Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Favourite MTV unplugged???

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Alice In Chains
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alice in Chains, amazing production on that one.  
  • Neil said:
    Neil Young without doubt - fantastic!
    Yep

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited September 2018
    BGG said:
    Pearl Jam

I'm a huge pearl jam fan but unplugged was just a bit too safe for me, it literally was just acoustic versions of their songs.

I think AIC, Clapton and Nirvana brought more to the table, cover versions, stripped down versions etc Lane's vocals were so perfect, dingy,down and dirty but absolutely perfect.

From memory REM unplugged was also pretty spectacular.
  • underdog said:
    BGG said:
    Pearl Jam

I'm a huge pearl jam fan but unplugged was just a bit too safe for me, it literally was just acoustic versions of their songs.

I think AIC, Clapton and Nirvana brought more to the table, cover versions, stripped down versions etc Lane's vocals were so perfect, dingy,down and dirty but absolutely perfect.

From memory REM unplugged was also pretty spectacular.
    Possibly to safe but the version of Black is spectacularly good 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72376
    Shakira

No, not really - it was quite early on in her career and she hadn't written her best songs at that point. I've got the album but it's not outstanding.

Maná were pretty good though, if you like that sort of thing. (I should point out I don't speak Spanish, I just like the music!)

Clapton and 10,000 Maniacs were both also very good.

I've really, really tried to like Nirvana, and had the album twice, but I just... don't. Sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5169
    I think I’ve only ever heard Nirvana and Clapton unplugged.... I didn’t realise there were so many.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    LuttiS said:
    Korn was great.. 

Kind of seems you must be being sarcastic but if not I'm open to hearing it!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3907
    I've watched the Pearl Jam one more times than I could ever remember so it's that one.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    thegummy said:
    LuttiS said:
    Korn was great.. 

Sarcasm is my usual go to emotion.

But in this case it genuinely was a good set. Think they did a song with Amy Lee. Never was a big fan of Korn, but unplugged made me realise there is actually a lot more to them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Was a simple Nirvana for me. Then I read the thread and found Queensryche had done one which I didn't know about and had never seen. Quick youtube later ...Geoff Tate .. just wow.
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    Another vote for Alice in Chains, crazy good acoustic set from a heavy rock act
  • Alice in chains, without question. An extraordinary performance.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Not a fan of the Unplugged ethos. As in take a classic song, slow it down and tear the arse out of it !
    The oft cited acoustic rework of Layla ?
    Utter plodding bobbins compared to the high octane delivery of the original !
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    LuttiS said:
    thegummy said:
    LuttiS said:
    Korn was great.. 

Sarcasm is my usual go to emotion.

But in this case it genuinely was a good set. Think they did a song with Amy Lee. Never was a big fan of Korn, but unplugged made me realise there is actually a lot more to them.
     Checked out the song with Amy Lee. Not a fan sorry, just don't think it works at all. Her singing was the only thing that sounded good to me lol
  • stickersticker Frets: 869

always liked the Paul McCartney unplugged , he had a great band at the time (Hamish Stuart, Robbie Mckintosh , Blair Cunningham, Wix Wickens and ...ahem Linda) and it was a good mix of tunes that inspired him and some lesser heard Macca stuff and Beatles classics .

• longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    Agree, McCartney Unplugged is really good.