Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Free Elixir Optiweb strings...

What's Hot

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    are they fitted for free too??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    are they fitted for free too??
    Well, that's the thing. I would buy a copy but without a string-monkey service thrown in I'm afraid it's a deal breaker. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    Can the people who have multiple copies do me a favour and leave them in the dentists and doctors so I don't have to read Caravan Monthly again! :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Strat54 said:
    Can the people who have multiple copies do me a favour and leave them in the dentists and doctors so I don't have to read Caravan Monthly again! :) 
    If you wish to get divorced/sue the shit out of someone (or are unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of such disagreeable activity) there’s a copy in our waiting room here.

Makes a refreshing change from Private Eye, and Viz.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • suspiciousmindssuspiciousminds Frets: 393
    edited January 2019
    Just bought my copy from tescos today.
    whats the normal price of these strings?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12368
    JerkMoans said:
    Strat54 said:
    If you wish to get divorced/sue the shit out of someone (or are unfortunate enough to be on the receiving end of such disagreeable activity) there’s a copy in our waiting room here.

Can you post a virtual business card should I ever need to call you in an emergency : )
  • Sincerely, I hope all these multibuy spare copies don't end up in the recycling.
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5046
    Sincerely, I hope all these multibuy spare copies don't end up in the recycling.
    Better than going into landfill surely?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Yes! But not as good as being read by guitar players...
    Dickie's 90-Second Pedal Demos: youtube.com/c/Dickies90SecondPedalDemos /// guitar.com reviews: guitar.com/author/richard-purvis/
    Yes! But not as good as being read by guitar players...
    One's in my waiting room, one in my wife's, one's gone to the lad who plays guitar in my son's band and I have two going begging.  Want one?  PM me and I'll stick it in the post.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    munckee said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Strat54 said:

Can you post a virtual business card should I ever need to call you in an emergency : )
    I should think about 9/10ths of the forum have been round here in the last 18 months, but just put 0800 666 666 on speed dial :wink: 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I have my copy, thanks Mark!  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Got mine yesterday. There were a couple more copies left too in the WH Smiths in Chipping Norton.

The subscription offer of £9 for 3 issues is really good so might subscribe too!
  • Great new mag layout, it's been getting better and better over the last few years, makes a change from another mag
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    Mine came in the post Friday, really enjoyed the magazine and the strings offer was a real bonus - great stuff.
  • MolemanMoleman Frets: 133
    Just picked up the last couple of copies from WH Smiths in Watford (goodness, what a dump of a store Smiths has turned into)!

Still reading the magazine but first impressions of the redesign are very positive. Only negative was the Reverb advertorial spreads (way too much white space)!

I have some of the earliest issues of this title and I believe that it has been a consistently more interesting read than any of the UK competition. Haven't tried the strings yet but the old set on the sofa dwelling Tele partscaster still sound and feel good after a crazy long time...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11765
    no wonder I've not seen one anywhere if everyone has gone mental and bought four or five...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I grabbed a copy at Manchester Piccadilly station. Loads left.

Have to say I was quite disappointed. Even with an article on offsets it felt like page filler.
    The playing/technique section is tiny from how it used to be and the magazine still seems to be full of yesteryear guitars and players on the whole.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2381
    I grabbed a copy at Manchester Piccadilly station. Loads left.

Have to say I was quite disappointed. Even with an article on offsets it felt like page filler.
    The playing/technique section is tiny from how it used to be and the magazine still seems to be full of yesteryear guitars and players on the whole.

Possibly because its demographic are likewise....on the whole. Do young people buy magazines these days?
    no wonder I've not seen one anywhere if everyone has gone mental and bought four or five...
    It’s the R8 frenzy of our more austere times.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom