Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Calling all Dentists, bring out your PRS

What's Hot

Comments

• Nothing fancy. Just an S2 which is a great workhorse guitar, especially since I subsequently changed the pickups.

https://i.imgur.com/VSoxuOo.jpg

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My Employee Model McCarty...

...and, at the other end of the condition scale, my beat-to-f#@k CU24 hardtail...

Gah!

...and the Vela!

How could I forget that?!  It's been my go-to guitar for six months now!  
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    Nothing fancy. Just an S2 which is a great workhorse guitar, especially since I subsequently changed the pickups.

What pickups did you put in?
    Tim
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    edited January 2019
    timmypix said:
    Nothing fancy. Just an S2 which is a great workhorse guitar, especially since I subsequently changed the pickups.

What pickups did you put in?

Just a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the bridge position and a SH-2n Jazz in the neck position, both coil tappable. Maybe not for everyone, but they work for me. The original pickups were good, but sounded a bit too focused and 'metal' for me.

Actually they were put in for me by Charlie Chandler who also did some other mods to the electrics (but don't as me what).

It's not a competition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72354
    stratman3142 said:

Just a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the bridge position and a SH-2n Jazz in the neck position, both coil tappable. Maybe not for everyone, but they work for me. The original pickups were good, but sounded a bit too focused and 'metal' for me.
    I didn't like them either. I had Duncan '59 neck and Custom Custom bridge in both my Standard and Custom - the Standard with covers, the Custom without. I tried a Pearly Gates neck in the Custom - it's what's in the pic above - but it sounded thin, so went back to the '59.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Mine's currently sporting a pair of Burstbuckers. BB61 (screw coil hotter than the slug) at the neck and BB2 in the bridge. 
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    ICBM said:
    thegummy said:

Like someone looking through FHM's "Top 100 sexiest women in the world" and going "they're all ugly, I only fancy Marilyn Monroe"
    To be honest, given what’s apparently the current paradigm of female beauty, that isn’t too far from the truth.
    To be honest it's probably about 20 years since I looked at it; if celebrity women are wearing as much makeup as the young civilian women then I'll probably agree with you.
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I've just put mine up on the 'Rate My Guitar' thread.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    10 top CU22, poor lighting.

After switching on dental examination lighting.

put these back to normal pickups and send it to my house please, I'll send you money shortly after @guitarfishbay ;
    Roland said:
    Perfect.

If I had one, that’s what I’d want.
    yes yes yes yes
    594 ten top, no idea why the forum is putting the images in the wrong rotation, the source hosted image is the right way.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3128
    edited January 2019
    Have to say this thread is far more interesting than a show me your strat one with a million tobacco sunbursts or show me your les Paul with a million orange ones !
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Have to say this thread is far more interesting than a show me your strat one with a million tobacco sunbursts or show me your les Paul with a million orange ones !
    Yeah at least you can see what your getting for three root canals.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    Getting a little bit of GAS for a PRS due to this thread. The Vela, Midas & the green Bernie look great!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    thegummy said:
    Roland said:
    Man, that is near perfection.

When I was just getting in to guitars as an adult (so didn't know what different guitars sounded like, didn't have any biases that I "learned" from the guitar world) I bought a PRS SE Custom 24 because I thought it was the best looking guitar under a grand I had seen and it is very much modelled after this with the yellow burst body and red headstock.

Of course my SE, as nice as it is in its own right, is very much a tribute act to that piece of excellence.

darcym said:
    Perfect.

If I had one, that’s what I’d want.
    yes yes yes yes
    Well thank you all. It has always been my ideal PRS. I was lucky to find this guitar for sale on the forum when I was recovering from surgery in 2013, and bought it as a get well present to myself. Mind you, travelling to London to collect it set recovery back a bit, but worth it.

It’s a McCarty. It has been around a bit, with a few previous owners on this forum, because the sound doesn’t suit some people. New electrics and a set of @TheGuitarWeasel ‘s bright sounding Creature pickups have sorted that out.

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3655

I really like the S2 range.  I wish that I’d got the S2 single cut rather than the SE Chris Robertson.  Mind you, that would have been more than twice the price so I’d probably be still waiting 
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 406
    edited January 2019
    McCarty Std Soapbar IRW with gold h/w - only one I've seen.

Has Oil City Jingo Ba P90s and non standard knobs.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Only PRS I've ever gelled with the 594 - this one is mine:

I wish they would do one of these with a P90 at the neck - that would be sweet :)
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Here are mine....

1reaction image LOL 14reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7770
    Twinfan said:
    Here are mine....

OMG. FUCKING BEAUTIFUL !
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom