Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Calling all Dentists, bring out your PRS

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    I don't have these any more, and only pics of three out of the five I owned, but here are the three...

Standard 22, trans purple - 

Custom 22, also originally trans purple but faded to pink!

Hollowbody I, refinished in some sort of trans black - not by PRS.

I also had a cherry McCarty Soapbar Standard and a black Custom 22 Soapbar. Fifty moons between them all, and no birds!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    You lot must be sick of seeing my Reclaimed Vela and S2 Singlecut with OCP Winterizer II pickups. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    I don't have these any more, and only pics of three out of the five I owned, but here are the three...

Standard 22, trans purple - 

Custom 22, also originally trans purple but faded to pink!

Hollowbody I, refinished in some sort of trans black - not by PRS.

I also had a cherry McCarty Soapbar Standard and a black Custom 22 Soapbar. Fifty moons between them all, and no birds!
    Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I thought your McCarty Soapbar had a maple cap? 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24280
    Roland said:
    Perfect.

If I had one, that’s what I’d want.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

My PRS Tremonti - it has Tremonti pickups and its claim to fame is it has been played by Mark Tremonti .. :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    AuldReekie said:

Perhaps my memory is failing me, but I thought your McCarty Soapbar had a maple cap? 
    No, it was a Standard - same as yours, but cherry... and about double the weight! It was the Custom 22 Soapbar that had the maple cap.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655
    Studio 22 in Black Gold top 10.  Gigging guitar at present

S2 Custom Semi-Hollow

SE Chris Robertson (latest addition to the stable)

SE Custom Semi-Hollow which I've given to my son.  This was a replacement for my first PRS (that one was blue) which I foolishly sold

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Love those Chris robertson Prs 
    also fancy one of the semi hollow se 
    lots of Prs goodness and not an extraction in sight 
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    edited January 2019
    My recent acquisition. 2000 McCarty.

https://i.imgur.com/4gStroB.jpg
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655

also fancy one of the semi hollow se 

You don’t see them come up all that often as people hang on to them (not everybody is as stupid as I was).  The later ones had a more traditional f sound hole.  The original had quite a Rickenbacker vibe and it was the first, and still one of only a very small number, of guitars that I have ordered without playing.

I got the second one, also without playing, used online and it was in less than pristine condition.  I played it a gig a few weeks later and decided that it was so good that I went out and bought the S2 (I wanted a trem).
  • timmypix said:
    My tarted up and soon to be tarted up SEs! Interesting how unpopular the PRSes are on this forum, the rate my guitar thread is genuinely fascinating.

SE Bernie with Mannmade bridge and BKP Mules:

SE SVN Axe Palace special run with burled poplar top - in need of slightly better pickups:

Yes I like green.
    Blimey the Bernie is pretty. Favourite guitar of the thread so far.

I replaced the pickups in my SE CU22, really made the guitar come alive. But Iron Gear Hot Slags in both positions. Also made the tone pot a push-push to split the tap the coils.

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    My Custom 22 in Black Gold Wrap

• Here's my proof of dental practitioner status ;)

Not very bling, just a great workhorse guitar. :)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22874
    timmypix said:
    My tarted up and soon to be tarted up SEs! Interesting how unpopular the PRSes are on this forum, the rate my guitar thread is genuinely fascinating.

SE Bernie with Mannmade bridge and BKP Mules:

That's the best looking SE model I've ever seen.

I'd like to post pictures of mine but I'm a dentist, not a photographer.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PRS Custom 24 - hands down, best guitar I own!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I find it hard to understand how people can dislike the look of all PRSes, there's so many different ones and many of them look so so nice.

Like someone looking through FHM's "Top 100 sexiest women in the world" and going "they're all ugly, I only fancy Marilyn Monroe"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Roland said:
    Man, that is near perfection.

When I was just getting in to guitars as an adult (so didn't know what different guitars sounded like, didn't have any biases that I "learned" from the guitar world) I bought a PRS SE Custom 24 because I thought it was the best looking guitar under a grand I had seen and it is very much modelled after this with the yellow burst body and red headstock.

Of course my SE, as nice as it is in its own right, is very much a tribute act to that piece of excellence.
    My heavily gigged, faded 2009 AL D. 

sweepy said:
    Excuse the language but both of these are so fucking cool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    thegummy said:k
    I find it hard to understand how people can dislike the look of all PRSes, there's so many different ones and many of them look so so nice.

Like someone looking through FHM's "Top 100 sexiest women in the world" and going "they're all ugly, I only fancy Marilyn Monroe"

Why? It's called personal taste and everyone's is different?

I can honestly state that there is not a single one on this thread that I find remotely nice. 

Less FHM Top 100 Sexiest Women - more the Circus' Top 100 Bearded Ladies.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:

To be honest, given what’s apparently the current paradigm of female beauty, that isn’t too far from the truth.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom