Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

JXG Les Paul - removed for breaking the “No Fakes” rule

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• Twinfan said:
    Nice, thanks for that.

The guitar is a fake and the rules for (not) selling them on here are clear.
    Yet that guitar has been sold previously through the forum with no issues ;) but obviously when folk point out and scream ITS FAKE instead of saying look mate you need to remove that pic, then the moderators have to act. Like I said I thought this was a wee community, all here to help each other, you have proved that is not actually correct. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8740
    mikeyrob73 said:

.. Like I said I thought this was a wee community, all here to help each other, you have proved that is not actually correct. 
    And like I said, the best way to help the community is to flag the problem so that we can protect the forum and it’s owners from legal action.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    mikeyrob73 said:

.. Like I said I thought this was a wee community, all here to help each other, you have proved that is not actually correct. 
    And like I said, the best way to help the community is to flag the problem so that we can protect the forum and it’s owners from legal action.
    Yet the guitar has been sold on here previously? 
    If the OP hadn’t had that pic, or had the chance and the advise to remove that picture would we be having this conversation? I’m not sure we would. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    It's a great community here and I help out and contribute to the forum like most people do. It doesn't mean I have to help someone sell a fake though!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Twinfan said:
    Nice, thanks for that.

The guitar is a fake and the rules for (not) selling them on here are clear.
    The rules don't seem to be that clear. It seems that in certain cases when a member asks if they may have permission to sell a fake, permission is granted with the only caveat being that the logo is not shown in the photos. That's what is causing the confusion.

I think it may be safer if different advice is given in future.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Roland said:
    mikeyrob73 said:

Mikey, we are a community and the mods are part of it, I see you only joined two years ago so maybe you don’t know how the site came into existence. The mods are one of us, they need protecting as much as any one (if not more because without them there is no site), they’re not some corporate shills or the authorities, they’re the reason we’re here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Already had one threat of a cooler so best I say no more on this subject. The Mods have acted correctly, I don’t feel others have. Let’s leave it at that. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • And that's where we'll leave this one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.