R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• 8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

Congrats man, hope mine looks like that , I will be more than happy 
    Fingers crossed for you mate!  Let me know what you think when you get yours!

I just pulled the trigger on 871297 .Not flamey at all but it was the lightest of the batch. Were you the first in line for the lemons?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Lebond said:
    roberty said:
    Lebond said:
    My washed cherry is due to arrive today
    Brilliant, photos please when you're ready :-)
    Will do Roberty

My Mrs has just messaged me to let me know it's been delivered.  Unfortunately I won't be home till 8pm tonight... it's going to be a long day...

How is it?

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dmantsio said:
    8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

I just pulled the trigger on 871297 .Not flamey at all but it was the lightest of the batch. Were you the first in line for the lemons?
    Yes apparently I was. Not had that happen before haha. 

Nice one. I think I remember that one, again noticing the weight and being tempted. If I didn’t have the idea of getting one as close to Stripe, I think I would’ve gone lighter this time.

When is yours due for delivery? Im sure you’ll love it!
  • 8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:
    8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

Yes apparently I was. Not had that happen before haha. 

Nice one. I think I remember that one, again noticing the weight and being tempted. If I didn’t have the idea of getting one as close to Stripe, I think I would’ve gone lighter this time.

When is yours due for delivery? Im sure you’ll love it!
    Yes it’s nice, wish it had your flame though. I was thinking of putting a newly acquired set of double white Tom Holmes but I liked your look with double black and you got me thinking 
    i bank wired the money because I wanted to avoid PayPal high fees so it will take some time . I live in Greece 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6770
    Are they being liked? I'm thinking of moving on my previous run non-gloss 2007 dirty lemon if anyone prefers the idea.....
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    edited January 2019
    @terada well happy with it mate!

It looks different/better in person than on the pictures, the finish is flawless with a nice dark rosewood fretboard.  The neck thickness is quite thin for a '59 which is perfect for me.

I was a bit worried that it might be too heavy being one of the more heavy ones but it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Most importantly it plays and sounds great, even unplugged the notes ring out clearly when playing chords.

If I had enough funds I'd have bought 2 of them
  • LebondLebond Frets: 13
    edited January 2019
    Hope you are happy with yours also, when are you expecting its arrival ?

Will post pics next week when I have more time

Thanks to Peach Guitars for such an awesome deal
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 920
    87222 no filter needed - apologies for the floral sofa

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    tomajoha said:

Nice - that’s the one I was two clicks away from grabbing before I showed the faintest amount of very out-of-character self-restraint. 

(PM me if you ever want to sell it on someday...) ;)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Whitecat cheers pal

• Yes it’s nice, wish it had your flame though. I was thinking of putting a newly acquired set of double white Tom Holmes but I liked your look with double black and you got me thinking 
    i bank wired the money because I wanted to avoid PayPal high fees so it will take some time . I live in Greece
    Double whites would like nice definitely. I’ve always had a thing for the black, especially against the lemon body. 

Ah well I’m sure it will be worth the wait. The actual guitars are lighter in colour than the photos showed which is a good thing. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10910
    Mine is looking particularly flamey tonight, just been doing a spot of recording. Some days it looks completely plain, I can't figure it out. Easily confused by physics

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dmantsio said:
    8luesman said:
    Dmantsio said:

How light was it?
    Lebond said:
    @terada well happy with it mate!

It looks different/better in person than on the pictures, the finish is flawless with a nice dark rosewood fretboard.  The neck thickness is quite thin for a '59 which is perfect for me.

I was a bit worried that it might be too heavy being one of the more heavy ones but it doesn't feel heavy at all.

Most importantly it plays and sounds great, even unplugged the notes ring out clearly when playing chords.

If I had enough funds I'd have bought 2 of them

Great news - glad its everything you wanted!

These are really great guitars, in a few years I think we'll all be pretty pleased getting them for this price.
    tomajoha said:

Gorgeous. wow'd
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Mine is looking particularly flamey tonight, just been doing a spot of recording. Some days it looks completely plain, I can't figure it out. Easily confused by physics

That looks lovely. I think the flame thing depends on the following:

The depth of flame in the maple itself
    Viewing angle
    lighting
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks @terada it’s that weird flame quilt hybrid I’ve always fancied but not found 
    terada said:
    roberty said:

That looks lovely. I think the flame thing depends on the following:

The depth of flame in the maple itself
    Viewing angle
    lighting
    Ah okay that makes sense.  Mine must be shallow because it only pops out on occasions.  I never get tired of looking at it!
    tomajoha said:
    Thanks @terada it’s that weird flame quilt hybrid I’ve always fancied but not found 
    Looks bloody lush that!  Nice work
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom