R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    There was one sold on Facebook by a bedroom dealer for £1,700 as well.
     Might have needed the money for smack.. who knows. And that one obviously gathered some attention as an anomaly.. because you know about it. Can’t comment on the condition.. background of the instrument.. nor circumstance.. and neither can you.

Suppose that was an attempt to back up your argument?
    Definitely not the kind of guy who takes smack. He just thought that was a fair price for it. I can comment on the condition because it was listed with full details and pictures etc. It wasn’t mint - hence why it was £1.7k rather than say £2k. Still, nowhere near £2.5k is it? 

Was that a better attempt for you?
    That was brilliant mate yeah. You did really well there. 

Obviously you know this guy’s back-story from looking at his pictures on Facebook. Which is weird.. being as he’d posted pics of a guitar he was looking to sell. 

Do you look at a lot of men on Facebook? 

Also.. did you buy it?

I know his ‘backstory’ as you put it because I’ve met him. He doesn’t ever sell in desperation. He has some amps that have been for sale for years because he won’t move on the price. He actually did a follow up post on Facebook to give his reasons for selling at that price because he got some flak because the guy who bought it subsequently listed it for a trade at a substantially higher price. Is that enough detail for you or do you want to continue making unsubstantiated assumptions?
    So now that we’ve got to the bottom of your unsubstantiated argument.. backed by one example.. of ‘a chap’ who sold an R8 once.. for £1700

Answer my question.. did you buy it?

Two examples - there was one that sold at Coda for £2k as well. Look I’m not even sure what we’re arguing about here. All I’m saying is that dealers, based on those two examples at least, are pricing secondhand R8s with reference to the new ones at £2.5k whereas private sellers don’t seem to be. That is the impression I get - it’s my opinion, nothing more.

I suspect your attitude stems from the fact that you’re trying to sell a secondhand R8 at the moment. 
    No mate,

it’s gone..

And the question remains unanswered.

My initial point was that the Coda music one was cheap at £2000 (only similarity being that it’s an ‘R8’).

You tried to back that up with an example of one, being sold by someone you know, and know the thoughts of.. who isn’t a heroin addict.. who sold one at £1700 once. 

My next question.. 

Do you own an R8?
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Some ongoing (and probably long term) wrist damage means my Iced Tea is now in the classifieds - along with my 75 Tele and my R4....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    ellwood said:
    Some ongoing (and probably long term) wrist damage means my Iced Tea is now in the classifieds - along with my 75 Tele and my R4....
    That's terrible mate. I've got some similar troubles and have found the R9 profile actually pretty good for it. But it is still there.

Have you heard of the musicians clinic ?
  • JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
     Might have needed the money for smack.. who knows. And that one obviously gathered some attention as an anomaly.. because you know about it. Can’t comment on the condition.. background of the instrument.. nor circumstance.. and neither can you.

Definitely not the kind of guy who takes smack. He just thought that was a fair price for it. I can comment on the condition because it was listed with full details and pictures etc. It wasn’t mint - hence why it was £1.7k rather than say £2k. Still, nowhere near £2.5k is it? 

Obviously you know this guy’s back-story from looking at his pictures on Facebook. Which is weird.. being as he’d posted pics of a guitar he was looking to sell. 

Also.. did you buy it?

I know his ‘backstory’ as you put it because I’ve met him. He doesn’t ever sell in desperation. He has some amps that have been for sale for years because he won’t move on the price. He actually did a follow up post on Facebook to give his reasons for selling at that price because he got some flak because the guy who bought it subsequently listed it for a trade at a substantially higher price. Is that enough detail for you or do you want to continue making unsubstantiated assumptions?
    So now that we’ve got to the bottom of your unsubstantiated argument.. backed by one example.. of ‘a chap’ who sold an R8 once.. for £1700

Two examples - there was one that sold at Coda for £2k as well. Look I’m not even sure what we’re arguing about here. All I’m saying is that dealers, based on those two examples at least, are pricing secondhand R8s with reference to the new ones at £2.5k whereas private sellers don’t seem to be. That is the impression I get - it’s my opinion, nothing more.

I suspect your attitude stems from the fact that you’re trying to sell a secondhand R8 at the moment. 
    No mate,

it’s gone..

My initial point was that the Coda music one was cheap at £2000 (only similarity being that it’s an ‘R8’).

You tried to back that up with an example of one, being sold by someone you know, and know the thoughts of.. who isn’t a heroin addict.. who sold one at £1700 once. 

My next question.. 

Do you own an R8?

Read rule number one fella as you are now showing yourself up to be a proper fool here and spoiling a postive thread
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5040
    Wow, calm down chaps, it’s only a guitar forum!

All I’d say is that ‘what it owes me’ is irrelevant when it comes to determining an asking price. People can of course ask whatever price they like, and good luck to them, but the price paid for an item has doesn’t really have any relevance to its value when you come to sell it.

*Note, I may even have used the ‘what it owes me’ spiel on my own past sales, but I have since come to my senses and I don’t do it any more!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwood said:
    Sorry to hear that buddy that's not good at all

On another note can people stop selling cherry and ice tea and sell a dirty lemon that i can actually buy :)

edited October 2018
    @Fortheloveofguitar Come again mate? 

Before you post an ad, look at other ads. Match, or better, that standard. Not that this really matters anymore, but...

If you read right back through this whole thread.. you'll discover that the R8 price dip is as a result of this new wave of recent R8's being suspiciously sold off by Gibson. We can't tar every R8 from every year, in every condition, in every circumstance with the same brush. 

Let's put this into perspective:

There's been some discussion about one being sold by coda music for two grand (which caused uproar).. following my questioning of this one example.. a clown named @heavyrocker, on here.. tries to substantiate that with one other example of one, being sold by 'a friend' at £1700. 

Does this govern the price point of every used R8 being sold by anyone ever.. from here on in. Listen to yourselves chaps. 

And then consider your use of the term 'fool'.

So in reference to 'rule 1'.. do i base my price point on two examples.. one of them being fictitious.. of guitars that are similar in the respect that they're 'an R8'. To comply with the rules? Or take the average price of the true value of non-2017 R8's?  

Do either of you own R8's?
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:

Also.. did you buy it?

No mate,

it’s gone..

My next question.. 

Do you own an R8?
    If you managed to sell an R8 from 2012 in the current climate privately for £2500 then wow, just wow. I take my hat off to you!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    JackieB33 said:
    No mate,

it’s gone..

My next question.. 

Do you own an R8?
    Alright alright, he didn't see one sell for 1700, he made it all up to wind you up; not that it seems like it would take all that much.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JackieB33 said:

Before you post an ad, look at other ads. Match, or better, that standard. Not that this really matters anymore, but...

If you read right back through this whole thread.. you'll discover that the R8 price dip is as a result of this new wave of recent R8's being suspiciously sold off by Gibson. We can't tar every R8 from every year, in every condition, in every circumstance with the same brush. 

There's been some discussion about one being sold by coda music for two grand (which caused uproar).. following my questioning of this one example.. a clown named @heavyrocker, on here.. tries to substantiate that with one other example of one, being sold by 'a friend' at £1700. 

Does this govern the price point of every used R8 being sold by anyone ever.. from here on in. Listen to yourselves chaps. 

So in reference to 'rule 1'.. do i base my price point on two examples.. one of them being fictitious.. of guitars that are similar in the respect that they're 'an R8'. To comply with the rules? Or take the average price of the true value of non-2017 R8's?  

Well done mate. You’ve made a good account of yourself there. Keep on digging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    JackieB33 said:

You still haven't answered my question.. 

Nor have you sufficiently answered any of my points. 

Hiding behind other people now it would seem.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    JackieB33 said:
    JackieB33 said:

You still haven't answered my question.. 

Nor have you sufficiently answered any of my points. 

Hiding behind other people now it would seem.
    I really don’t think anyone cares
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    edited October 2018
    Took this photo just to break up the fighting...

These guitars are spectacular. Fin

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • heavyrockerheavyrocker Frets: 810
    edited October 2018
    Post edited because this argument is pointless. As you were.
    terada said:
    Took this photo just to break up the fighting...

These guitars are spectacular. Fin

Great photograph. And a beautiful R9. You’re right, these guitars are the absolute best!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    @heavyrocker ;;

I’m made up for you.. Witnessing someone else selling an R8. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got back from another rehearsal where I used the R8...I really can’t get over how good this guitar is. The controllable sustain into feedback is so easy to do and it responds so well to playing dynamics.

I really couldn’t be happier with the purchase!
    Just got back from another rehearsal where I used the R8...I really can’t get over how good this guitar is. The controllable sustain into feedback is so easy to do and it responds so well to playing dynamics.

I really couldn’t be happier with the purchase!
    These 2017s with the custom buckers are just incredible! Such great guitars. Easily the best they’ve made so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Guys take your fucking arguments to Facebook or some other website that isn't trying to put a lid on being a dick.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    Guys take your fucking arguments to Facebook or some other website that isn't trying to put a lid on being a dick.
    https://youtu.be/0IA3ZvCkRkQ
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom