R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    I mentioned in another thread that I think we are undervaluing used ones on here, mainly because we know that a lot were bought at £2,500.

The cheapest one on Ebay right now is £2,999. The new price is mental.

Just a thought.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Possibly, although, many know the price, as you say, even outside this forum. So selling one for more than £2500 is hard - I found that out the hard way last year due to tough times. Thankfully I managed to get another and was very grateful to the seller, I tried to get as close to the £2500 as I could muster, by way of respect.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11889
    edited February 2021
    Hattigol said:
    I mentioned in another thread that I think we are undervaluing used ones on here, mainly because we know that a lot were bought at £2,500.

The cheapest one on Ebay right now is £2,999. The new price is mental.

Just a thought.
    All Gibson Custom Shop guitars have gone crazy.  My Class 5's going rate is about £4k on reverb!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    At what point would it become acceptable for the £2,500 to be breached on here? Out of interest, imagine fast-forwarding 10 years. New R8s are £15,999. Someone on here wants to sell theirs - would people still be thinking it was a bit naughty and/or a bit flippy to push for more than they paid?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2205
    Reverb asking prices are not a good indicator of actual values 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    edited February 2021
    Hattigol said:
    At what point would it become acceptable for the £2,500 to be breached on here? Out of interest, imagine fast-forwarding 10 years. New R8s are £15,999. Someone on here wants to sell theirs - would people still be thinking it was a bit naughty and/or a bit flippy to push for more than they paid?

When any other R8 is £2500.

A lot of people on here don't want to pay the going rate.

Several years ago I sold a PRS Singlecut (with a 10 top) elsewhere after advertising it on here.  The only offers I got on here were lowball.  I had one very rude message telling me I'd never get more than £1000 for it.  I think I got around £1250 after commission on a consignment sale.

If people won't pay the going rate on here, sell it elsewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Whilst I sympathise with the OP, I don't get why people are so dead against this thread. It's a forum and perfectly acceptable to enjoy talking about this. We all had a great time when it started and I'm enjoying my R8, as are many others, I guess.

It highlights a major flaw in the system though, the need to be able to unsubscribe from discussions that you start. @digitalscream (I know this has been discussed many times, sorry)
    And unsubscribe from threads you comment on. Pretty please with a cherry on top...
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    Interested to know, did anyone get a free pack of strings with their R8?
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    edited February 2021
    Lebarque said:
    It highlights a major flaw in the system though, the need to be able to unsubscribe from discussions that you start. @digitalscream (I know this has been discussed many times, sorry)
    And unsubscribe from threads you comment on. Pretty please with a cherry on top...
    You can.  Just un-highlight the star at top right (when in the thread) or next to the thread title on the main page.
  • TINMAN82 said:
    Interested to know, did anyone get a free pack of strings with their R8?
    I didn’t ask for pack of strings, but a leather strap and that’s what I got.. peach were nothing but fantastic and superlative service ;) 
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 906
    Yup Peach are always great to deal with 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    The only thing that annoys me about the R8 thread is that there hasn’t been, and never will be, the equivalent R7 thread. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4847
    edited February 2021
    Agreed, I so was hoping for an R7 blowout same as the R8 one.... Not to be

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Iamnobody said:
    The only thing that annoys me about the R8 thread is that there hasn’t been, and never will be, the equivalent R7 thread. 
    Can I offer you a well-used (road worn) R8 thread? Could do with a fret job.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3884
    Philly_Q said:
    Lebarque said:
    You can.  Just un-highlight the star at top right (when in the thread) or next to the thread title on the main page.
     @Philly_Q  ;You can't. That only works if you have firstly clicked the star to like a thread. If you have simply commented on a thread, you are eternally damned to receive the notifications forever more.
  • I never get that issue

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    Lebarque said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Lebarque said:
     @Philly_Q  ;You can't. That only works if you have firstly clicked the star to like a thread. If you have simply commented on a thread, you are eternally damned to receive the notifications forever more.

Go to your profile and edit your notification preferences.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23004
    Lebarque said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Lebarque said:

Not for me - I don't get any notifications unless I have a thread currently starred, whether I've commented or not.  I often switch stars on and off if I'm getting too many notifications.

Maybe it's to do with which browsers we're using, or something?

:) maybe you want to start a new thread to discuss the mechanics? As the OP I’m getting a notification for each of these any chance we can close this thread Modmins ?
  • tomajoha said:
    :) maybe you want to start a new thread to discuss the mechanics? As the OP I’m getting a notification for each of these any chance we can close this thread Modmins ?
    Again, massive sympathy for this, but please don't close it...the fix is to get you unsubscribed...and in this day and age, it's unfathomable that it's not doable!