Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

You have £1000 to spend on a guitar.

What's Hot

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    I'd save it for 6 months and buy a 2nd hand r8, I hear there's a glut of them on the market.

What...  For £1000...   Dream on... 

:P

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12340
    If I could only have one guitar at £1000 I would buy the nicest second hand 335 I could find and be happy ever after

Good choice but I reckon it would be a struggle to find a 335 for that, maybe with a neck repair, of course other 335s are available for a grand SH that will be as good if not better than a Gibbo.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    If I could only have one guitar at £1000 I would buy the nicest second hand 335 I could find and be happy ever after

Good choice but I reckon it would be a struggle to find a 335 for that, maybe with a neck repair, of course other 335s are available for a grand SH that will be as good if not better than a Gibbo.
    S/H Yamaha SA2200
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    @keithf PRS CE - pretty much the perfect guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    For a grand I'd get Gordon Smith to build me a nice GS2
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Second-hand prs custom 22 if you hang around enough. Or a jap tokai es model.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5275
    edited September 2018
    buy this one!   Great guitar for £2350 let alone the £995 delivered...if i wasnt selling it i would buy it in a heartbeat

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139850/for-sale-k-line-springfield-strat-in-ice-blue-lollar-dirty-blondes-995-ppg-delivered

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Ibanez Jem BSB,

In the classifieds and has been for quite a while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited September 2018
    New Old Stock Tokai Love Rock Gold Top P90 (japan model) but would have to add a little towards it probbo

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • Quality first, quantity second; doesn't matter what it costs. Get the best guitar you can within the £1k budget, and then - if funds allow - get another one if you fancy it.

It's possible that the best guitar you can find might be £300, don't forget. Quality isn't always related to price.
    <space for hire>
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    The K-Line Strat for sale on here
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    57Deluxe said:
    New Old Stock Tokai Love Rock Gold Top P90 (japan model) but would have to add a little towards it probbo

I'd have one of these too. But I wouldn't want to pay more than 1k.
  • I'd go for a PRS Vela any day of the week.  I've got a reclaimed series one and I absolutely love it.  I'd really like to try one of the standard non-satin versions.

• I wonder what £1000 now would have been worth back in 1959? 
  • This is tough, on the secondhand market you can get very good guitars for £500, but the question is whether the £1000 guitar is £500 better.

If it was me I'd get a Revstar RS820CR (probably around £5-600 secondhand) and spend the rest on the best LP Junior or Esquire type guitar you can get for the change. 
  • I think you can get a hell of a lot of guitar for 500 quid second hand. Baja Teles all day at that price, even the odd USA made Fender. I'd give a special mention to the Shergold Masquerader reissues, they're not even close to the 'vintage' spec but absolutely quality instruments for the money, with some really versatile options. Feels like a premium guitar for a decent price used or on a deal.  
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    I’d quite fancy an Ed OBrien Strat for under £1k, bit of a bargain guitar all round  
  • A used Duesenberg could be a good option.