R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    The base price of these is definitely not £1500. That’s a one off from either someone desperate for money, or dodgy. You have to look at the average to get an idea of value anyway. Right place, right time deals do happen of course but that’s in no way the norm. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:
    prlgmnr said:
    There's (a 2011) one sold on eBay for £1500, so that's that definitively established as the baseline price for now.
    Interesting use of facts.

Just looked and there were 24 completed R8 sales on Ebay. These include one at £1,500. Of the other 23, 18 sold at a price range of between £2,000 and £3,723.

So from this, you deduce that the baseline price is actually £1,500? Good work. 

Keep trying to talk the market down though. I'm sure you don't really want one anyway....
    Said the man that was himself offered a 2007 R8 at only £1700 
    Me? Was I? Did I buy it?
    Doesn’t matter if you bought it or not. It’s the price that’s relevant 
    Oh bless you, I've just realised what you're on about...

I was offered one in July at £1,700 - you're right. And you managed to go through all my posts over a five month period to find it. Well done!

I wish my wife paid me as much attention as you did :-)
    No my friend I have a good memory unlike yourself who denied any knowledge of it  Hard to believe but you’re not that important that I need to go through your posts 

Grab a shovel fellas and help me dig this man out this hole he’s got himself into 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Fifty9 said:
    Does it not ultimately depend on how many people really wanted them but couldn’t afford them previously and, more pertinently, will almost never be able to after this sale is all over? This determines how many extra will be moved onto the used market which determines impact to used prices. If there aren’t a lot more on the used market then the impact to used prices is minimal isn’t it. Then if the only way to get one is m2m @ 5k then that’ll pull up used prices.

I say this using myself as an example. I’ve sold a bunch of other guitars & brands to buy this keeper r8. Used market isn’t getting mine so how many of the buyers are like me and have no intention to move theirs on?

if @terada decides to sell up then the crash’ll Be the guitar equivalent to 2008 sub-prime crisis but other than that, I can only see a very temporary drop in price.
    I think we're safe ;)  - I'm down to 2 currently. Depending on the gloss peach ones I might also be moving on another! 

For what its worth, I have lost nothing in the process (technically up as I sold so much gear), but had a hell of a lot of fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10211
    I was in a local guitar shop and I was told that Peach would be getting a lot more of these. Anyone heard this rumour?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    edited November 2018
    Hattigol said:

I was offered one in July at £1,700 - you're right. And you managed to go through all my posts over a five month period to find it. Well done!

No my friend I have a good memory unlike yourself who denied any knowledge of it  Hard to believe but you’re not that important that I need to go through your posts 
    Of course you didn't go through my posts - because that would make you a maniac stalker, right? You just 'remembered' it from July. Definitely.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    How about we call the bickering a day and get on with les Paul awesomeness?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    terada said:
    On this forum..? :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I was in a local guitar shop and I was told that Peach would be getting a lot more of these. Anyone heard this rumour?
    Peach have said they’ve got 50 or so more coming in. These will be in cherry burst, lemon, tobacco burst and iced tea, but will all be shiny gloss rather than vis finished. 

Peach are doing it on a first come first served pre order basis. 

Im in the queue for a cherry
    JerkMoans said:
    terada said:
    On this forum..? :D
    True true!  :)
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2695
    edited November 2018
    How about some R8 photos?

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    How about some R8 photos?

Fab. That les Paul looks gorgeous
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10211
    terada said:
    Peach have said they’ve got 50 or so more coming in. These will be in cherry burst, lemon, tobacco burst and iced tea, but will all be shiny gloss rather than vis finished. 

Thats cool. I got a R9 from GuitarGuitar for £3250 so I’m good. :)
    terada said:

Nice price. They quoted me that too, but ended up getting one for even less at GAK
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hattigol said:
    Hattigol said:

Of course you didn't go through my posts - because that would make you a maniac stalker, right? You just 'remembered' it from July. Definitely.
    Get it all out of your system son before school on Monday 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Will do.

Really hope you get your R8 one day, buddy and that it helps you get all that angst out.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    terada said:

I paid £249 more for the "zero percent" finance.  Still a pretty good rate though. 7.1% extra over 3 years probably averages out to 3%ish.
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I wish I'd known you could get a few quid off those GG R9s, I paid the full £3499 for mine. I moved quickly and bought online as they'd just received them all and I got to chose a lightweight stunner :)
  • Hattigol said:
    Will do.

Really hope you get your R8 one day, buddy and that it helps you get all that angst out.
    Wow you really are out of touch with this thread aren’t you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Twinfan said:
    I wish I'd known you could get a few quid off those GG R9s, I paid the full £3499 for mine. I moved quickly and bought online as they'd just received them all and I got to chose a lightweight stunner :)
    I wouldn't worry about it mate, 3.5 was a silly good price. And sounds like you got a goodun - any pics?