Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Solskjaer OUT!!!! (& Man U still rubbish!)

What's Hot
1151617181921»

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    axisus said:
    So you get some interim manager in again and he wins every game (yeah, just like Ole) you pretty much have to hire the guy full time then. Man U would be a laughing stock if they sacked such a manager then got someone in on a 4 year mega contract only for them to fail.

They'll beat Chelsea at the weekend and give Carrick a three and a half year contract.  I can see it coming.
    You've not been watching the team play.

If he leads the team to a 1 nil loss against Chelsea he will be given a long term contract.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    edited November 2021
    If Leicester lose to the mighty Watford at the weekend (hahah ! - but you have to dream as a Watford supporter) - Brendan Rodgers might be available too

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5001
    I head they have lined up top Italian manager Sameule Allardicio
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Reverend said:
    I head they have lined up top Italian manager Sameule Allardicio

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Under Ragnick, Manchester United are playing a new type of pressing called Depressing.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    edited January 2022
    axisus said:
    Under Ragnick, Manchester United are playing a new type of pressing called Depressing.
    You can’t press with that squad, nowhere near enough pace in central defence and DM positions to have the confidence to press high.

Whoever signed off the Ronaldo signing without prioritising a quality DM needs to be moved on.  

No balance in the team. No way Ragnick can make a high pressing silk purse out of the sow’s ear that is the united squad.

Oh and Ruben Neves is a Rolls Royce of a player compared to anybody in the United midfield.
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937
    Ole was not the problem obviously. His credentials wouldn't have got him the job ordinarily and he shouldn't have been given the job full time. They should have waited until the end of the season. He did improve the team but he took us as far as he could. However, it's also obvious that the problem lies with the team's attitude. The club is rotten from top to bottom though and Rangnick has got one hell of a job on his hands. He's now getting a bit of what Mourinho and Solskjaer had to put up with. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11297
    Watching Ronaldo's flouncing about suggests that he needs reminding that those in the same coloured shirt as him are his team-mates, not his staff. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Ragnick hasn't got the right players to play the way he wants... He has to either go for a plan b that suits his squad, or change the personnel asap.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    They did not play well against Norwich or Newcastle - But first half v Burnley was better

As an overview, then last night Wolves deserved the win - Better throughout most of the match and you would not expect Man U at home to be 2nd best in most areas - However, Bruno missed a sitter - For around 250K a week I could do that - But score then and the result might well have been different, yet in a way it would have only covered up some cracks - On paper they have a great squad of players - But the team does not function as a team and mean while players like Greenwood  and Rashford + DVB are not getting any/good/regular game time and/or not playing in the best positions, so whilst they are being undermined, their own moral and purpose sinks - IMO there is no way Sancho was worth 85 million - I never rated him that highly when I saw any CL games with Dortmund plus a few fleeting appearances for England - IMO he is way behind the likes of Saka 
  • Devil#20 said:
    Ole was not the problem obviously. His credentials wouldn't have got him the job ordinarily and he shouldn't have been given the job full time. They should have waited until the end of the season. He did improve the team but he took us as far as he could. However, it's also obvious that the problem lies with the team's attitude. The club is rotten from top to bottom though and Rangnick has got one hell of a job on his hands. He's now getting a bit of what Mourinho and Solskjaer had to put up with. 
    i think ole was a huge problem, created an enviroment where mediocrity was ok, played his favourites when they were in crap form, unfit, injured and never gave fringe players a chance even when they played well. ended up an old pals act of inexperience in charge of the team
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2952
    We've got Neves, Ruben Neves, I just don't think you understand.

...sorry.

UTW. =)
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    excuse me .... can we have Solskjaer back?

OK, we were sh*t with him, but at least he had a bit of heart for the club. Man U are now sh*t AND turgid. Other unsavoury adjectives accepted ...
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    I love the tragic bleating about being 5th in the Premiership. It's just great - Manchild thread.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22839
    axisus said:
    excuse me .... can we have Solskjaer back?

OK, we were sh*t with him, but at least he had a bit of heart for the club. Man U are now sh*t AND turgid. Other unsavoury adjectives accepted ...
    Did it take 24 hours to recover from yesterday's draw with Burnley before you could post?
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1937
    We were robbed again. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

Schnozz said:
    I love the tragic bleating about being 5th in the Premiership. It's just great - Manchild thread.
    It's more a case of tragic bleating about a club that has been woeful since Fergie left. For one of the richest clubs in the world it has been run appallingly for the past 9 years, woeful overspending, no plan, living in the past. I probably sound like I care more than I do to be honest, I just enjoy a bit of footie now and then. To be honest I'm more excited by the fact that my home town of Luton is within sniffing distance of the Championship playoffs! I would LOVE to see them in the top flight again even though they would totally be the whipping boys.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4814
    Luton and the plastic pitch, sounds like an 80s band or a kids TV show!!

I remember the fears of heading down there and the unusual pitch used as an excuse :) Would be great to see you back in the Prem, I used to like getting the Luton Town badge in the Panini stickers. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.