Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Free Elixir Optiweb strings...

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2768
    Perhaps when someone has been nice and been giving freebies out, that any individual “unhappiness” can be dealt with by PM instead of public?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    Strat54 said:
    Do yourselves a favour and try these, and if in doubt ask Josh Smith....

https://www.thegts.co/electric-guitar/

and btw, they last forever unlike other strings so price isn't an issue.
    I'm with @Strat54 on this, I tried Elixirs a while back and will not use them again. And Gabriel Tenorio are the best strings I've used, definitely worth the outlay. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    impmann said:
    Chris, 

Just to let you know - I’m a subscriber and have not received a copy yet (Saturday). A little disappointing to say the least, chap...
    Apologies – it seems like the bank holiday this week has slowed things down in some areas. It should arrive in today’s post but if not, drop me a line and I’ll look into it for you. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    None to be had at WHSmith, South Mimms Services as I await another dubious Fb guitar transaction. 

Pretty slim pickings on the grumble mag shelf, too.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    'Ask Josh Smith'.

Is that the same Josh Smith who gets paid by GTS to endorse their strings?

I'll ask him later. I've just got to call Ray Winstone first to ask him which bookies to use.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    Hattigol said:
    'Ask Josh Smith'.

I'll ask him later. I've just got to call Ray Winstone first to ask him which bookies to use.
    Don't be so cynical, try them first. Honestly I used pretty much every brand over 30 odd years and didn't think I was that fussed about any till I was sent a pack of these by a friend. I ran an experiement to see how long they could last and they were on a guitar I use every day for a year! 

Mason Stoops session player said 'I’ve been playing and loving @elgtsco’s hand-wound strings exclusively since even before that time Gabe and I drank too many beers at Footsies six-ish years ago, but his new “Pure Niquel” line of strings are a bona fide game changer. My last set of @elgtsco strings survived two summers of touring and sounded incredible right up until the end - excited to see where this new set and I will end up next. So, before you pull the trigger on just one more $199 pedal, consider investing in some high quality strings instead. Pinky-promise you’ll hear and feel the difference'

Now (before you doubt again) if he'd been getting a stack of free strings why would he have kept them on so long? Not sure Ray will reply to you, but if you message Josh Smith he will. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    @chrisv Love the new format. Great magazine. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Got mine through the post this morning. I thought my sub had expired but this is my last issue. Bonus. The feature about the 25 year old French guitar collector has me green with envy and minded to start another war with the Frogs on general principle. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Got mine this morning. I recently sacked off my long-running Guitarist subscription and, after sampling a few guitar mags, took out a new one with TGM.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    Received mine in this mornings post; this subscription is so far proving the best gift my in-laws have ever given me.
  • xchrisvxchrisv Frets: 573
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. Glad you are enjoying it. 
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    Strat54 said:
    Hattigol said:
    'Ask Josh Smith'.

Don't be so cynical, try them first. Honestly I used pretty much every brand over 30 odd years and didn't think I was that fussed about any till I was sent a pack of these by a friend. I ran an experiement to see how long they could last and they were on a guitar I use every day for a year! 

Mason Stoops session player said 'I’ve been playing and loving @elgtsco’s hand-wound strings exclusively since even before that time Gabe and I drank too many beers at Footsies six-ish years ago, but his new “Pure Niquel” line of strings are a bona fide game changer. My last set of @elgtsco strings survived two summers of touring and sounded incredible right up until the end - excited to see where this new set and I will end up next. So, before you pull the trigger on just one more $199 pedal, consider investing in some high quality strings instead. Pinky-promise you’ll hear and feel the difference'

Now (before you doubt again) if he'd been getting a stack of free strings why would he have kept them on so long? Not sure Ray will reply to you, but if you message Josh Smith he will. 
    I think long life is a feature of pure nickel strings.  I've been using round core pure nickel Pyramids for a while now, they're noted for their long life (not just my observation), sound great, they've been making them forever and they're cheaper than GTS.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6684
    edited January 2019
    I think long life is a feature of pure nickel strings.  I've been using round core pure nickel Pyramids for a while now, they're noted for their long life (not just my observation), sound great, they've been making them forever and they're cheaper than GTS.

I'm about to grab some Pyramids to try out. 
    I'm not a die hard "GTS are the best strings that have ever been made in the entire Universe ever" kind of guy but they are really good. I also like the way that he makes different wrap lengths for different bridge/ferrule/trem mechanisms. I am also happy to call out snake oil, but his product is good. 
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    I hadn't seen this thread so was quite chuffed wheny copy arrived this morning.
  • Mine's just landed. Well classy.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1596
    merlin said:

I'm about to grab some Pyramids to try out. 
    I'm not a die hard "GTS are the best strings that have ever been made in the entire Universe ever" kind of guy but they are really good. I also like the way that he makes different wrap lengths for different bridge/ferrule/trem mechanisms. I am also happy to call out snake oil, but his product is good. 
    The wrap length choice is a good idea.  I can't put Rotosounds on my wraptail guitars as the string wrap is too long.  Pyramids are fine though.
  • hoopshoops Frets: 224
    My subscription copy arrived this am with strings included. Never really liked coated strings but I'll give em a go. 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    Strat54 said:
    Hattigol said:
    'Ask Josh Smith'.

Chalk and Cheese. Have tried the Pyramids, they're not even close. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5424
    Woo, got mine today at WH Smith... and some 99p Christmas cards for next year!
  • FezFez Frets: 525
    Got mine around lunchtime today. I have bought Elixirs a few times over the years & they have always been pretty good.
    Don't touch that dial.