Cafe Rouge

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    I didn't think much of the French take on Japanese food. We went to one cafe, and I had a Katsu curry. Very difficult to fuck up, but somehow they managed it. Was utterly terrible. Like chip pan oil with McDonalds chicken nuggets in it, covered in some Kwik Save mustard.

Blergh.

I went to Tampopo in the Trafford centre a few weeks ago and my Katsu curry tasted like chip shop curry sauce and soggy KFC.

Mind you I can't find a good chippy near me either which is a far bigger crime.
    Blergh.

If you're ever down in London way, let me know, and I will make you a curry that will make your head get juicy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Jalapeno said:
    French cooking is good, if a tad fussy.

French motorway food on the other hand is dire, as bad as the UK was 30yrs ago. 

Still shudder at the burger I had served up - still frozen.
    Yeah the motorway services are shite nowadays. It's a shame because ten or twenty years ago you could quite often find some good food.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whats so wrong about tupperware for your sandwiches and a thermos flask if you want to eat out?
    We're not train spotters?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Whats so wrong about tupperware for your sandwiches and a thermos flask if you want to eat out?
    What's wrong with train spotting?
    My V key is broken
  • Panama_Jack666Panama_Jack666 Frets: 2989
    edited April 2014
    holnrew said:
    Whats so wrong about tupperware for your sandwiches and a thermos flask if you want to eat out?
    What's wrong with train spotting?
    It's a hobby that is directly related to Tupperware and Thermos flasks. And serial killers.

*EDIT* And no I can't substantiate that comment.
  • Drew_fx;220138" said:
    guitarfishbay said:

Drew_fx said:

I didn't think much of the French take on Japanese food. We went to one cafe, and I had a Katsu curry. Very difficult to fuck up, but somehow they managed it. Was utterly terrible. Like chip pan oil with McDonalds chicken nuggets in it, covered in some Kwik Save mustard.

Blergh.

I went to Tampopo in the Trafford centre a few weeks ago and my Katsu curry tasted like chip shop curry sauce and soggy KFC.

Mind you I can't find a good chippy near me either which is a far bigger crime.

Blergh.

If you're ever down in London way, let me know, and I will make you a curry that will make your head get juicy.
    Sounds McTasty!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Of the places I've worked I think it's much easier to get shit food in France better in Italy and even though most people would be surprised I never had a bad meal in Germany even in an airport.