Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Essex studio

What's Hot
After reading about this guy, I thought what a douche.
Don't mind people making a few bucks here and there but to way over inflat price and make up stories on history is another thing! 

Any way I have a Gibson studio I'm selling and has a buy it now at £625 ( only for eBay as I would quite happily take £525 from a fretboarder) but has offers on it!! Essex guy has made an offer of £250!!! 

Wonder how much he would try to sell it for or which rock star it came from etc! 
5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6907
    Haha what a knob!

Just a thought...

Why don’t you adjust your preferences so people can’t make silly offers?

Set it to automatically decline anything less than £450 maybe?

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have now. Was wondering if I would get a message saying why his offer is best 
  • What a sad individual he must be. Trawling eBay constantly making silly offers in the hope that someone is desperate enough to accept. I bet on the rare occasions that they do accept, he then feels like a “winner”. Pathetic really.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3458
    Look at this piece of junk he's selling - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-RG-Prestige-Custom-Tour-Guitar-Owned-by-Endorsed-Grammy-Nominated-Artist/183477076698
    By the way, that's not a prestige at all. It's Made in Indonesia, with the crappiest in-house pickups Ibanez makes and probably the worst Edge tremolo they ever done which is the Edge III. It says the model name on the headstock so it's like I'm making it up. Full spec here - http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG5EX1
    This is a £200 OBO guitar on gumtree, not a 4 figure guitar.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    He did a bit better with me - £500 on a £785 advertised price. It was politely declined. 
    Call me Dave.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12412
    carlos said:
    Look at this piece of junk he's selling - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ibanez-RG-Prestige-Custom-Tour-Guitar-Owned-by-Endorsed-Grammy-Nominated-Artist/183477076698
    By the way, that's not a prestige at all. It's Made in Indonesia, with the crappiest in-house pickups Ibanez makes and probably the worst Edge tremolo they ever done which is the Edge III. It says the model name on the headstock so it's like I'm making it up. Full spec here - http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG5EX1
    This is a £200 OBO guitar on gumtree, not a 4 figure guitar.
    To be fair he says in the description that the neck was swapped for the cheaper Indonesian one and the pickups aren’t the originals. He’s still overpriced it massively though. 
  • I feel a bit offended that he hasn't sent me a silly offer for my Jackson, tbh!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Think we should put silly offers on his guitars 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11626
    tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    edited November 2018
    I wonder if he has a mate who owns a studio so he can go in there, take some photo's of the guitars in a studio setting and subliminally people think they're worth paying the kind of money he's asking as they're "professional grade" instruments.  Not saying they aren't pro grade but I do think being in their "natural habitat" might swing some buyers.

Just reading his reverb feedback: "The buyer was a 0 feedback member using a fake Chinese name for his Reverb profile. He states I "refused to talk to him" and yet we had multiple phone calls about this guitar. This buyer got increasingly awkward, abusive and refused to accept any information given to him. He decided to start stalking me online and calling my home dozens of times a day from blocked numbers. It got so out of hand his local police force took action against him. Buyer reported to Reverb, feedback being removed"

Sounds like he's from the Donald Trump school conflict resolution.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Arktik83 said:
    I wonder if he has a mate who owns a studio so he can go in there, take some photo's of the guitars in a studio setting and subliminally people think they're worth paying the kind of money he's asking as they're "professional grade" instruments.  Not saying they aren't pro grade but I do think being in their "natural habitat" might swing some buyers.
    https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/pages/about-us

• dbphoto said:
    Arktik83 said:

I think this guy has already proved capable of some of the most tenuous, brass bollock claims...but that one there takes the biscuit!

I might put in a call asking them to mix my latest tracks for me. I'll be sure to ask for a direct dial / mobile number where I can ring at 2am because inspiration has struck and I need to record right then. 

This bloke is more Del boy than a Trotter! 

What a prick!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • horsehorse Frets: 1583
    dbphoto said:
    Arktik83 said:

It seems funny given some of the bollocks that the biggest success listed is "produce and record one of BBC Essex Introducing's top 12 tracks for 2017 that later went on to be played on Radio 2"

I mean, I'd be pleased with that myself, but then again I haven't "
    assembled the largest collection of premium gear in any UK studio"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I feel a bit offended that he hasn't sent me a silly offer for my Jackson, tbh!
    I'm unoffended - he's just made me two offers! I've got it listed on eBay for £440, to cover the fees etc. First offer was £300, I declined that, and then got another offer of £350 a few seconds later. Declined that one too...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Had an ESP Eclipse up for sale for £800, he offered £650 and I accepted.  I've got rid of a guitar I didn't want and have £650, he's got the guitar up for sale at a big mark-up but so far hasn't  sold it.  No problem at all with his business model, like 'we buy any car' for guitars, he doesn't force anyone to sell to him
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Sold him a snakebyte a few months ago, he has put it up for twice what i sold it him for. Also its not described in the condition its in.

Listed as mint but has quite a few player marks and swirls in the finish

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_A said:
    Had an ESP Eclipse up for sale for £800, he offered £650 and I accepted.  I've got rid of a guitar I didn't want and have £650, he's got the guitar up for sale at a big mark-up but so far hasn't  sold it.  No problem at all with his business model, like 'we buy any car' for guitars, he doesn't force anyone to sell to him
    That's fine but he seems to then be lying about condition etc when selling them on.
  • I have a grand scheme hatching, where we rebadge a load of shit Berringer pedals with Vertex stickers, then sell them to this bell end and watch the fallout. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horse said:
     It seems funny given some of the bollocks that the biggest success listed is "produce and record one of BBC Essex Introducing's top 12 tracks for 2017 that later went on to be played on Radio 2"

Damned by faint praise, or what? :)

That's like those ads for dire Sci-Fi shite conventions where they've managed to blag some bloke who was once the third alien from the left in a 1976 episode of Space 1999.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 995
    https://www.essexrecordingstudios.com/pages/services

“MIXING: £150 per track - All mixing performed by world class engineer James Curtis-Thomas

MASTERING: £50 per track - All mastering performed by world class engineer James Curtis-Thomas”

I had to Google him, as I’d never heard of James Curtis-Thomas before