Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

HX Stomp

What's Hot

Comments

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited November 2018
    I love my Helix... Dead easy to use.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    edited November 2018
    ...and PMT Manchester credited me down to the Black Friday price even though it was bought the afternoon before. Credit to PMT. Happy customer here.
  • FiftyshadesofjayFiftyshadesofjay Frets: 1428
    edited November 2018
    Ordered mine from PMT the other day, just got a message it’s out of stock 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    @Fiftyshadesofjay - I was in PMT Birmingham to collect my Stomp today and they have one in a box on the Line 6 display. It looks like it has been opened (and they did tell me on Saturday that they have one that they showed to a customer so broke the seal) but should still be available and may be worth a shout if you originally ordered during the BF sale?
  • TADodger said:
    @Fiftyshadesofjay - I was in PMT Birmingham to collect my Stomp today and they have one in a box on the Line 6 display. It looks like it has been opened (and they did tell me on Saturday that they have one that they showed to a customer so broke the seal) but should still be available and may be worth a shout if you originally ordered during the BF sale?
    Cheers man, yes I did order during the sale so I’ll give them a shout. Failing that they said next delivery was 18th December.
  • Ben said:
    Ben said:
    To anyone that has the Helix Floor / LT and now the Stomp. Is there still a delay in changing between presets at all? And if there is, is it any shorter than it was on the Floor / LT?
    Ben, no delay at all on any Helix if you use Snapshots
    What about in Presets mode? With my Helix Floor there's a significant delay/gap when changing presets.

Was wondering, as the Stomp only has a 6-block path, if that had improved at all... as I also used to have the Atomic Amplifire (which had a set number path as well) and had zero delay/gap when changing presets.
    Why use presets when you can snap shot ? Just my thinkin...
  • Well, my Stomp will be returned back to Guitar Guitar.

Love the Helix routing, like the FX, but still think the amps are way behind the Kemper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Love the Helix routing, like the FX, but still think the amps are way behind the Kemper.
    With respect I would advise potentially interested buyers not to pay much heed to the views of people who try and return within a day or two. Kemper is obviously excellent sounding but (by this firmware) it's a case of which do you prefer- probably the one you're most used to- and not that one is "way behind" the other
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 665
    edited November 2018
    Well, my Stomp will be returned back to Guitar Guitar.

Hey Waz, were you just using the stock amps/cab's etc as opposed to trying out some IR's and other patches? (even though I know a few people do love the stock sounds just as much, I was just curious)

With respect I would advise potentially interested buyers not to pay much heed to the views of people who try and return within a day or two. Kemper is obviously excellent sounding but (by this firmware) it's a case of which do you prefer- probably the one you're most used to- and not that one is "way behind" the other
    With respect mate, do me a favour...

Ive owned Helix floor (twice), HX effects, LT and Stomp.

It is “way behind” Kemper on amps, imho, and not based on a “day or two”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited November 2018

Well, my Stomp will be returned back to Guitar Guitar.

Hey Waz, were you just using the stock amps/cab's etc as opposed to trying out some IR's and other patches? (even though I know a few people do love the stock sounds just as much, I was just curious)
    Hiya mate, hope all is grand !

No, stock amp models, making my own patches...

Dont get me wrong, I love the Helix stuff and there is just something so creative about loading and creating your own presets. Never tried IRs at all.

The Stomp is cracking value, but mainly scores on size (space saving for your board) imho. Id personally buy a Floor if I was moving this way again.

As ypu know, Im fortunate to have owned some cracking amps, and for me (again ymmv), the Helix just falls short in this field... unless Ive missed some super tweak in the past few years.

The Helix amp sounds are mainly a bit generic for me; the Kemper chimes and blooms like a real un...

Again, ymmv

With respect mate, do me a favour...

Ive owned Helix floor (twice), HX effects, LT and Stomp.

It is “way behind” Kemper on amps, imho, and not based on a “day or two”
    Ok I'm sorry you don't sound good through Helix. Buying a bunch of gear and sending it back because you sound bad doesn't make you an authority on much other than online returns policy 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jees this is getting a bit personal over a pedal that digitally provides amps, cabs and effects! 

If a user has tried all of the Helix models, states the positives, then tries the latest version, and continues to hold an opinion that the Helix amp models aren't up to the standard of Kemper, I think I'd be happy to accept his opinion! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Hey, it’s just opinion... and that shouldn’t be confused with fact. I have both Helix and Kemper and they’re both worthy additions to my musical arsenal, although I use Helix far more than I do the Kemper. All of this stuff can be made to sound stellar as much as it can, very easily, be made to sound shite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Back on topic, I’m loving my Stomp. Transferring some of my patches over from Helix whilst observing the six block maximum has proved challenging, but, it’s made me focus more on the stock cabs and I finally think I might be getting somewhere with them. It’s been quite liberating really as I’ve been stripping out some blocks that I perhaps didn’t need in the first place. I’m planning to try and have it gig ready in a week or so.
  • Jees this is getting a bit personal over a pedal that digitally provides amps, cabs and effects! 

If a user has tried all of the Helix models, states the positives, then tries the latest version, and continues to hold an opinion that the Helix amp models aren't up to the standard of Kemper, I think I'd be happy to accept his opinion! 
    I'm completely open to someone's opinion, he's stating it as fact and I am not a fan of anyone  belittling one of the big modellers over and other. He's not the only person in this thread to have owned a bunch of high end modellers but we just don't use the fact as a shield from which to chuck rocks from behind

I've been listening to Waz bashing Helix for about 2 years now, I really wonder where he gets the energy
  • With the 6 block maximum, if you run 2 separate amps (for clean and distortion) does that have any noticeable impact on the remaining amount of DSP for other FX blocks? 

I'm completely open to someone's opinion, he's stating it as fact and I am not a fan of anyone  belittling one of the big modellers over and other. He's not the only person in this thread to have owned a bunch of high end modellers but we just don't use the fact as a shield from which to chuck rocks from behind

I've been listening to Waz bashing Helix for about 2 years now, I really wonder where he gets the energy
    I don't use anything as a shield; don't need to. And why would I keep buying Helix stuff if Ive bashed them for 2 years ???

My objection is indeed to the "belittling"... quote - "With respect I would advise potentially interested buyers not to pay much heed to the views of people who try and return within a day or two"

AnywayI'm not even going to get embroiled in all this... but duly noted for future reference...
    With the 6 block maximum, if you run 2 separate amps (for clean and distortion) does that have any noticeable impact on the remaining amount of DSP for other FX blocks? 
    That would probably depend on which amps you chose... some are definitely more DSP intensive that others. I’ll try a few scenarios later when I get a minute.
  • With the 6 block maximum, if you run 2 separate amps (for clean and distortion) does that have any noticeable impact on the remaining amount of DSP for other FX blocks? 
    In my tests,  I did try to max out the DSP and in fairness, it never happened...

The 6 blocks has been (strangely imho) criticised, but one unexpected by product, is that it really makes you think about how you construct your presets and what you actually need.

Being positive (!!!), in all, an incredible device for the money and size.