Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Free Elixir Optiweb strings...

What's Hot

Comments

• Just bought to copies of the magazine - may well get more!
    assume you mean TWO and not to

I can see FB Classified in a few days time with an abundance of listings - 'latest issue of The Guitar Magazine' £1 +p&p - no free gift
    Indeed! Now amended!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54 said:
    munckee said:
    I just bought both remaining copies in my local shop!
    I live in Ashbourne - small town with barely any guitar players - so probably only 2 copies ever stocked in any newsagent
    You're lucky, no newsagents where I live stock the magazine. Even the supermarket have stopped it. 
    Me either... Couldn't find it on my run... Time to get the bike out!
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2766
    2 copies really hidden away in WHSmith in Henley.  Charitable me decided to leave one copy for some other worthy soul.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Even cheaper when you are a subscriber - think I pay about £16 for 6 issues. So around £2.67!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    Just bought to copies of the magazine - may well get more!

I can see FB Classified in a few days time with an abundance of listings - 'latest issue of The Guitar Magazine' £1 +p&p - no free gift
    Mine will be the other way round wouldn't put those things on any of my guitars. THink about it, no one ever gives anything good away for nowt.....
    Do yourselves a favour and try these, and if in doubt ask Josh Smith....

https://www.thegts.co/electric-guitar/

and btw, they last forever unlike other strings so price isn't an issue.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Glad to see you're featuring a Les Paul on the cover. It's unusual to see that.
     =) 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    edited January 2019
    Sassafras said:

The previous two covers featured Frank Bros and Eastman, so we’ve given a fair bit of cover real estate to guitars that aren’t made by Gibson or Fender of late. But regardless, I don’t really need to apologise for this month’s coverstar, do I? Look at how bloody amazing it looks! :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • My usual strings.  Unfortunately strictly a 9s player though.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    chrisv said:
    Sassafras said:

The previous two covers featured Frank Bros and Eastman, so we’ve given a fair bit of cover real estate to guitars that aren’t made by Gibson or Fender of late. But regardless, I don’t really need to apologise for this month’s coverstar, do I? Look at how bloody amazing it looks! :-)
    Take no notice, I just don't like Les Pauls.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    chrisv said:
    Sassafras said:

I never used to but I’m starting to want one now... they look tiny on me though so I’m using that as a spending deterrent 
  • chrisv said:
    Sassafras said:
    chrisv said:
    Sassafras said:

I never used to but I’m starting to want one now... they look tiny on me though so I’m using that as a spending deterrent 
    Are you the guitarist from Bowling for Soup?

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    ^ That's not a guitarist. That's a yurt. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Dammit, my local ASDA doesn’t sell that one... :( - that means I have to go *out* tomorrow. 
  • Persistently irritates me that the mag is in the shops before my subscription copy arrives. 3 times in the last year it hasn’t arrived at all. Just as well it’s my favourite mag. 
    Persistently irritates me that the mag is in the shops before my subscription copy arrives. 3 times in the last year it hasn’t arrived at all. Just as well it’s my favourite mag. 
    Apologies for that – in this instance it’s likely that any slight delays are down to the bank holiday/Christmas post backlog 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    No copies near me... :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Strat54 said:
    Just bought to copies of the magazine - may well get more!

Mine will be the other way round wouldn't put those things on any of my guitars. THink about it, no one ever gives anything good away for nowt.....
    Do yourselves a favour and try these, and if in doubt ask Josh Smith....

https://www.thegts.co/electric-guitar/

and btw, they last forever unlike other strings so price isn't an issue.
    What a tremendous load of bollocks. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Scratch that. Just found a shop with a few copies. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Chris, 

Just to let you know - I’m a subscriber and have not received a copy yet (Saturday). A little disappointing to say the least, chap...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    ^tough crowd!  Chris has no control over how long the post takes.  Mine came through the door this morning, thank you!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom