R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4914
    It's interesting reading peoples thoughts on the custom buckers, the ones in my R8 sound amazing. Exactly how I'd expect a 58/59 to sound in fact, it's just a proper Les Paul and different to my standard which has stock 490/498s in. Hands down it's the best one I've ever heard or played for real in person, with the caveat I've not played loads plugged in. I don't have a lot of reference on pickups either but I'm more than happy that being said.

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27336
    Boromedic said:
    It's interesting reading peoples thoughts on the custom buckers, the ones in my R8 sound amazing. Exactly how I'd expect a 58/59 to sound in fact, it's just a proper Les Paul and different to my standard which has stock 490/498s in. Hands down it's the best one I've ever heard or played for real in person, with the caveat I've not played loads plugged in. I don't have a lot of reference on pickups either but I'm more than happy that being said.
    I've always liked them in the LPs I've tried that had them. 

They get a lot of hate on the MyLP forum, but then there's often no pleasing those guys...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    I've found they vary a lot, just like PAFs did.  I like them in my R8 and other R9.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dmantsio said:
    Are there any other photos from the incoming 58s ?
    Photos have only gone out to those that pre ordered 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Lebond said:

@terada what is the weight of the Washed Cherry you have chosen?

When I was looking at them they ranged from 8lb 5oz to 9lb 2.5oz

I've gone for one of the heavier ones at 9lb 1.5oz
    I went for one at the lighter end, 8lb 8oz. when I looked there was a stonkingly beautiful one that weighed in at 8lb 15.5oz. A proper stunner, but the weight makes a difference for me. 
    Excellent!  I've got a R9 that's just under 8lbs so thought I'd go for ones.
    87114?
    That's the one, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Did you go for one of the flamey ones?
    That was a very nice one indeed - when is it getting delivered?

I went for one with a medium amount of flame, and quite tight vertical grain.

I was really struggling to pick between the one I went for and the heavier one which had an incredible top!
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4914
    Boromedic said:
    I've always liked them in the LPs I've tried that had them. 

They get a lot of hate on the MyLP forum, but then there's often no pleasing those guys...
    Hahaha, there is definitely no pleasing some of them on MLP!

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5636
    Twinfan said:
    I've found they vary a lot, just like PAFs did.  I like them in my R8 and other R9.
    Yep, I've had good one and bad ones. A common complaint about recent Custom Buckers is that they sound too toppy and harsh.
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    terada said:
    Lebond said:

Excellent!  I've got a R9 that's just under 8lbs so thought I'd go for ones.
    87114?
    That's the one, can't wait to see it in the flesh.

Did you go for one of the flamey ones?
    That was a very nice one indeed - when is it getting delivered?

I went for one with a medium amount of flame, and quite tight vertical grain.

I was really struggling to pick between the one I went for and the heavier one which had an incredible top!

I've not had a delivery time from Peach yet, I guess it depends on which day they send guitars out for delivery.

I know what you mean about struggling to decide.  I've already got a flamey R9 so was thinking plain top, but got lured in by the nice flame tops.  So I went for a compromise with a more subtle flame.

• Just plugged my R8 in for an hr. wow they’re just so good

Huge congrats to everyone that pulled the trigger on this gloss batch. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just plugged my R8 in for an hr. wow they’re just so good

Congrats to you too mate. I’m glad you also got a cracker and hope you have hours of enjoyment from it. Peach delivered yet again!
  • 8luesman8luesman Frets: 11
    edited January 2019

There's a photo on page 138 :-)
    That look lovely mate. The double creams really suit the finish!! 
  • 8luesman said:
    Just plugged my R8 in for an hr. wow they’re just so good

Congrats to you too mate. I’m glad you also got a cracker and hope you have hours of enjoyment from it. Peach delivered yet again!
    Mine is from the first VOS batch a few months back. Was tempted again for a gloss but I bought the Axcess yesterday and 4 les Paul’s will do for the moment lol 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    ...and 4 les Paul’s will do...
    poor form @Fortheloveofguitar . I expected better from you ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmgpmg Frets: 300
    Still waiting for a light dirty lemon to appear....
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    The remaining cherry (8) and iced tea (2) guitars are up on Peach's site with individual pics and weights.

I assume the dirty lemon and faded tobacco lists are still under consideration by those folks with a pre-order.
  • rjbirrjbir Frets: 16
    My dirty lemon choice has been made and I couldn’t be happier, Peach are definitely great guys to deal with.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    If those are what’s left then the ones that have gone must be great - some of those look awesome.   
  • Twinfan said:
    The remaining cherry (8) and iced tea (2) guitars are up on Peach's site with individual pics and weights.

I assume the dirty lemon and faded tobacco lists are still under consideration by those folks with a pre-order.
    I can only see 1 of each. Do you have a link? (Just window shopping... Xmas has exhausted my funds!)
  • Twinfan said:

I can only see 1 of each. Do you have a link? (Just window shopping... Xmas has exhausted my funds!)
    Think that’s it just one of each 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1102
    I let my R8 go and really regret it now. 

If Peach had the finance offers on I think I would be back in for one.

Anyone got one they want to trade for a 64ri 345 with Maestro?