Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Overdrives that also work into clean amps

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    edited September 2013
    +1 on the bad monkey being very underrated

the screamin blues is pretty nice, too. Nice to have a transparentish option with tons of level boost available on the cheap too. Might be a bit bright into a twin-type amp set clean, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Visual Sound Jeckyl and Hyde?

You still get the bass boost on the OD side.  Hyde into clean amp for the distortion.  Cheap and simples!

• Megii said:
    Hope it's not hi-jacking the thread to much if I also ask what people think are the best pedals for use just with a totally clean (solid-state) amp, and getting a smooth liquid kind of lead tone?

My band mate has a Yamaha 100w 2x12 tranny amp and the drive channel sounds pants so he borrowed my Analogman silver mod TS9 and it sounded great - so much so that I had to nick it back off him sharpish. He's now got a Visual Sound TS9 copy and sounds good with that too.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    Megii said:
    Hope it's not hi-jacking the thread to much if I also ask what people think are the best pedals for use just with a totally clean (solid-state) amp, and getting a smooth liquid kind of lead tone?

My band mate has a Yamaha 100w 2x12 tranny amp and the drive channel sounds pants
    I've got one of those (a B100-212, I assume his is something like that), and the onboard distortion is actually OK... through different speakers. The stock ones are much too hi-fi and sound nice clean but dreadful with distortion. The ones in mine were knackered so I put some Jensen Mod 70s in it and it sounds far better, especially if you crank it up a bit.

It's never going to be 'smooth' or 'liquid' though...

(Which to me is a good thing! But not what he wants to hear I suppose... ;) )

It is for sale too, if anyone who has been reading the Epic Fal thread wants it!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Bogner blue and red at great into a clean amp but also work well into an crunchy amp as well. I tend to find most pedals go well into a crunchy amp but finding that dirt into clean is more problematic. The mojo hand rook and rook royale offer a completely different palette to the bogners but also go great into both a clean and overdriven amp. At the moment the rooks are my go to pedals.