kemper is manageable at bedroom volume. Both sound great. I'm a plug and play guy too, once I find my favourite profiles, I tweak only a few familiar parameters that I know will make the profile sound better and then I'm done. I follow the same pattern each time I try a profile I like. Happy to answer any questions you have via PM or on the Kemper thread mate...as I'm sure plenty of other will be happy to help too :-) I was a massive tube amp player for a long time, I'll never go back now I've had the flexibility and features of the Kemper.
    I think this might be the second most expensive comment I’ve read on any forum after the ‘R8s are going for £2,5k new’...

I think I need to try one out
    Worryingly, so do I. Thanks @Jonathanthomas83 ; ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha, no problem, both. Happy to oblige! ;-)
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534

What a waste of an R8, you've got to rock the shit out of that thing!

I kid, I kid! Nice bit of playing mate. Really glad you're liking it.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • @zepp76 ha, thanks mate!

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    zepp76 said:

I'm willing to bet @Jonathanthomas83 has a better relationship with his neighbours than I do
  • roberty said:
    zepp76 said:

I'm willing to bet @Jonathanthomas83 has a better relationship with his neighbours than I do
    Not sure they'd agree! Haha.

Best upgrade you can make for your setup is the room and a detached house!

• Did anybody buy one of the 2 tobacco R8s that went in this sale? Im seriously gassing a Tobacco R8 with R9 neck profile.

Did anybody buy one of the 2 tobacco R8s that went in this sale? Im seriously gassing a Tobacco R8 with R9 neck profile.
    The peach tobacco went earlier in this thread to someone here. 

I myself am eyeing them up, but not sure what the finish is like in person 
  • I remember now, we should convince them it's definitely worth selling.

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Did anyone buy the unique looking Dirty Lemon that Peach posted yesterday then? I see we've had no update on it so I assume it's been sold...
    edited September 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Did anyone buy the unique looking Dirty Lemon that Peach posted yesterday then? I see we've had no update on it so I assume it's been sold...
    I was assuming people are waiting for this, but perhaps it is sold:

Is that still there ?
    It is. I’ll get it online with a temporary pic tomorrow and put a private link on here, so it doesn’t show on the front page of the site.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5380
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a link, someone has managed to push Peach over the edge and they've left the building :(

See Off Topic ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2018
    Snags said:
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a link, someone has managed to push Peach over the edge and they've left the building

See Off Topic ...
    Oh.

Well that sucks
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Totally. I hope the idiot who drove John and the team away is now satisfied.
  • ColsCols Frets: 7010
    I’m sure whoever’s responsible will be identified, and they won’t bounce on their way out of the forum.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3869
    FFS. How did that happen re. Peach? How do I find Off Topic?
  • So has the whole £2499 R8 thing ended now or is there likely to be more on the way? (i.e. at the end of October when I can actually afford one).
  • Taken the edge off it for me, tbh. I was getting excited about Peach posting further deals. It's brought a new and very real lease of life to this forum recently and I've caught the bug along with many others. Peach fellas, if you're reading this, we're not all a bunch of twats, I promise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom