R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Getting the thread back on track pic by pic!

Sadly not all mine, but these did get a quick chance to meet and greet before my blind test ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    ;) terada said:

Sadly not all mine, but these did get a quick chance to meet and greet before my blind test ;)

Mostly all yours though right?  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hyperben said:
    ;) terada said:

Mostly all yours though right?  ;)
    60%  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I assume mine will be back for sale at Peach soon. Great for the right customer, trust me.
    Why did you give it back? What colour?
    Just not my thing. I prefer more modern specs I think. It's a pretty light iced tea.
  • I assume mine will be back for sale at Peach soon. Great for the right customer, trust me.
    Just not my thing. I prefer more modern specs I think. It's a pretty light iced tea.
    Fair one. This R8 has turned my tastes right on their head...I was one for modern appointments before this too, but I prefer it in every way so I sold the Standard.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Weirdly, I prefer my freakishly good SG Standard and LP Tribute from 2017. Bizarre.
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    Weirdly, I prefer my freakishly good SG Standard and LP Tribute from 2017. Bizarre.
    As long as you’re playing what you love it just doesn’t matter. R8s aren’t for everyone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Weirdly, I prefer my freakishly good SG Standard and LP Tribute from 2017. Bizarre.
    No shame in that mate. Whatever fits, fits.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Weirdly, I prefer my freakishly good SG Standard and LP Tribute from 2017. Bizarre.
    My previous LP attempts before last year were modern switching, all the bells and whistles things...then I got the '17 traditional, with no weight relief, no funky switches and a fat neck. It sounded like a Lester should. Straight away, no messing! 

The R8 was the logical step from there with such a great deal. I've got other guitars that will produce the other sounds I like, but better than a tapped/ boosted / out of phase bucker in a LP.

TL:DR? I've got my dream guitar, and I'm as happy as a pig in ...err...a pig whore house.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    Hopefully mine can meet some others at some point. Anyone taking theirs to the Quad jam? I’m itching to play with other people again to be honest. Been 10 years since I last played live or even jammed with anything other than a backing track. 
  • SteveF said:
    Hopefully mine can meet some others at some point. Anyone taking theirs to the Quad jam? I’m itching to play with other people again to be honest. Been 10 years since I last played live or even jammed with anything other than a backing track. 
    Mine will be at Quad, and Sasquatch in Feb :) 

• SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    Great stuff :) 
  • SteveF said:
    Mine will be at Quad, and Sasquatch in Feb :) 
    I'll be bringing mine to the Quad as well
    Sorry guys, Quad?
    Roland said:
    Thanks. Sounds fab but its too far for me I'm afraid. Looks full anyhow!

Well up for bringing along an r8 to a future jam though
  • terada said:
    Roland said:
    Thanks. Sounds fab but its too far for me I'm afraid. Looks full anyhow!

Well up for bringing along an r8 to a future jam though
    Don't know where you are, but there's also a Huddersfield one in Feb and a West Country one in, I think, April. 

They're great fun, and the huddersfield one also includes us playing a mini gig on the Saturday night, as it's a full weekend.  

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    I had a LP Tribute and know what you mean, great guitars. 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018

I assume mine will be back for sale at Peach soon. Great for the right customer, trust me.
    Fair one. This R8 has turned my tastes right on their head...I was one for modern appointments before this too, but I prefer it in every way so I sold the Standard.
    I sold my 2016 standard since I got the R8. Ive upgraded the bridge pup as I like high output pups in the bridge but the neck is a keeper

This R8 is everything I wanted in a les Paul and I couldn’t believe how inferior the 2016 felt once I got this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    terada said:

FB Calendar pic 2019! :)