0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    mark123 said:
    just put the cameras down 

let the thread go 

and play the fkas !!!
    What if you enjoy photography too? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As I mentioned before, I had a Lemon R8 on here a few years ago in great nick for £1700, and didn't get a sniff- it eventually sold on Reverb, and the buyer immediately tried to flip it on here for £2200, and got nowhere.

Nobody's making money on these, guys!

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/52870/gibson-historic-r8-les-paul-vos-lemonburst-2010-price-drop-1700-sold#latest
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

1reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Favourite?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4819
    ellwood said:
    Some ongoing (and probably long term) wrist damage means my Iced Tea is now in the classifieds - along with my 75 Tele and my R4....
    Bless ya mate, get well soon.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1421
    Loving the photos @terada. Just great. That R9 still does it for me. Lovely top and such a nice tone of dirty lemon. 
    Depends on the moment really. All are fantastic and have their own character. From L>R

Warm, soft and clear/Bright, growly and direct/Fat, open and filthy/Sweet, balanced and soulful

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2041
    terada said:

Spectacular. 
    hyperben said:
    Loving the photos @terada. Just great. That R9 still does it for me. Lovely top and such a nice tone of dirty lemon. 
    Thanks @hyperben. The R9 has a much darker finish than the R8, Hard to believe they are both lemon really.
    terada said:
    hyperben said:
    Thanks @hyperben. The R9 has a much darker finish than the R8, Hard to believe they are both lemon really.
    Amazing how they vary so much. I originally had an R8 in DL from Peach with a crazy flame, but the colour was just so luminous! It was garish and made me feel sick to look at it so I returned it. Your R9 (and mine) have that much tastier and vintage looking DL tone. Just love it!
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 537
    Seeing all of those together makes me glad I went for the Washed Cherry.  (Just my opinion etc etc).  Funny, as I've never been a cherry lover, much preferring a tobacco or desert burst usually.  Through some twist of fate (or I just don't like what I think I like and like what I think I don't, IYSWIM :lol: ) both of my Les Pauls are Cherry - one HDC and one WC. :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    SteveF said:
    Seeing all of those together makes me glad I went for the Washed Cherry.  (Just my opinion etc etc).  Funny, as I've never been a cherry lover, much preferring a tobacco or desert burst usually.  Through some twist of fate (or I just don't like what I think I like and like what I think I don't, IYSWIM :lol: ) both of my Les Pauls are Cherry - one HDC and one WC. :) 
    I think the washed cherries are great. Not sure why they don’t get as much love. Not as keen on them with too plain a top though. They look amazing with flame!
  • terada said:
    Took this photo just to break up the fighting...

These guitars are spectacular. Fin

dibs on the lamp @terada ;
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    terada said:o
    mark123 said:
    just put the cameras down 

let the thread go 

and play the fkas !!!
    What if you enjoy photography too? ;)
    sell your guitars and buy a top notch camera !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    hyperben said:
    SteveF said:
    I think the washed cherries are great. Not sure why they don’t get as much love. Not as keen on them with too plain a top though. They look amazing with flame!
    I really enjoy how everyone looks for something different. For me, I love a nice plaintop cherry, while tobacco just doesn't really do it for me in person (but love it in pictures - weird).

I also think the real colours of WC are often misrepresented in store pics. In person I find the burst far more subtle, with multiple levels of depth in the cherry parts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    terada said:
    Took this photo just to break up the fighting...

These guitars are spectacular. Fin

dibs on the lamp @terada ;
    I doubt I'd sell, it shines like buttah

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • terada said:

Jesus 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10696
    edited October 2018
    JackieB33 said:
    Guys take your fucking arguments to Facebook or some other website that isn't trying to put a lid on being a dick.
    https://youtu.be/0IA3ZvCkRkQ
    Just watched that twice. She really has amazing control. That was excellent. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
    edited October 2018
     Guys.. I’m sorry, shouldn’t have rose to it. 

If there’s one thing to take away from this it’s this:
    If a dickhead chimes in with half a story.. later contradicts himself by disclosing the full story.. then has his arse fall out.. don’t take him on. Just let him remain a bitter bystander.. and carry on selling your beloved gear at justifiably fair guide prices.

In the interest of disclosure: I accepted £2300 against my 2012 R8. Which.. with reference to the new price of that one, is a very very good price. 
    There’s a lovely 2017 in the classifieds for the same price. This also seems justified as they’re not new at £2500 anymore. 

If you’re buying.. then buy the best that you can afford. And if you don’t like the price tag on something.. move along and find something with a price tag that suits you. Don’t use little snippets of bollocks from the internet to try and knock people down..  normal ‘non-dealer’ people selling in good faith.. and hopefully this karma will treat you well when you come to sell something yourself. 

Now carry on drooling over those R8’s and R9’s.. if you’re here it’s cos you’ve got good taste. 
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
    12reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom