Confused...help please!

What's Hot
I've read the rules, introduced myself, posted and even requested to have access to the classifieds but no response. Can someone explain

TIA
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28936
    You read TTony's post, right? The one where he says you have to get involved with the community before requesting access?

I'd suggest that just 4 posts doesn't qualify as getting involved. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So what does?
    Thanks
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16304
    From looking at that Discussion I’d guess @TTony ; accidentally over looked you as he didn’t comment ( similar for someone else as well) either way. 

smurfitt said:
    So what does?
    Thanks
    It isn’t clear but in days of yore some folk would only ever use the classifieds and not contribute elsewhere ( which I’m fine with but I don’t make the decisions [ or contribute anything else outside of my specialness]). So, not that...

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    smurfitt said:
    So what does?
    Thanks
    It says in his post. Which you say you read. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27803
    From looking at that Discussion I’d guess @TTony ; accidentally over looked you as he didn’t comment ( similar for someone else as well) either way. 

Nope Eric, nothing and no-one overlooked
    :)

The explanatory post about Classifieds access for new members is pretty clear, IMHO ...
    TTony said:

Read the first post in this thread, and the threads that it links to.  Introduce yourself.  Join in the other discussions.  Get to know people here, and get to be known by them.  People will always be happier and more confident buying from someone who's taken the time to join the community rather than a stranger who appears only to have joined to  sell something.

Once you've done that, request access to the Classifieds by posting on the thread here.
    ... but I've added a bit of bolding to make it even clearer.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16304
    I was wrong then; I guess people are looking for something a bit more quantifiable. 
    As you were. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Sorry guys but it doesnt state how many discussions i have to be involved in. Much as I appreciate people may have confidence in those who are chatting on here regularly, it doesnt mean they are more trustworthy. I work in the criminal justice system and the worst crooks are those who come across as geniune and gain others confidence to commit fraud and rob them of their life savings. Unfortunately some of us simply don't have time to spend on websites chatting very often. I joined in 2014 when playing guitar but switched to bass soon after so there was no point in coming on here. Just started back on guitar so Ive returned as I am after an SG. Anyone wants a reference then basschat members can verify I'm genuine as I've bought and sold on there many times. If thats not good enough then it's not a problem for me to use other sites or just buy new.
    Thanks
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27803
    smurfitt said:
    Unfortunately some of us simply don't have time to spend on websites chatting very often.
    That's fine, but I think you've just answered your own question.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • So in actual fact this is just a site that offers access to classifieds only if you talk to people first?
    Wow ! What's the next step. You can only sell or buy if you give x amount of hugs beforehand? Lol
    See I have a wicked sense of humour as well as being a muso and genuine person.
    I'll be off for good to save you wasting time deleting me so it doesnt encroach on all that chatting you need to do to prove how wonderful you are.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    smurfitt said:

See I have a wicked sense of humour
    Citation needed. 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Xsmurfitt. As you were chaps.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1037
    edited October 2018
    smurfitt said:
    So in actual fact this is just a site that offers access to classifieds only if you talk to people first?
    Wow ! What's the next step. You can only sell or buy if you give x amount of hugs beforehand? Lol
    See I have a wicked sense of humour as well as being a muso and genuine person.
    I'll be off for good to save you wasting time deleting me so it doesnt encroach on all that chatting you need to do to prove how wonderful you are.
    You do seem to have failed on all counts there - do you ever feel life owes you?
  • smurfitt said:
    I've read the rules, introduced myself, posted and even requested to have access to the classifieds but no response. Can someone explain

TIA
    I’ve just joined the forum but it won’t allow me to post into any of the categories. I’d appreciate if someone could help or advise me on where I may be going wrong. Thanks 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hhawkins said:
    smurfitt said:

TIA
    I’ve just joined the forum but it won’t allow me to post into any of the categories. I’d appreciate if someone could help or advise me on where I may be going wrong. Thanks 
    Welcome - you should be able to post to the forums except the classifieds @hhawkins - is that not the case?
  • hhawkins said:
    smurfitt said:

TIA
    Welcome - you should be able to post to the forums except the classifieds @hhawkins - is that not the case?
    Nope, it won’t let me post into anything. I’m getting this message when I try to post:

Parsererror (SyntaxError: JSON Parse error:
    Unrecognized token ‘<’)
  • hhawkins said:
    hhawkins said:
    smurfitt said:

TIA
    Nope, it won’t let me post into anything. I’m getting this message when I try to post:

Parsererror (SyntaxError: JSON Parse error:
    Unrecognized token ‘<’)
    Just ignore that. It should still work - that's just an error from the search.
    <space for hire>
  • So am I right I’m saying that if I want to start a new thread I would click ‘new discussion’ and then select the category and then start tying about a topic? Also, do you have to request to post in classifieds? Thanks. 
  • hhawkins said:
    So am I right I’m saying that if I want to start a new thread I would click ‘new discussion’ and then select the category and then start tying about a topic? Also, do you have to request to post in classifieds? Thanks. 
    Yes, and yes. As noted earlier, the classifieds are there for the benefit of the community, so we tend to expect a decent amount of community involvement from people before granting access to create classifieds threads :)
    <space for hire>
  • hhawkins said:
    So am I right I’m saying that if I want to start a new thread I would click ‘new discussion’ and then select the category and then start tying about a topic? Also, do you have to request to post in classifieds? Thanks. 
    Yes, and yes. As noted earlier, the classifieds are there for the benefit of the community, so we tend to expect a decent amount of community involvement from people before granting access to create classifieds threads :)
    Ok thanks. After reasonable contribution to the community, do you need to contact someone to grant you access to classifieds?