Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitar Guitar R9 sale - Anyone getting excited about these

What's Hot

Comments

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1425
    Will put up more pics later. GG down to 13 now, and that dodgy washed cherry has sold again. Sweepstake on it coming back? 6 days I reckon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello to all,
    I'm thinking of getting one of the remaining R9s from GG, but I'm pretty remote from any of their shops. I've spoken to them over chat to see if they would cover the cost of the courier return trip if I get a dud, but they seem reluctant to commit. Anyone had any experience returning them? I'm concerned as I've been quoted near on £100 to send the guitar back fully insured if it comes to that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2018
    If you use UK Mail you can send a guitar for around £20 with £1000 insurance. I just take the risk on the difference in value and never had a problem. There’s no alternative unfortunately. You as buyer are liable for return shipping costs. 
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    edited October 2018
    I returned one bought via mail order but I gambled and set it back uninsured via UPS and it only cost me £21...
  • Most shops will arrange collection and charge you only £15-25 off the refund balance

Andertons have just arranged collection of an item from me for next week and only costing me £15.

Would cost me around the same to send it myself but as they’re organising things it’s all on their head if it gets damaged or lost on the way back. 
    More R9 washed cherry photos @terada ;

https://imgur.com/gallery/oEhMNE5
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    hyperben said:

Thanks - that is gorgeous 
    terada said:
    hyperben said:

Thanks - that is gorgeous 
    Thanks. It’s easily the best of the bunch and has tone you would probably describe as ridiculous! Also a really comfortable 8lbs 7oz. 
    Most shops will arrange collection and charge you only £15-25 off the refund balance
    Not sure about "most".  Some do, but I've found most expect the return to be sorted by you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Twinfan said:
    Most shops will arrange collection and charge you only £15-25 off the refund balance
    Not sure about "most".  Some do, but I've found most expect the return to be sorted by you.
    Kenny’s collected one I returned for £14.99! They still have 2 R9s for sale too, so maybe you could buy one from them?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2338
    TheKapt said:
    Hello to all,
    I'm thinking of getting one of the remaining R9s from GG, but I'm pretty remote from any of their shops. I've spoken to them over chat to see if they would cover the cost of the courier return trip if I get a dud, but they seem reluctant to commit. Anyone had any experience returning them? I'm concerned as I've been quoted near on £100 to send the guitar back fully insured if it comes to that!
    If there are QC faults or scratches etc then you can ask them pick it up. 
  • Twinfan said:
    I’ve never come across any problems and I’ve Used Andertons, GAK, GG and Richtone with no issues at all as they are charging you for it 
    Fair enough - didn't know they could all arrange a return  :)
  • Thanks for all the replies, I've bitten the bullet. Hopefully it's a good one (I imagine most of them are!)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited October 2018
    Twinfan said:
    Fair enough - didn't know they could all arrange a return 
    I’m sure it’s at their discretion still but they’ve always been good with my returns. 

edited October 2018
    R9 numbers really starting to dwindle now. Only 10 at GG and 2 at Kennys, and that appears to be it! No doubt there’ll be returns, but they have sold remarkably quickly!
    Yep, over 60 for sale a month ago!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    I said it before and I’ll say it again - the R9s are still bargains no matter how you spin it. It’s just that the R8s were “ultra” bargains by comparison. Not surprised they’re virtually gone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    ^ true dat
  • teradaterada Frets: 5114
    edited October 2018
    Whitecat said:
    I said it before and I’ll say it again - the R9s are still bargains no matter how you spin it. It’s just that the R8s were “ultra” bargains by comparison. Not surprised they’re virtually gone. 
    Wiz'd. In a few years I'd be very surprised if the second hand price wasn't higher.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom