R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    DougCoda said:
    2 people bought one guitar seconds apart from each other and someone else had the guitar in thier basket and applied for finance, again apologies..I've played them all and they're all extremely nice, the slightly heavier ones seem to have more midrange acoutsically

I note that the only one's left are the heavy ones...
    Don’t let weight put you off, mine is 9lb 5oz and it sounds bloody marvellous.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCoda said:
    2 people bought one guitar seconds apart from each other and someone else had the guitar in thier basket and applied for finance, again apologies..I've played them all and they're all extremely nice, the slightly heavier ones seem to have more midrange acoutsically

9 lb 1oz is right on the money for a vintage burst. Swap the switch cover and it would be 9lb dead. That’s a great weight for an R8. I’ve had heavier historics and it didn’t bother me.

The other two remaining are less than that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2018
    Ossyrocks said:
    DougCoda said:

9 lb 1oz is right on the money for a vintage burst. Swap the switch cover and it would be 9lb dead. That’s a great weight for an R8. I’ve had heavier historics and it didn’t bother me.

Mine is 8Ib 14oz

That a good weight? 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Mine is 9Ib 14oz

That a good weight? 
    It's on the heavier side for sure.  It's 30oz or 850g heavier than my 8lb superlight.

'Good', like tone, is subjective  :)
  • Ossyrocks said:
    DougCoda said:

Mine is 9Ib 14oz

That a good weight? 
    It’s at the top of the range, but I bet there are bursts of a similar weight.
  • PablocrackersPablocrackers Frets: 181
    edited September 2018
    Just picked up this cracker from the lads at Coda and safe to say im bloody over the moon! Cheers Ryan, Doug & Mark! https://imgur.com/a/C1NeFr1 Forgot how to embed the image 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Modellista welcome to the club! Guess we're jamming at the end of the month  ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22949
    Just picked up this cracker from the lads at Coda and safe to say im bloody over the moon! Cheers Ryan, Doug & Mark! https://imgur.com/a/C1NeFr1.jpeg
    Crikey, that's a nice one.
  • Just picked up this cracker from the lads at Coda and safe to say im bloody over the moon! Cheers Ryan, Doug & Mark! https://imgur.com/a/C1NeFr1
    Ooooof !

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Blimey, will the supply of Custom Shop Les Pauls ever die? Will the appetite of Fretboarders to drop 2.5k ever die? Will this thread ever die? 

I hope not, it’s rather enjoyable as a spectator.
  • Sorry I messed up 

is 8Ib 14oz 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Sorry I messed up 

is 8Ib 14oz 
    If you have to ask it doesn't matter imo, people like lighter ones for comfort so unless the weight is an issue for you I wouldn't worry.  Some famous players prefer the sound of heavier ones.  Peter Green hated Greeny because he found it too heavy, but then again it's arguably the most famous
  • mortmort Frets: 719
    Sorry I messed up 

is 8Ib 14oz 

Spot on - around 9lb is ideal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1846
    roberty said:
    Sorry I messed up 

is 8Ib 14oz 
    If you have to ask it doesn't matter imo, people like lighter ones for comfort so unless the weight is an issue for you I wouldn't worry.  Some famous players prefer the sound of heavier ones.  Peter Green hated Greeny because he found it too heavy, but then again it's arguably the most famous
    Joe Perry’s 59 as played by Slash in the November Rain video is well over 9lbs
  • @Modellista welcome to the club! Guess we're jamming at the end of the month  ;) 
    You mean we're actually supposed to play these?  I thought this was my pension plan :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    Heavy is good.  Heavy is reliable.  If it does not work, you can always hit him with it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just picked up this cracker from the lads at Coda and safe to say im bloody over the moon! Cheers Ryan, Doug & Mark! https://imgur.com/a/C1NeFr1 Forgot how to embed the image 
    That’s a nice 59
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    edited September 2018
    -
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    One left crikey that was quick!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom