Cafe Rouge

What's Hot

Comments

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    ^ There has been a lot of scandal over here when it was discovered that a lot of expensive 'chef' restaurants were found to be using bought in pre prepared food.  Main dishes, not just veggies etc. French food is definitely overrated and really not worth the bother.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Have you failed to realise that it all comes out of a plastic bag?
    No because as I mentioned I used to work in a Cafe Rouge so I know exactly how the food is made. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Cafe rouge is shit, overpriced shit from an era before service and quality were attributes known to the common man. Pizza express is to Cirrus in his 20s what Pizza Hut was to cirrus in his teens so it's all good for me. Prezzo has always been good for me, no complaints there.
  • Drew_fx said:
    I lived there when I was a kid. Got hit by a car. School was shit.
    Really after being run over you should have taken the day off school.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Drew_fx said:
    I lived there when I was a kid. Got hit by a car. School was shit.
    Really after being run over you should have taken the day off school.
    In soft London yeah but in Grimsby - no. You would get beaten up for being a poof.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    No because as I mentioned I used to work in a Cafe Rouge so I know exactly how the food is made. 

I mention this because the missus used to work in a reasonably posh motel, where even the breakfast omelettes came in in bags. You could have a tomato omelette, as they were the ones supplied, but not a plain one, as there were no eggs on the premises, and no-one to cook them even if there were!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    I mention this because the missus used to work in a reasonably posh motel,
    In Margate? Posh?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

tFB Trader

I mention this because the missus used to work in a reasonably posh motel, where even the breakfast omelettes came in in bags. You could have a tomato omelette, as they were the ones supplied, but not a plain one, as there were no eggs on the premises, and no-one to cook them even if there were!
    Cafe Rouge isn't like that. 

Most of the food made made up fresh with certain disappointing things like use of packet mash. 
    The main problem was just that the food was overpriced and it wasn't clear from the menu that the main courses didn't come with anything so for example if you ordered salmon you just got a piece of salmon and had to order veg and potatoes and bread etc separately at your cost.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    I like our local Pizza Express, provided you can avoid the chimps' feeding time (5pm-7pm) - squaky spoilt brat hell !!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    Gosh I never realised life was so hard darn sarf. We've got a Mr. Raja's by us, they do a cheese burger with donner meat on top. Proper lush it is.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It's grim dahn Sarf !

Feedback
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285
    Grimmer in Grimsby.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    No you're right, it is - the seagulls there are mutants, flipping enormous !

Feedback
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Gosh I never realised life was so hard darn sarf. We've got a Mr. Raja's by us, they do a cheese burger with donner meat on top. Proper lush it is.

Well, we gotUncle Franks (Yeah get te smutty jokes out Decker) who does a double cheese burger with 'bab meat. Or a messy burger which is burger, egg, 'bab meat, and a shed load of chilli sauce.

Therefore Cambridge wins.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    But Mr. Raja also does the Donner Kebab Pizza. In your face!

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    And the people here think it is acceptable to crack an egg onto your pizza as it goes into the oven which isn't quite cooked when it gets to the table - right......
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    edited April 2014

Most of the food made made up fresh with certain disappointing things like use of packet mash. 
    The main problem was just that the food was overpriced and it wasn't clear from the menu that the main courses didn't come with anything so for example if you ordered salmon you just got a piece of salmon and had to order veg and potatoes and bread etc separately at your cost.
    I used to go to the one by my old place pretty frequently, and the sides were always included. This was from 2011 onwards. Maybe it's changed?

Fuck Prezzo though, £2.50 for a San Pelligrino and they don't even refrigerate them. First time I went to one we had the worst service ever, got ignored for half hour at a time, complained at got a very apologetic manager and a £20 voucher. Got treated exactly the same the second time!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Richardj said:
    And the people here think it is acceptable to crack an egg onto your pizza as it goes into the oven which isn't quite cooked when it gets to the table - right......
    Yeah I had that in Biarritz, I didn't know where to look when the pizza with a thin pastry crust and barely-cooked egg on top was presented to me.
    tFB Trader

I used to go to the one by my old place pretty frequently, and the sides were always included. This was from 2011 onwards. Maybe it's changed?

Fuck Prezzo though, £2.50 for a San Pelligrino and they don't even refrigerate them. First time I went to one we had the worst service ever, got ignored for half hour at a time, complained at got a very apologetic manager and a £20 voucher. Got treated exactly the same the second time!
    I worked in one in 1998 so I imagine it's changed a lot since. 
    It got a very bad reputation for being overpriced shit and closed down about 6 months after I left. 

I expect your experience with Prezzo is to do with the franchise holder. My local one has excellent service and cold beer, but perhaps it is the exception. Certainly I've found it to be a cut above Ask and Bella Pasta, but again perhaps it's just luck of the draw.
  • Whats so wrong about tupperware for your sandwiches and a thermos flask if you want to eat out?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk