Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Sure MUFC fans are disgruntled at their current position

But they should be grateful they are not Blackpool, Luton, Coventry + Portsmouth - Let alone Leeds + Villa 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6391
    All the people citing Ajax as the example should remember all Ajax do is produce great players .... then sell them on !

Tipping point for quite a few MU wilderness years or major rethink (possibly both).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    axisus said:
    munckee said:
    I think you need to keep pogba even if for one year, if he and sanchez go you have no names left to attract anyone else.  Rashford very important to try and keep as well I would think.
    I know what you mean but I can't decide if Pogba is a big part of the problem or not. Sanchez has been woeful, he really has to go - not sure that there will be any takers with that wage bill. Man U are a total mess. They need to reorganise from the ground up. Hopefully today is day 1 of getting down to serious business.
    They can't all go to Real Madrid - Hazard and Pogba - Neymar has suggested he wants to go, plus talk of Mbappe going for over 200 million - It gets to the point that only 2 or 3 clubs have the super bucks to buy such players - And 2 of these MCFC + PSG are pushing fair play to the limit and beyond

All the appropriate big clubs have to do is to say no we won't spend that money and it stops

This model of spend spend spend can't continue

I personally think Pogba wants to win club honours and he knows that it isn't likely to happen at MUFC for a few years - He can see better chances elsewhere - Just my opinion - But if that is the issue then send them on their way - There is a lot to be said about the 'less talented' players like Neville, Irwin, Bruce and co who offer a far better team spirit
    Neymar wants to go to Madrid, but Madrid can't/won't afford his price tag of £200m+, they'd only pay that for Mbappe. 

RM are heavily linked with the striker Luka Jovic instead who looks an incredible prospect, who as a United fan is the kind of striker I'd like MUFC to go for.

I've got no problem with Pogba wanting to leave but it was the way his performances dipped after he announced he wanted to join RM.  It's been pretty clear that Hazard will also leave but he was enough of a professional to still be exceptional on the pitch despite all the speculation. 

For the record City haven't actually gone for an incredibly one of high signing, they're highest is Mahrez at £60m, which is still a huge amount but Liverpool & MUFC have signed two players each more than that, Chelsea one.  However City seem to get a lot of players around the 40m - 50m mark eg Laporte, De Bruyne.  IMO, this is where MUFC fail, some of the players they have bought in this price range have all been disasters eg Fred, Matic.
    tFB Trader
    Jalapeno said:
    All the people citing Ajax as the example should remember all Ajax do is produce great players .... then sell them on !

Tipping point for quite a few MU wilderness years or major rethink (possibly both).
    Yes it is because the players can earn more elsewhere - Ajax earn less for winning their league than Huddersfield do for relegation - A big club in the Premier League, La Liga etc can afford to nurture, then pay more wages when required if they ran a similar model

If big money is the only answer then football will go the way of F1 - 2 teams and maybe this year 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338

But they should be grateful they are not Blackpool, Luton, Coventry + Portsmouth - Let alone Leeds + Villa 
    I'll have you know that Luton have had a double promotion in 2 years! Up into the Championship next season! Nothing wrong with that considering that we spent 5 years in non-league football. Go Luton!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12369

Leave Pompey out of the list, we won the carabao cup and we're currently stuffing up the play offs in our time honoured tradition!

We are solvent and watching cup finals and winning games, withing the last 10 years we had points deduction every season and seemed a sure fight bet for bankruptcy - all good here.
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    axisus said:

I'll have you know that Luton have had a double promotion in 2 years! Up into the Championship next season! Nothing wrong with that considering that we spent 5 years in non-league football. Go Luton!
    I meant it as look what has happened to them over the last 10/20 years - Fans have suffered a lot - Good that they are on the mend

Looks like Bolton will be having to go a similar direction
    edited May 2019 tFB Trader
    munckee said:

Leave Pompey out of the list, we won the carabao cup and we're currently stuffing up the play offs in our time honoured tradition!

We are solvent and watching cup finals and winning games, withing the last 10 years we had points deduction every season and seemed a sure fight bet for bankruptcy - all good here.
    I meant it as look what has happened to them over the last 10/20 years - Fans have suffered a lot - Good that they are on the mend

Looks like Bolton will be having to go a similar direction
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22882

Or Swansea.  Looks like we're about to lose Graham Potter to bloody Brighton. 

Bad enough expecting to lose all the decent players this summer, now the manager looks like going before we even start the summer.  League 1 awaits.

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3496
    Philly_Q said:

Or Swansea.  Looks like we're about to lose Graham Potter to bloody Brighton. 

Bad enough expecting to lose all the decent players this summer, now the manager looks like going before we even start the summer.  League 1 awaits.

The Swans have seemed to sell their best players every season with little intention to replace any of them.  I'm not sure such a plan could last in the long run.  I'm trying to think of what they did with the revenue from Sigurdson etc for buying new players but not much it seems. 

The squad's probably too good to go to League 1, but I can't see them being promoted unless they reverse the trend of selling their best players and not reinvesting. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5273
    the previous owners made millions by building up Swansea, showing good profits then flogged it for 100million
    Gotta resurrect this thread - Sadly the Ole thing is not working. I think that Man U really are going to have to ditch him if we don't beat Newcastle today. They Probably have been this bad in the past, but I can't recall it since I became a fan (82). 

Ideally get rid of Woodward as well, that guy is a big fail. Ole's appointment was clearly a mistake, Woodward should have waited until the end of the season. 

Next manager? Dunno, but we can hardly get worse. Even Rashford has gone backwards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Gotta resurrect this thread - Sadly the Ole thing is not working. I think that Man U really are going to have to ditch him if we don't beat Newcastle today. They Probably have been this bad in the past, but I can't recall it since I became a fan (82). 

Ideally get rid of Woodward as well, that guy is a big fail. Ole's appointment was clearly a mistake, Woodward should have waited until the end of the season. 

Next manager? Dunno, but we can hardly get worse. Even Rashford has gone backwards.
    Tend to agree with you. When the mighty Palace are in the top 4 (we were this morning!) and United are closer to the relegation battle after 8 games... there is something wibbly with the natural order of things. 

Not that I'm complaining. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    We are 2 points off relegation.... not good times
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1949
    There's that gravy again 
  • Cheer up Lads, it's only Liverpool next. 

It's a re-build. For reference check out the 3 sides that Sir Matt built, then Tommy Doc & Sir Alex. Not one of these sides swept anything before them in transition. 

I've seen us relegated, and Champions of Europe.

I'm MUFC. in rain and sunshine. 

Momentum will return, I'll keep cheering the Club on in the meantime. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    I will forever support even if we end up in the Championship (or worse) . Solskjaer is way out of his depth and cant even train the team for the premier league looking at the amount of muscle injuries alone received. We talk about several more transfer windows but what decent player will want to come to this current side and play for Solskjaer you need a manager who makes you better ala Klopp Guardiola etc
  • I reckon there's no point getting rid of OGS unless Ed Woodward goes first. Or at least appoints a Director of Football who can take responsibility for transfers.

Otherwise what happens? another new manager, need to back them in the transfer market, so we waste many more millions on what that manager wants, with Ed still in charge of recruitment, no clear vision for the team going forward, more mismatched players that we've paid over the odds for, maybe a small bump in results before the inevitable downward spiral and another new manager in another 18 months.

At least with Ole, there's a strong focus on youth. These younger players are getting opportunities, some might come good, some we can sell on if not, but there's at least a plan. short-termism hasn't got us very far. This is the first time anyone post Fergie has actually been trying to rebuild, not just paper over the cracks. Alright, it's not working right now, but I'm not sure it will as long as Woodward is in charge.

Oh, and #GlazersOut an all....
    Ok, Solskjaer out! Poch in. 

The game of naive wishful thinking management hasn't worked, lets get a real manager in whilst he is available. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11902
    I've said Pogba is toxic for at least a year