Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Just played a Suhr Standard

What's Hot

Comments

• I knew you’d come around eventually ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited September 2018
    Yep, the Suhr has taken over as my fave. It's a real player's guitar (which is what the guy in the shop said).
    I'd love another... just... which!? Too many options.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What woods are on the one you posted? 
  • I’m still shocked at how much of an impact the Alt T Pro has had on me...

Now, a bit of background. I dont like new guitars (nor new shoes for that). They just look artificial to me somehow... and I love relics. Feel worn in, broken in, soft to the touch etc etc

Nor do I like modern guitars. Andersons, PRS, Gibson LPs, nothing pointy and it must look old school cool ! Dont like the Suhr head, hate the PRS head...

So, for me to buy the Suhr is amazing, and Im suprised at myself. But man alive, it is THE best guitar Ive played and owned. Why ? 

1.)Well, the neck feels worn in somehow, and is a delight to play. 

2.)The bloody thing NEVER goes out of tune. Ever.

3.) The pick ups are perfect. They somehow are so touch sensitive, that I can play heavy break up to almost acoustic just by touch.

4.) Every sound seems to be in there.

5.) That red n white looks the bollocks !!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Must be weird going all in digital and all in modern Suhr, mate...very cool transition indeed!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7004
    edited September 2018
    Nah, black and tort is where it’s at!

http://i.imgur.com/5AZDccz.jpg

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I never really had an issue with the headstock but I can sort of see where folk are coming from with that. 

Those teles look great and @Wazmeister I hear you, buddy - I really hear you on all those points...

• What woods are on the one you posted? 
    That's a basswood body, burl maple top and one piece Cocobolo neck/board.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    edited September 2018
    Holy shiiiiiit. 
    I would love to try that one day. Custom order I assume. I quite like Pau Ferro for fingerboards.
  • Here's my Exotic Standard in Fireburst over a burl top

That is truly beautiful 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8565
    I’m still not a fan of the blingy Suhrs, love my Alt T, warming to the more traditional Classics.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Why has no one chipped in yet to inform us all that they are "sterile"?
    I thought that was mandatory in the first 10 posts?

;-)

Mine is great, never goes out of tune, the pickups are the only Humbuckers I have had that split convincingly to single coil
    Also the hidden treasure: the chamber makes it light, and it picks up acoustic feedback very easily when you want it to
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Great. Now I want a Suhr
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    ennspek said:
    Great. Now I want a Suhr
    Yep! 
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    I have had some very nice guitars and have pretty much settled on Suhrs as my guide for quality

Love my GuitarGuitar Select Tele - looking for a Classic S style now - selling my Guthrie Charvel as I think they are that good and I don't play it much now as I don't want to put the Tele down :)  - I played the 2 Andy Wood Tele's and the HH one is stunning (Thornbuckers are fantastic pickups). Never liked Standards or Moderns altho I have played a few friends ones and they are still really nice.

As a point of customer service - my friend had a custom after a few years he noticed a little blemish under the coating and emailed them - they took it back, stripped it and then refinished it in a different finish as it had not been available at the time - no extra cost!

Some of their annual collection guitars are silly money but you can pick up a stunning Strat/Tele foo £1500+. For me they have the modern stuff like locking tuners and great trems - that's the 2 things that annoy me about a Fender - they never seem to stay in tune.

Also their most common neck is the Modern C and I just love that profile. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is the modern C the same as elliptical?

That's a nice tele colour. I knew you'd like that more than the Charvel ;) Are you still banding it?

I keep hearing Thornbuckers are great - I need to try them.

That's great customer service. Remember they replaced the neck on mine due to a green tint on the maple...? At no cost? And I bought it used!

• Can't wait to see what you buy :D
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 792
    Vaiai said:
    . For me they have the modern stuff like locking tuners and great trems - that's the 2 things that annoy me about a Fender - they never seem to stay in tune.

I'm no fender fanboy but each of the strats & tele's i've had (usa) have been very stable tuning wise, in fairness both of the strats were 'plus' s and had sperzels.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I've tried a couple, both were beautifully made. I preferred the Classic HSS to the Modern that I tried. But the build and fit and finish were impeccable. 
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 954
    Vaiai said:
    I have had some very nice guitars and have pretty much settled on Suhrs as my guide for quality

Love my GuitarGuitar Select Tele - looking for a Classic S style now - selling my Guthrie Charvel as I think they are that good and I don't play it much now as I don't want to put the Tele down :)  - I played the 2 Andy Wood Tele's and the HH one is stunning (Thornbuckers are fantastic pickups). Never liked Standards or Moderns altho I have played a few friends ones and they are still really nice.

As a point of customer service - my friend had a custom after a few years he noticed a little blemish under the coating and emailed them - they took it back, stripped it and then refinished it in a different finish as it had not been available at the time - no extra cost!

Some of their annual collection guitars are silly money but you can pick up a stunning Strat/Tele foo £1500+. For me they have the modern stuff like locking tuners and great trems - that's the 2 things that annoy me about a Fender - they never seem to stay in tune.

Also their most common neck is the Modern C and I just love that profile. 

gordiji said:
    Vaiai said:
    . For me they have the modern stuff like locking tuners and great trems - that's the 2 things that annoy me about a Fender - they never seem to stay in tune.

I'm no fender fanboy but each of the strats & tele's i've had (usa) have been very stable tuning wise, in fairness both of the strats were 'plus' s and had sperzels.
    Yeah, my Mexican standard Tele from 2003 has never had an issue with tuning, even with standard tuners and bridge etc. 

That being said, the Suhr Tele in the pic looks stunning in every sense. The fretboard is begging me to play it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs